Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

9 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Beane is not trading Davis. He believes in him more than anyone, constantly vouches for him whenever he gets the chance and thinks he bounces back in a big way next year. If we get dhop I’m pretty confident gabe isn’t part of the deal.

I agree.  I’m to the point where I think Beane is desperately hoping for any glimpse of consistency from Gabe to immediately extend him.  

I do also think there’s a decent chance we trade for Hopkins this week,  but will admit, it’s a bit clunky of a WR room.  

Talented as all get out, but no true slot.. 3 outside guys and 2 inside/outside guys in Harty & Shakir.  Sherfield as WR6/ST’s. 

You figure it out… Likely means more Diggs in the slot… but it’s not the most complimentary WR room, because you’re not sitting Diggs, Hopkins or Davis in 11 personnel. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I agree.  I’m to the point where I think Beane is desperately hoping for any glimpse of consistency from Gabe to immediately extend him.  

I do also think there’s a decent chance we trade for Hopkins this week,  but will admit, it’s a bit clunky of a WR room.  

Talented as all get out, but no true slot.. 3 outside guys and 2 inside/outside guys in Harty & Shakir.  Sherfield as WR6/ST’s. 

You figure it out… Likely means more Diggs in the slot… but it’s not the most complimentary WR room, because you’re not sitting Diggs, Hopkins or Davis in 11 personnel. 

If a trade for Hopkins involves moving back from 27 to 34, I'm tempted to take Josh Downs who is going to be an excellent slot receiver. I would trade Davis for a pick, but doubt Beane would.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If a trade for Hopkins involves moving back from 27 to 34, I'm tempted to take Josh Downs who is going to be an excellent slot receiver. I would trade Davis for a pick, but doubt Beane would.

Diggs - Downs - Hopkins would be disgusting, but agreed .. I’d be jaw to floor shocked if we trade Gabe Davis. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Beane is not trading Davis. He believes in him more than anyone, constantly vouches for him whenever he gets the chance and thinks he bounces back in a big way next year. If we get dhop I’m pretty confident gabe isn’t part of the deal.

Titans GIF by HBO Max

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

You get Hopkins and all of a sudden Diggs gets more opportunities in the slot which=LETHAL. Then you can still stock the cubbard for the future too. Time to set Josh up for not only this year, but the next 5 years.

this all day. Diggs dominates from the slot. Our offense needs wayy more quick slants over the middle

3 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

If they believe in Davis they should extend him now.  Wait until next off-season and the cost might be more than Beane chooses to afford.

If they trade Davis in a theoretical deal for Hopkins they can still draft a WR early and Shakir is still there too (I don’t know why folks overlook him.)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Really playing the odds here.

what is a skrong

Skrong is in some peoples mind a cooler way to say “strong” for me, not so much…

20 minutes ago, purple haze said:

If they believe in Davis they should extend him now.  Wait until next off-season and the cost might be more than Beane chooses to afford.

If they trade Davis in a theoretical deal for Hopkins they can still draft a WR early and Shakir is still there too (I don’t know why folks overlook him.)

Gabe would probably get OBJ type money on the open market. There's no way he's worth that much but he has the stats. Trade him now I say 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That’s what WRs make now a days. The top guys will be signing for $25 million!

Then might as well pay Hopkins his money as that would be a bargain by comparison .

If they give Gabe a Christian Kirk type deal after another 50% catch effort I'm going to barf. He has the yards but he ain't that good if you have a pair of eyes .

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Then might as well pay Hopkins his money as that would be a bargain by comparison 

If they give him a Christian Kirk deal after another 50% catch effort I'm going to barf. He has the yards but he ain't that good if you have a pair of eyes 

He’s definitely not a problem for defenses. I think the Bills like his overall fit on the team. He seems like a Dawson Knox type. Inconsistent but checks all the other boxes. 3 P’s. Production, Potential, and Person.