Buffalo airport closed until Monday AM...Christmas in Chicago for the Bills?

Process

8 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

What about the Buffalo airport being closed don’t you get?

Obviously the buffalo airport is closed. My point is I think it is highly unlikely they drive from Rochester to Buffalo today. By the time they will be able to drive in by bus, the airport is very much most likely going to be open.

So to me the choice is fly to Rochester, get stuck there, and ultimately fly to Buffalo Monday or just stay in Chicago and fly into Buffalo Monday.

Edited by HardyBoy

46 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Obviously the buffalo airport is closed. My point is I think it is highly unlikely they drive from Rochester to Buffalo today. By the time they will be able to drive in by bus, the airport is very much most likely going to be open.

So to me the choice is fly to Rochester, get stuck there, and ultimately fly to Buffalo Monday or just stay in Chicago and fly into Buffalo Monday.

Freezing Steve Martin GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I don't know why they refuse to use Rochester/ Syracuse/ Niagara Falls (still open?) airports.

I'm in Greece NY a suburb north of Rochester on Lake Ontario. We have literally 0 weather right now.

It was really bad yesterday and up till around noon. There is some light wind and most of the burbs got 1-3 inches of snow and it's not even blowing.

I have made it form my house to Orchard Park in 45 minutes.

Let me know how that works with the Thruway closed, travel ban in Erie County, and drifts all over the place in Orchard Park.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Let me know how that works with the Thruway closed, travel ban in Erie County, and drifts all over the place in Orchard Park.

The thruway is closed for us common folk is my only guess on what could happen for the Bills. 

I know there a many exceptions to travel bans in most cases - I can travel any time, fwiw. Health care workers, and people returning from work may travel in all cases I've ever known. 

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

The thruway is closed for us common folk is my only guess on what could happen for the Bills. 

I know there a many exceptions to travel bans in most cases - I can travel any time, fwiw. Health care workers, and people returning from work may travel in all cases I've ever known. 

Can legally travel, and can safely/feasibly travel are two different things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

For you and I, the thruway is closed. For the Bills? I’m guessing it miraculously “reopens”

with squirrel Winter leading the  charge.........

lol your thought reads very visually funny. But would they really open the NYS Thruway for Team busses?

But with a travel ban in place? Naw. No way.

Edited by muppy

Just now, Beck Water said:

Can legally travel, and can safely/feasibly travel are two different things.

I think the DOT finds a way to safely allow them to legally travel home. Of course it's a Sunday and it's NY so finding Union workers to work sextuple pay on a holiday emergency rate will be super hard. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

There is no way anyone flies from Rochester to Buffalo. C'mon man.

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

For you and I, the thruway is closed. For the Bills? I’m guessing it miraculously “reopens”

Tim Graham...is that you??

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is no way anyone flies from Rochester to Buffalo. C'mon man.

I know, that's what I'm saying. I don't think a nfl team's insurance company is signing off on them driving into Buffalo before it is safe to do so. I think once it's safe to do so it will also be safe to fly into the airports.

The Buffalo airport announced they will be closed until Tuesday at 11:00am.  I don't think we've ever seen the airport closed that long?  Especially during the super busy holiday season.  When you consider that Rochester airport has remained open the whole time it really drives home the uniqueness of Lake effect snow off Lake Erie and how localized it is.

Edited by zow2

44 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Came for the current info on team travel.

Stayed for the personal insults and racial slurs.

Bravo. And Merry Christmas.

Seriously.

It's amazing how much I actually care about Bills players getting home for at least part of Christmas but I do. Nice to have a team where you like the people.

Seriously. Any updates?

Merry Christmas everyone!

3 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Concerned.
Has anyone gone out to the Buffalo airport to check on the 4 or 5 drunk Polacks waiting there to greet the Bills to congratulate them on the division  championship? 

FABULOUS! 😂🤪👍🎉✔️🍾🇺🇸🏈

Merry Christmas to you and the Bills!

2twogo!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.