Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Lost said:

I think the entire team should wear Hamlin jerseys for practice the rest of the week.

😏

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Waiting on info for what today’s schedule  holds. Assuming a normal Wednesday practice and McDermott press conference. 

edit: walk through. No media.

Thank you, @YoloinOhio for trying to get us back on track.

3 hours ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

I honestly do not think there should be any media availability this week for the Bills. Let them deal and grieve peacefully without a billion stupid media questions. "How do you feel after watching what happened to Damar"? Really??? You know it will happen. We have a game to play and i do not expect many of the Bills heads to be in the game and i do not blame them. What happen for that happens and I as a fan am totally ok with that. Never thought i would get to that point being the man who destroyed a new Razor over the first Jets game. My thoughts and prayers are with Damar's family and the Buffalo Bill's family.

You can count on Jerry ‘Slimiven’ to inquire.😡🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, balln said:

From the limited time game play. Cincy was going to blow our doors off .

and now - we’ll have a 3rd string fs. Who knows about our cb3/LB3 starter 

I'm going to ask you nicely to take your opinions about the Bengals game somewhere else.

This thread is about the Patriots game.

Bills fans have had more than enough trauma over that game without it being rehashed with opinions that serve no purpose.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Not sure what you mean, not important. It’s a huge game and a must win!! Let’s go Bills!!

The games are not as important as Hamlin's health but I agree, these games are still important.  Not only for the fans but even more for the players. These players have their lives and careers invested in this as well and a tragedy does not mean its not important anymore. For most fans football is just a game, entertainment. For these players, coaches, people who work at the stadium, etc. it's their livelihood. 

6 minutes ago, dakrider said:

The games are not as important as Hamlin's health but I agree, these games are still important.  Not only for the fans but even more for the players. These players have their lives and careers invested in this as well and a tragedy does not mean its not important anymore. For most fans football is just a game, entertainment. For these players, coaches, people who work at the stadium, etc. it's their livelihood. 

This is the patriots game thread… 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Waiting on info for what today’s schedule  holds. Assuming a normal Wednesday practice and McDermott press conference. 

edit: walk through. No media.

Walkthrough and meetings.  And I wouldn't be surprised if the first meeting was to decide what they as a team wanted to do for this weeks game in terms of playing or forfeiting it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kiva said:

This is the patriots game thread… 

Yes I agree. I emphasizing that this game, and the playoff games are all still important and worth talking about.  
Now as far as the Patriots go, they don't have a high scoring offense so I see the Bills running a more conservative offense against them, which includes more running the ball than usual.  And obviously the Pats will try to exploit bills cornerbacks if they can. 

1 hour ago, balln said:

From the limited time game play. Cincy was going to blow our doors off .

and now - we’ll have a 3rd string fs. Who knows about our cb3/LB3 starter 

As every GDT can confirm, in every single game, there’s a portion of time where it looks like one side is literally unstoppable. 

Then they are stopped. Sometimes it takes them a quarter to get back in rhythm. 

They were at home against the golden boys, ready for playoff football and they were FIRED UP. They even wanted the ball 1st!

We were in the middle of taking their best punch when DH went down. 

While of course it’s possible, I doubt the entire game would’ve had the same energy and 1-sided momentum as the 1st 1/2 of the 1st 1/4 (1st 1/8?? 😅)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeDrip said:

In the end I have faith Sean McDermott will do whatever is best for his players and staff - that includes seeing to their mental health. It’s clear he is always extra cautious when it comes to injuries and I think he cares very deeply for his players as people first and players second. 

Whatever that means for Sunday, none of us can speculate. 

Im new to posting here, but have been lurking for a long while, and I'd say that about 99% of posts in every thread in this forum are speculation and/or opinion.

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

Yes I agree. I emphasizing that this game, and the playoff games are all still important and worth talking about.  
Now as far as the Patriots go, they don't have a high scoring offense so I see the Bills running a more conservative offense against them, which includes more running the ball than usual.  And obviously the Pats will try to exploit bills cornerbacks if they can. 

The Bills players and coaches know the Pats* so not having to do a lot of film study like they would have to do if it was some NFC

team is probably a good thing.  I'm sure the coaches are putting together the game plan and hopefully with some good news in the

days to come the players can pick it up quickly.

I'm assuming the game will be played and to me it will be all about emotions more than the gameplan.  That being said, a good dose

of successful running would be a huge plus.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had a feeling that it "may" come down to this. I was challenged  (not in a bad way) if I thought the team would rally and play for Hamlin. I think what is going on is the teams is rallying around each other for and as a result of Hamlin. Not that it matters what I do, but I'm good with what the team is good with. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I had a feeling that it "may" come down to this. I was challenged  (not in a bad way) if I thought the team would rally and play for Hamlin. I think what is going on is the teams is rallying around each other for and as a result of Hamlin. Not that it matters what I do, but I'm good with what the team is good with. 

I think the league will lean heavily on the response of the Bills players and coaches in deciding when this game gets played. There’s the rule book, but it kind of goes out the window in an unprecedented situation like this. They’re making decisions on the fly and I applaud the NFL for doing so. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think the league will lean heavily on the response of the Bills players and coaches in deciding when this game gets played. There’s the rule book, but it kind of goes out the window in an unprecedented situation like this. They’re making decisions on the fly and I applaud the NFL for doing so. 

I totally agree. Other than those who will find flaws in everything, I think we will look back and find that so many people really did all they could to take care of each other here. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.