We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That's kind of where I'm at with your meme game.

5 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Just post your eye roll emoji and move on please. 

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Oh no, I suck again.

5 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

No, now its. 

8B174749-CBFF-4EFA-ADA0-F7E7129C7C85.jpeg

Alright guys we get it.

76x93r.jpg

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What exactly did he say that hinted?

I just listened and it’s pretty optimistic to think he hinted at him being out. It was typical coach speak. He said, “we have a pretty good feel for where this is going and we need to prepare.” “We can only control what we can control” etc etc. Maybe it tips a little into he’s not playing territory, but definitely not very convincing or anything I’d draw a conclusion from. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I just listened and it’s pretty optimistic to think he hinted at him being out. It was typical coach speak. He said, “we have a pretty good feel for where this is going and we need to prepare.” “We can only control what we can control” etc etc. Maybe it tips a little into he’s not playing territory, but definitely not very convincing or anything I’d draw a conclusion from. 

thanks. That is a bit more than he’d usually reveal. I’d guess Bridgewater plays, but he does have a broken finger on his throwing hand I think? Maybe it will be Skylar

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

McD press conference he hinted at he already knew what the QB situation was going to be.  My guess is in the inner circles of the coaches they know Tua is done for the year.  

How did you come to that conclusion based on what he said? I didn't hear that at all. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

How did you come to that conclusion based on what he said? I didn't hear that at all. 

I didnt even watch it and I know that mcdermott didnt say that lol

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Do you really still see Tre playing scared after yesterday's game? Seemed like a big step towards regaining his MOJO. 

It's impossible to overlook how grabby he's been, and how half-speed some of his cuts and changes of direction have looked on replays, but it's difficult to know if that's mental or physical, or both. 

Hopefully his trust in his knee took a giant leap forward yesterday. 

The refs have been ridiculously unfair with our superstar cornerback. For the most part, theyve been pretty terrible calls he may have deserved 1 or 2.

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope Brown and Beasley both start. Rotate Gabe, Isaiah and Shakir in

I hear you. Gabe and McKenzie certainly have disappointed this year. However, is Sunday the time to do something different like that? Seems pretty risky to me. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear you. Gabe and McKenzie certainly have disappointed this year. However, is Sunday the time to do something different like that? Seems pretty risky to me. 

Allen has trust and chemistry with Brown and Bease. Gabe has only been used 9% from the slot this year. If you want to scheme up playoff Gabe….put him in the slot

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Wouldn’t be something McD hasn’t done before actually. Member the 2019 playoff game against the Texans? And how heavily we featured Duke Williams? Now, that experiment didn’t really work, but we still should have won. 

I don’t know. It’s tough. We are frustrated about Davis and McKenzie because of drops. But Beasley had a significant drop on MNF against the Bengals. And I remember Smoke with some unfortunate drops in his last season with us. 

Who do you trust? And is any one of them that much more important than the next? 

It’s tough… but my top 2 would be Davis and Smoke.

With Davis, I would imagine his presence on the field would help Allen’s confidence in the playoffs. And perhaps, like Allen, he is one of those dudes that comes up big in the playoffs. 

As for Smoke, our offense is SO MUCH BETTER when Allen has the deep ball working for him and Smoke/Davis/Diggs all have that threat. 

I was tempted to take Beasley as one of my top 2, but we signed him to be the safety valve guy he used to be, yet he has played 3 game and received 1 target in each, so if we aren’t going to really use him to serve that purpose, then what’s the point?

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope Brown and Beasley both start. Rotate Gabe, Isaiah and Shakir in

I'm sure a bunch of us have at least entertained this idea.

Watching Gabe Davis, especially, absolutely BATTLING THE FOOTBALL at the catch point...I mean, what does Chad Hall do with his film in WR meetings? When he does get his hands extended, he's got them either opposite one another like a running back taking a handoff, or he's actually got them pointing towards the incoming pass?! or he's doing that clapping thing...it's baffling for an NFL WR to be so demonstrably flawed in his catching fundamentals week after week. 

The same guy who ripped the ball away from Minkah Fitzpatrick for a TD seems so lost right now. So maybe Smoke seeing a few more snaps makes sense.

One problem with a Diggs, Beasley, and Brown lineup is the lack of pre-snap horizontal threat, and Beasley's lack of post-snap vertical threat. Beasley and Brown don't seem like jet-sweep candidates these days, and Beasley being strictly limited to the slot (we can agree on this point, yes?) would take that alignment away from Diggs (or help the defense defend those looks...as Beas is not a threat on the boundary).

McKittrick's speed allows the offense to credibly threaten more of the field in more diverse ways. 

All the Bills really need is just ONE of the receivers not named Diggs to show up. I like Knox for that, but Davis or McKenzie would also work. Beasley can help keep the offense on schedule, but even he dropped an important 3rd down pass against Cinci (looked like his route took too long stabbing inside to get him where Josh expected him to be). 

This is rambling. Apologies.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

The refs have been ridiculously unfair with our superstar cornerback. For the most part, theyve been pretty terrible calls he may have deserved 1 or 2.

I disagree on this point. Tre is getting obvious handfuls of jersey since his return. It's kind of the refs when they DON'T flag him. 

Hopefully, as he gains confidence in his ability to cut and accelerate, he'll stop relying on his hands and get back to trusting his hips, knees, and feet. 

With damar hamlin injury and nfl focused on player safety there is absolutely zero chance they allow tua to take field. If they did, he would only get himself hurt again. Its in dolphins best interests to sit him and let him recover if they think he is their future.

Edited by BillsFan692

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I didnt even watch it and I know that mcdermott didnt say that lol

I agree.  I think a few of the actions he committed were subtle enough to overlook and the great CBs often get away with it.  Many of the best cornerbacks are the best cheaters. They know how to do just enough to disturb the play but not get flagged. 

41 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

With damar hamlin injury and nfl focused on player safety there is absolutely zero chance they allow tua to take field. If they did, he would only get himself hurt again. Its in dolphins best interests to sit him and let him recover if they think he is their future.

Seems like a really risky proposition with their offensive line banged up.  Armstead may be playing hurt or miss the game, Brandon shell will probably miss the game.  If armstead and shell can’t go they’ll be starting Greg little who is absolutely horrendous and Robert jones. I don’t think I’d even put a healthy qb behind those guys lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.