Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Just reading the tea leaves on the NWS Buffalo forecast this weekend.

Temps in the teens + 70 mph wind gusts + a foot of snow = disaster.

Be prepared.

Where exactly are you seeing 70 mph winds???   * Edit I see the post above.  Ugh 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm more worried about Soldier Field. It's almost as bad as Ford Field as far as injuries are concerned. Hopefully everyone comes out of the game healthy. I'd probably sit Phillips and save him for Cincy. Let Basham play the interior

He's injured too

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

“Impossible” that’s a good one

I’ll just drop it. You can be happy with the explanation that it was “impossible” to play a football game in Orchard Park, NY where they’ve been playing football games for over 50 years

How many times did they get 6-7 feet of snow?  Want to know the answer? Twice.  In 2014 and 2022.  Guess what happened both times?  The game got moved.  Get a clue.

Funnily enough coming from someone in Amherst where they don't get lake snow very often and usually escape with a few inches while many places get a few feet. How rich...got opinions on how to deal with it when he never has to deal with it.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

Maybe a bus trip to Rochester, then out.

This is not a Lake Effect snowstorm initially, this is a widescale synoptic snowstorm affecting a huge part of the country.  Conditions in Rochester won't be any better. We do actually get large scale systems that bring heavy snow, not just lake storms ya know. We would probably need to drive a lot farther than would make sense to try and outrun it.

The lake snows don't kick in until later Friday night and into Saturday and initially guidance has them effecting the Northtowns first(230-240 degrees) before dropping into the Buffalo metro area Saturday.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.