-Josh Allen Elbow injury at Jets

-Josh Allen fumble in end zone vs Vikings

-Win 3 straight road games in 12 days in November due to snow storm

-Von Miller goes on IR

-Snow storm in Chicago

-Buffalo blizzard on Christmas

-Damar Hamlin 

-John Murphy has a stroke

The hits keep on coming but the city of good neighbors keeps on keeping on. Just like Von Miller says “Don’t blink.”

The last 2 years I was optimistic and hopeful that we would win the Super Bowl. When we lost to KC this past year I was in denial and have been since then. How could we lose to KC when Diggs had that picturesque moment when he was standing and watching the chiefs celebrate? I was for sure there would be revenge. But I finally understand that the 13 seconds loss was just our first building block of adversity. 

This year is different. I just have that feeling in my heart that it’s our year. I haven’t felt that in 23 years as a bills fan. It just feels different. We will be overcoming more adversity before we win the Super Bowl this season. If you thought 13 seconds was dramatic, wait till you see how the Bills win the Lombardi. They’re not going to make it easy and it’s going to be in the most heroic fashion, erasing years of heartache, disappointment and grief.  The writing is on the wall. 

Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I get what you’re saying, but personally would omit the 20-3 deficit and fumble, which were both self-imposed. Heck I guess that includes 13 seconds. 

Also would add the recent fire that took the lives of 5 children given how tragic and how close in time it was to all the recent events. Praying for those families.

No team, staff, organization, fanbase, or region deserves this more. And yes I am very very biased!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

McDermott deserves Coach of the Year to guide this team through such adversity. So much of it is beyond normal football stuff.

I think McDermott is a great coach, but why does he get credit/votes for John Murphy having a stroke or some racist shooting up Tops? It snowed in Chicago a couple days before our game, why is that a feather in McD's cap?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, klos63 said:

I think McDermott is a great coach, but why does he get credit/votes for John Murphy having a stroke or some racist shooting up Tops? It snowed in Chicago a couple days before our game, why is that a feather in McD's cap?

McDermott is not getting props for someone having a stroke, snowstorms, a racist shooting or a player being brought back to life on the playing field. Any credit that he gets will be for guiding his team through trying times which include not only the aforementioned but other challenges. 

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

McDermott is not getting props for someone having a stroke, snowstorms, a racist shooting or a player being brought back to life on the playing field. Any credit that he gets will be for guiding his team through trying times which include not only the aforementioned but other challenges. 

Come on, I know everyone in the community cares about the victims in the Tops shooting, but why single out McDermott for national recognition.  Every business in the city then did the same thing, right. Should every business owner be lauded for getting through that incident?  Should Granato also get coach of the year? Do we compare what happened in other cities for other coaches? I mean, how many cities don't have mass shootings?

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Come on, I know everyone in the community cares about the victims in the Tops shooting, but why single out McDermott for national recognition.  Every business in the city then did the same thing, right. Should every business owner be lauded for getting through that incident?  Should Granato also get coach of the year? Do we compare what happened in other cities for other coaches? I mean, how many cities don't have mass shootings?

McDermott would be singled out for guiding his team through many instances of adversity, not just the one you are cherry picking here. You are shortcutting your argument to the extent that you are causing that argument to be less than what it could be. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

McDermott would be singled out for guiding his team through many instances of adversity, not just the one you are cherry picking here. You are shortcutting your argument to the extent that you are causing that argument to be less than what it could be. 

I guess my point is, why?  Why is the Top shooting a Bills adversity? What has he done that warrants COY after Murphy's stroke?  Do we take into account other cities tough times in determining if their coach should win the award. The Steelers delivered toys today to Hamlins charity in Pitt, does Tomlin get COY votes for that?

17 hours ago, KHAN said:

Complete absence of Kim Pagula.

maybe the correct spelling of her name made you not recognize it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.