Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

They will be looking for a fit in the draft (they got a lot of picks).  I can see them also adding a FA after the draft to complete.

They are weak right now.  They won't stand pat.  Right now, all their eggs are in the Kelce basket.

The Chiefs have built a great Oline for Mahomes. As a result, he makes WRs look better and has time to find the open guy. As a result, a dynamic WR isn't crucial in the Chiefs system. 

The Bills have failed to build a solid wall around Allen. Basically, it's the main failure of the Bills falling short. Just look at the Cinci game. Allen had no time to throw. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The Chiefs have built a great Oline for Mahomes. As a result, he makes WRs look better and has time to find the open guy. As a result, a dynamic WR isn't crucial in the Chiefs system. 

The Bills have failed to build a solid wall around Allen. Basically, it's the main failure with the Bills fall short. 

Yes, and for the umpteenth time I want another OT in the draft, at a minimum.

Even if Brown improves and the rookie can't unseat him as a starter, there is no one worthy of depth that can come in and perform well.

It's a long season and OL guys get injured.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills have failed to build a solid wall around Allen. Basically, it's the main failure of the Bills falling short. Just look at the Cinci game. Allen had no time to throw. 

boom

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes, and for the umpteenth time I want another OT in the draft, at a minimum.

Even if Brown improves and the rookie can't unseat him as a starter, there is no one worthy of depth that can come in and perform well.

It's a long season and OL guys get injured.

I'm looking at this current oline and thinking it has a lot of question marks. Currently, it still doesn't look to be a strong offense line. Adequate to beat lesser teams but come playoff time the same issues will likely appear. 

Still have time to improve the line. Hopefully, guys step up and stay healthy.

I'm concerned about both sides of the line. We all know the importance of the trenches. Yet, the Bills seemingly haven't or can't improve them enough to make that Super Bowl run. 

What changes this year to make us think things will be different? 

Edited by newcam2012

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm looking at this current oline and thinking it has a lot of question marks. Currently, it still doesn't look to be a strong offense line. Adequate to beat lesser teams but cone playoff time the same issues will likely appear. 

Still have time to improve the line. Hopefully, guys step up and stay healthy.

I'm concerned about both sides of the line. We all know the importance of the trenches. Yet, the Bills seemingly haven't or can't improve them enough to make that Super Bowl run. 

What changes this year to make us think things will be different? 

We will see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Kelce is dynamic. All else goes wrong and Mahomes has a safety net. 

So if Kelce is to our Diggs. Then MVS, Toney, Moore are better than Knox, Davis, Shakir (or Harty, Sherfield, 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Kelce is dynamic. All else goes wrong and Mahomes has a safety net. 

So if Kelce is to our Diggs. Then MVS, Toney, Moore are better than Knox, Davis, Shakir (or Harty, Sherfield, 

You missed the big ones.

(1) Mahomes is better than Allen. Sorry it's true folks.

(2) Reid is better than McD.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You missed the big ones.

(1) Mahomes is better than Allen. Sorry it's true folks.

(2) Reid is better than McD.

I think Reid is the best coach in the league.  He is better than McD.

But sorry - Allen & Mahomes are pretty even.  Somewhat different skillsets, but I would not trade Allen for Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Success said:

But sorry - Allen & Mahomes are pretty even.  Somewhat different skillsets, but I would not trade Allen for Mahomes.

Reid has like 24 years and McDermott 6.  But the bigger discrepancy, and why fans can't see it is, Reid 24 years, Dorsey 1.

Bills had a rookie OC, while Reid probably faced more "3rd and longs" in his tenure than Dorsey's total plays.

McDermott is 21st on the all-time coaching Win% list with .639.  That .002 behind Reid who is 20th on the list with .641.

I wonder if fans know that?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Success said:

You are in the minority thinking Josh is better than Mahomes. 

Mahomes would win by a landslide if you polled fans, experts, and coaches. 

Until Allen gets a ring or two or three he will always be Mahomes understudy. It's rings that count brother. 

Mahomes led his average team to a Super Bowl win on one leg. 

Allen's offense scored 10 points in a home playoff game.

Do the math sir...

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Until Allen gets a ring or two or three he will always be Mahomes understudy. It's rings that count brother. 

Do the math sir...

I bet that if you set up a team with a great O line and loaded it with elite skill players and then polled GM's, Owners, Head Coaches & Offensive Coordinators who they would want to QB that team, Allen or Mahomes, Allen would win that poll.

• Disagree 9

9 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed, but assuming they add to Mahomes’ targets, starting off with Kelce, MVS, Toney, and Moore ain’t half bad.  

they have to worry that at soooome point Kelce misses time. His health has been remarkable but statistically can’t keep up forever and they have so little insulation for that today 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Do the math sir...

I don’t expect non-Bills fans to think Allen is better than Mahomes.  He’s the gold standard until proven otherwise.  

He also sat his first year and joined a playoff caliber roster with a brilliant offensive mind and a franchise that has been extremely proactive in giving him protection and weapons. 

I simply wonder how Allen would look in that situation .. or if his defense/coaching didn’t let him down in 13 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I bet that if you set up a team with a great O line and loaded it with elite skill players and then polled GM's, Owners, Head Coaches & Offensive Coordinators who they would want to QB that team, Allen or Mahomes, Allen would win that poll.

I doubt that. Too many people fall in love with Allen's arm strength. There's more to playing the QB position than that.

Look how Burrow carved the Bills D with a ***** oline. He's arm isn't anything special. It can be argued that Burrow has surpassed Allen. Burrow has that swag and that it factor. You can feel it in the big games. 

Allen has shown to be careless and reckless with the ball. Thus far, he hasn't led his team nearly as far as Mahomes or Burrows. 

It really doesn't matter because all three QBs are franchise elite QBs. Hopefully, Allen will led the Bills to a Super Bowl.

My ranking in 1 Mahomes

2 Allen and 3 Burrow

• Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t expect non-Bills fans to think Allen is better than Mahomes.  He’s the gold standard until proven otherwise.  

He also sat his first year and joined a playoff caliber roster with a brilliant offensive mind and a franchise that has been extremely proactive in giving him protection and weapons. 

I simply wonder how Allen would look in that situation .. or if his defense/coaching didn’t let him down in 13 seconds. 

100% agree! I absolutely think Allen would have some rings if the Bills organization and coaches were similar to KCs. 

I mean just analyse KCs team.

Their defense was middling with many younger players who stepped up. Very good experienced DC too.

On offense, they have mediocre RBs and WRs which equates to limited weapons. 

Yet they won a Super Bowl. Why and how? Coaching, Mahomes, Oline, and Dline...

Looking at Arizona's cap situation, they're about 12 under right now. I'd imagine they want to get out from Hopkins massive contract. But they aren't in such bad shape that they have to. 

Between that and their actions, says to me that their stance is that they'll move him if someone blows them away with an offer. But if not, they're fine with keeping him.

Our stance is "if the price is right" (as stated by WHAM13's Dan Fetes after talking to team sources) and they're desperate enough that it's a good deal we couldn't pass on, we'll make a trade.

Those two stances just don't line up. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19