Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 hour ago, psuscott16 said:

Didn't they say this yesterday?

Yesterday it was Bills and Chiefs.  Then Lamar tweeted the SpongeBob smile and all their bloggers interpreted that as though Baltimore was in.  

So now Pac-Man say Chiefs, Bills and Ravens.  He didn’t exactly go out on a ledge with that info

• Like (+1) 1

How long was the JJ Watt thread?  And you know who plays Von in this episode?  That would be one Mike Evans of Tampa. 

Hear me out, Tampa has too much money invested in the WR room, close to $50M in the top 3 alone - M Evans $18M, C Godwin $20M, R Gage $10M.  To get them out of that mess and stagger their finances they could go WR at #19 for a top 3 candidate, and move Evans to us.  They would also pick up around a 3rd from us to help Tampa get more cheap labor (which they need).

Tampa would do this the night of the draft to pretend like it was a WR they couldn't pass up.  But that's really just part of the smokescreen to divert the outrage of what would have been moving a fan favorite.  

Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean it's not in play.  It's the way Beane operates.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Cards are just trying to get all these teams in play to up the price a little.

Ravens seem odd fit for both 

chiefs I would be angry 

anyone else meh 
Bills for a fair price 

I don’t get how it why Baltimore makes this move.  They don’t want to give Lamar the contract he wants but they think he’ll cave if they sign better WR’s?

27 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, we don't need a second number 1 so just so we just shouldn't try at all then? You sound like one of those people that says "how much help does Josh Allen need?" Almost as if the Cardinals called us and said "hey, would you like DeAndre Hopkins?" Beane is gonna say "no, thanks. We don't need a 2nd number 1 and Josh doesn't help anymore" it's stupid. And of course, the contract has to come down to make it work, that's what everyone is operating under. The trade gets made with him having a cheaper cap hit

I specifically laid out how we help Josh:

1. Improve the OL

2. Improve slot WR

Just because we don't land Dhop, doesn't mean I'm not for putting more support around Josh...quite the opposite.  I just have a practical way to approach it. 

You're making this all or nothing, when the facts still stand that Dhop costs $19m this season and we are strapped against the cap.  On top of that, Beane has been hesitant to push any more cap hits into future years.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get how it why Baltimore makes this move.  They don’t want to give Lamar the contract he wants but they think he’ll cave if they sign better WR’s?

Nor does it make sense they won't pay him, but had no problem paying (overpaying) for OBJ and then taking on another big WR contract?

It's like they'll gladly pay for the bun and the veggies but won't buy the actual burger.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Not to derail the thread, but I think there is a reasonable place in the middle of "not giving Lamar the contract he wants" and "signing a quality WR". 

You could make the point that signing a Hopkins is exactly why they wouldn't want to give Lamar a Watson-esque contract. 

46 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not random speculation. Hopkins legitimately wants to be here. If Beane is even 1% interested, he will be a Bill by tonight. 

Yourrrrre baaaack….. 

hopkins legitimately wants to be out of Az.  He wants to be in KC.  I’d bet money he would want to be in Baltimore.  And Cinci. And the chargers.  

Beanes 1% interest doesn’t eliminate all the other teams from being more than 1% interested and willing to offer more in a trade.  

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

They hold all the cards with Lamar.  Idiot without an agent…. they know they can continue to wait.  It’ll get done if and when they want to get it done.   

Decosta might be the best In the business. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yourrrrre baaaack….. 

hopkins legitimately wants to be out of Az.  He wants to be in KC.  I’d bet money he would want to be in Baltimore.  And Cinci. And the chargers.  

Beanes 1% interest doesn’t eliminate all the other teams from being more than 1% interested and willing to offer more in a trade.  

That's what many people are forgetting here...we have 6 picks.  Unless Beane were to be willing to dip into next year's picks, which I wouldn't want him to, we don't have as much to offer.  KC has what...10 picks or something?

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrjOculuOjU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hopkins with the first comment on Diggs IG post  (it’s about fashion, but still)

77B3FBF6-01F3-4F4E-9C00-BAF343B36B3C.jpeg

Definitely not a friend congratulating another friend on their magazine shoot. It has to actually mean he's becoming a Buffalo Bill.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

36 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Sure, but Baltimore has even less cap space than the Bills and they still have to, in theory, pay Lamar.

Rodgers current cap hit for the jets is 1.1M.  It’s over 100M next year.  They’ll figure out a new contract and void years will happen.  

Baltimore will do the same with hopkins if they so desire.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They hold all the cards with Lamar.  Idiot without an agent…. they know they can continue to wait.  It’ll get done if and when they want to get it done.   

I still don't get the no agent thing. That's like representing yourself in court.  Not a smart idea.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I specifically laid out how we help Josh:

1. Improve the OL

2. Improve slot WR

Just because we don't land Dhop, doesn't mean I'm not for putting more support around Josh...quite the opposite.  I just have a practical way to approach it. 

You're making this all or nothing, when the facts still stand that Dhop costs $19m this season and we are strapped against the cap.  On top of that, Beane has been hesitant to push any more cap hits into future years.  

He Costs $19 million now. If a trade happens, it will be under a reduced cap number. You need to stop looking at the $19 million cap hit because if a trade does happen, that's not what the cap hit would be. And we could do what you said, I'd still be for getting Hopkins over some unproven WR or unknown lineman

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Rodgers current cap hit for the jets is 1.1M.  It’s over 100M next year.  They’ll figure out a new contract and void years will happen.  

Baltimore will do the same with hopkins if they so desire.  

Sure, but it will have to be before a trade, as the Bills would have to do

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I was just gonna add to this. No way Lamar doesn’t come in under the franchise tag with ODB, and DHop on the roster and prove that he’s worthy of the best QB in the NFL money on his next contract. He’ll be forced to come in and play, even through some injuries and being banged up. Unlike last year. 

• Agree 1