NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

YouTube TV has fantastic quality and a great interface. I suppose I'll sign up again next year or maybe mooch off a buddy's account.

My biggest complaint about YTV was the price, as I'm not somebody who really watches any TV other than sports.

Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for DirecTV. Terrible, terrible company that has survived largely in part due to their Sunday Ticket ownership.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

YouTube TV has fantastic quality and a great interface. I suppose I'll sign up again next year or maybe mooch off a buddy's account.

My biggest complaint about YTV was the price, as I'm not somebody who really watches any TV other than sports.

Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for DirecTV. Terrible, terrible company that has survived largely in part due to their Sunday Ticket ownership.

Well said Dick

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 1st&Goal said:

New Era, are you able to get your local channels, using YouTubeTV?

Thanks!

Yeah, I get pretty much every channel I had with my cable company (Cox in Vegas) plus a lot more regional fox sports channels and more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

NFL Reddit Streams

Hahaha. Yeah, this is what I've been using for the games that have been blacked out this year. I just google exactly what you said, it's usually the first link that comes up. Select a stream, close out of the popups, and you're usually good to go.

I watched all of the World Cup this way as well. Maybe one day the NFL will make it truly accessible and affordable to watch games on demand. Until then, I have no qualms about finding back channels to watch what I want.

Horrible news. The picture from these streaming services is horrid. The pictures are a bit blurry, and seem jumpy and skittish at times. I'm watching TNF on Prime currently, and the live video has poor quality. I have OLED, a good connection. I notice the same thing when I visit folks, or go to sports bars. Live streaming content sucks... Period.     

3 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

So does directv satellite.  It's annoying being on the phone with someone with cable tv during games because they are always 15 seconds ahead of my broadcast.

Yeah I got the "you've gotta to be f ing kidding me" text on the Vikings goal line fumble seconds before I saw it live. I was thinking safety, but nope, no such luck.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 1st&Goal said:

New Era, are you able to get your local channels, using YouTubeTV?

Thanks!

I do in Orlando Fl…

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

Horrible news. The picture from these streaming services is horrid. The pictures are a bit blurry, and seem jumpy and skittish at times. I'm watching TNF on Prime currently, and the live video has poor quality. I have OLED, a good connection. I notice the same thing when I visit folks, or go to sports bars. Live streaming content sucks... Period.     

Not at all on Youtube tv, prime’s quality was bad

Edited by Meatloaf63

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

It only has value if you are out of your teams market or if you are a super die hard.

My thing is SNF, MNF, TNF, Redzone and Bills games. I have yet to find a reasonable tv package that includes the majority of those that doesn't cost as much as cable (without the contract committment). I did free trials last year to get me through but this year I said ***** it and got SlingTV for like $65. The quality was garbage. So I dumped them for Hulu+ Live TV for like $75.

Assuming Sunday Ticket doesn't even include SNF and of course not MNF and TNF, I may be stuck with the same next year.

Amazon - TNF (Have Amazon Prime by default)

Hulu+ Live TV - Redzone / Fox / CBS / NBC / ESPN to cover all Bills games and SNF and MNF

Some bonus for SNF and Bills games on CBS are only $5 a month

Paramount+ - Gives you CBS games

Peacock - Gives you NBC games

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.