Just an honest question on the game outcome

Italian Bills

Hi fellas. 

I would like to ask you this: 

have you been a little disappointed that we didn’t destroyed Miami like maybe everybody was thinking this past week ? 

I mean, obviously it was a great, huge, fundamental win for our season, in a comeback way… but the fact that in this kind of weather we won just at the last second, it was a little irritating or not at all ? 

Winning at the last second it’s always a pleasure, especially against the hated fish, but burning them in a blowout would have been a strong signal also, to the entire League. 

Don’t you think ? What’s your take ? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The Dolphins are talented. They have top ten picks all over their roster and a guy who is running Shanahhan’s offense. The beat us in a lot of the one on one situations, but that is not how you win a championship.  

I take issue with the boneheaded mistakes that happen too often this season to our Bills. But as long as we have Josh, we have a shot. 

I am glad the game was close. The Bills have to continue to prove that we can win these close games. If the game against the Bears is close, I will be concerned. 

• Like (+1) 3

A couple of weeks ago, the D was 'lights out'. This week, the lights were on, but nobody was home.

STs made a pig's ear of a number of things, giving us crap field position, a lot.

Injuries to the O-Line, didn't help, and were made worse when Morse had to go off.

We dropped (again), a number of very catchable footballs, that would have given us good extra downs and distance.

It was probably complimentary football at its worst, until the 4th quarter.

What I mean by that, is that for much of the first 3 quarters, whenever one unit made a play of two, it was followed up by the next one messing up.

Undoubtedly the 'Phins came to play, and played hard, but one of the things that stands out to me generally, is that we do a better job of beating ourselves, than other teams often do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

We have 11 wins.  If you look at the current AFC playoff picture, we have beaten almost every single team on it and will get our chance against Cinci in two weeks.  If you look at the NFC playoff picture, we have a 2 point loss to the #2 seed and have beaten this lava hot Detroit team, on the road, in the middle of their rise.  

We have played a daunting schedule and are 11-3.  I don't care by how many points, we are beating quality teams weekly.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We squished the fish.  I’m very happy.  The Miami DL is among the best in the league.  Our OL, without Morse and Bates, is among the worst.  Josh played a helluva game-  

I was disappointed in our defensive performance but McDaniels is a great play caller and we got beat by the 2 fastest WRs in the league and one of the fastest RB. 

our 3rd quarter performance on O was plagued by drops and poor OL play…..

yet 17 was 17 and played a helluva game.  Slowly rounding into form come playoffs

It was a great win and that can’t be understated

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

11-3, but disjointed.  

Right now a team that is definitely a Super Bowl Contender but not one that strikes fear like they did in 2020 and 2021.

The only thing the opposition is worried about is Josh Allen.

Agreed but Allen is a massive thing to be worried about

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

Agreed but Allen is a massive thing to be worried about

This is true.

I don't want to put any sort of bad juju on him, but it looked to me as though his arm was back to firing on all cylinders - especially later on in the game.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

have you been a little disappointed that we didn’t destroyed Miami like maybe everybody was thinking this past week ? 

I mean, obviously it was a great, huge, fundamental win for our season, in a comeback way… but the fact that in this kind of weather we won just at the last second, it was a little irritating or not at all ? 

Winning at the last second it’s always a pleasure, especially against the hated fish, but burning them in a blowout would have been a strong signal also, to the entire League. 

To be a champion you have to win games this way. Rolling teams is fun but you also have to win when you get punched in the mouth. Not to fold in a staredown

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

I think that coming from behind, dominating the 4th quarter, keeping them off the field, and just winning the game is the best way to deflate their team and their weak-minded fan base.  

The weather was not a factor all day.  It was even more dramatic and fun to see us dominate once the snow started to fall.  The snow globe celebration scene was a perfect ending

• Thank you (+1) 1

Miami is a legit team.  We have the best player on the field, but Miami probably has 3-4 of the top five and 12-14 of the top 20.  Kind of like Bills-Chiefs back in 2020. 

Sure it would have been fun to blow them out, but I'll take a six-minute drive that ends the game with a walk-off FG.  Winning that way was fun too.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

This is a feisty team with the nastiest , most physically talented QB, the NFL has ever seen. We’re not a great team on both sides of the ball. We have injuries, rookies playing in the secondary and an O- line playing with journeyman at 3 positions after Morse went down. The good news is that the core players find a way to win and McDermott steadies the ship when we face adversity. Dorsey is a work in progress , but he leans on Josh to make up for short comings in protections and a conventional running attack. The long drives that helped us win yesterday, featured Josh’s full repertoire of running and finding crossers against a highly motivated, rugged defense. This is the way we win. As we go forward look for close games that come down to a few plays by our star core players. It’s not perfect but there is not one team that would be more equipped to wi it all.

• Like (+1) 2

So you are saying that the distance between the two teams is not so big after all ? 

Could they become a problem for the Division in the next years ? 

What i think is that with a better OL and run game, we could be unstoppable, to everyone, while they could not improve the QB position, Tue is an average player, Josh is elite. 

We will always get a team's best effort each week. Receiver's seem to make catches against us that are weekly highlight reels. Quarterbacks have their best games against us. Watch them any other week and it's like, "Wow, I wish they would have played like that against us".  We have that target on our team. This has to help prep us for the playoffs. The other issue is that we make mistakes that end up keeping these games closer than they should be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.