Mike Gesicki is a free agent. Would the Bills take a flyer on him?

Draconator

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

NFL teams are averaging about 6.4 net yards per pass attempt and 4.3 yards per carry.

When you have a Josh Allen IMO that's a bad idea because of above.  I found that stat for the entire league, I'd imagine if looking at teams like Buffalo, KC, Bengals, you'd see an even larger difference.  Certainly can pass from formation you're suggesting but keeping three wide increases your chance, assuming the three are good to better WR's.  Having an elite QB also makes the WR's and d TE's too look better. 

Having said that do feel the Bills need more WR help than present.

I get your point, but I’m not saying we should run more per say.  Just more effectively.  Create more mismatches vs all of these team playing nickel and dime all game. I’d take 2 knox’s over 1 knox and 1 midget slot with a negative catch radius. Especially a midget slot that can’t block worth a dam.  

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be 60-40 pass to run.  I’m saying that if we ran a lot of 2TE sets with 2 formidable and complete TEs- opposing defenses would be forced to play us honest as opposed to doing everything in their power yo take Diggs out of the game  or play the cover 2 she’ll all game.  We could dictate what the defense does, not the other way around.  Our Rb rush effectiveness would increase.  Our QB rush production would increase and, imo, our pass effectiveness would increase as well once teams started to play us more honest.  

jmo

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I get your point, but I’m not saying we should run more per say.  Just more effectively.  Create more mismatches vs all of these team playing nickel and dime all game. I’d take 2 knox’s over 1 knox and 1 midget slot with a negative catch radius. Especially a midget slot that can’t block worth a dam.  

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be 60-40 pass to run.  I’m saying that if we ran a lot of 2TE sets with 2 formidable and complete TEs- opposing defenses would be forced to play us honest as opposed to doing everything in their power yo take Diggs out of the game  or play the cover 2 she’ll all game.  We could dictate what the defense does, not the other way around.  Our Rb rush effectiveness would increase.  Our QB rush production would increase and, imo, our pass effectiveness would increase as well once teams started to play us more honest.  

jmo

index.jpg.e1a386b217b61e47729e2b1d960544c4.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

index.jpg.e1a386b217b61e47729e2b1d960544c4.jpg

He would be a perfect fit in that type of system.  He definitely has his limitations in the pass game, but he might eventually be the best blocking TE ever. He’s a demon in that department.  Rd 3- I’d be happy with him but I don’t know if he’ll fall that far. Maybe a trade up into rd 3.

Not with our cap situation.  Knox is the clear#1. #2 TE needs to block. Morris is fine, but if they can find a cheap version of Lee Smith I would be fine swapping out Morris. #3 TE needs to be a swing OT. They are going to draft an OT and probably a C/G next season. They will likely need one extra roster spot for OL. They can carry Sweeney on the PS all year if they want. 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

He would be a perfect fit in that type of system.  He definitely has his limitations in the pass game, but he might eventually be the best blocking TE ever. He’s a demon in that department.  Rd 3- I’d be happy with him but I don’t know if he’ll fall that far. Maybe a trade up into rd 3.

Drafttek has him listed as #91 on their big board. I would definitely consider even a small trade up in the third to secure him. He would be a piece that would improve the overall oline competency.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Drafttek has him listed as #91 on their big board. I would definitely consider even a small trade up in the third to secure him. He would be a piece that would improve the overall oline competency.

Dane Brugler has him being taken 24th overall by jax in his latest draft-  😭 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:30 AM, Victory Formation said:

Oh, absolutely. He would absolutely replace Cole Beasley as Josh’s trusty slot WR.

I hear people say that he can’t block, but the guy’s 6’6 250lbs, trust me, he can block, he may need to learn better techniques though.

Gesicki is probably my top FA. Pay him $10M/yr for the next two years and call it a day.

Blocking isn't about size. 

It's much more about want-to. Gesicki doesn't. If he did, he'd have done it by now.

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.