Fox News- Josh Allen's spiritual awakening

Returntoglory

I said it at the time, if I was in cardiac arrest and being worked on for 9 minutes, there's probably no better place I would choose than in front of 100,000 Bengals fans in the middle of the Bible Belt --- maybe the biggest prayer meeting since a Billy Graham crusade. Prayer is real. God is real. The preciousness of human life is what caused this outpouring of love and support from across the nation.

• Like (+1) 24
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It has been great to hear so many people associated with the Bills talk about prayer and how this event has caused them to reevaluate many things. Hearing Josh talk openly about his spiritual awakening in such a raw and honest way is wonderful. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I'm always thrilled when people come to faith in Jesus Christ or are renewed in that faith. I think the prayer of thousands was certainly a benefit in saving Hamlin's life and hastening his recovery.  What I don't buy into is God intervening to determine the outcome of games, the Sabres game alluded to in the article as an example.  I believe God is active in the world, but is not in the habit of picking favorites in athletic events.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm always thrilled when people come to faith in Jesus Christ or are renewed in that faith. I think the prayer of thousands was certainly a benefit in saving Hamlin's life and hastening his recovery.  What I don't buy into is God intervening to determine the outcome of games, the Sabres game alluded to in the article as an example.  I believe God is active in the world, but is not in the habit of picking favorites in athletic events.  

when I was a kid during those 90s SB years, all I wanted was for my pastor to pray for a win on SB Sunday. Just one win!!  He never did!!  😃

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

when I was a kid during those 90s SB years, all I wanted was for my pastor to pray for a win on SB Sunday. Just one win!!  He never did!!  😃

I was watching Super Bowl 25 with a youth group from the church I was going to at the time. I shouted out "Please God let Norwood make this kick". The youth pastor told me not to have God play favorites.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I was watching Super Bowl 25 with a youth group from the church I was going to at the time. I shouted out "Please God let Norwood make this kick". The youth pastor told me not to have God play favorites.

Hey, this whole “God doesn’t play favorites” never stopped me from praying for a W!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I believe God is active in the world, but is not in the habit of picking favorites in athletic events.  

I think that was true until online betting came along. God probably can’t help himself now like the rest of us. 🤣

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Apparently there were more Giants fans praying for a miss!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I believe that JESUS, Son of YHWH is the LORD and although I do not have much to say on this topic, Jesus said: “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.“ Matthew 10:32

I love football, I love the physicality of it, but what I do NOT love is major injuries. Sure knock the wind out of someone, fine, but I do not want to see somebody blow their knee out or have a spinal injury ESPECIALLY when I know that player is a Born Again Christian just like me! So what if he plays for the other team!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I believe that JESUS, Son of YHWH is the LORD and although I do not have much to say on this topic, Jesus said: “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.“ Matthew 10:32

I love football, I love the physicality of it, but what I do NOT love is major injuries. Sure knock the wind out of someone, fine, but I do not want to see somebody blow their knee out or have a spinal injury ESPECIALLY when I know that player is a Born Again Christian just like me! So what if he plays for the other team!

Oh, the old guilt trip from some guy in the sky looking down on us making sure we behave. Repent!!

Edited by Trock
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was a pastor for 40 years, including the years you mentioned.  I never prayed for the Bills or anybody else to win the SB.  I never even prayed that Tom Brady would fall on his face.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

It's bigger than an athletic event. This is not just a Super Bowl. It would be the resurgence of entire city. And quantum shift in the mentality of hundreds of thousands of people. That's God territory. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.