Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

On 12/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, Beck Water said:

And I'd love to see it, just as I'd love to see Cook being more reliable and used more often.

But he's still not a slot receiver, and using him properly would not mean "use him as a slot receiver", even if he would be lining up wide and running a route from time to time.

I agree, our offense was good against Cleveland.  But to the point of the OP you're responding to: we were good against Cleveland by changing it up - running an unusual (for us) number of 2 TE and 2 back personnel packages.  We actually rushed more times than we passed - 33 rushes, 27 passing attempts - and only 3 of the rush attempts were Josh Allen.  Singletary and Cook both had 86 yards.

I don't think our offense has been inept, or we wouldn't be winning games.  But it hasn't been the same as it was earlier in the season, either.

He doesn't have to be a slot WR per SE, he could and should add to the passing game out of the backfield or split wide like James White used to for NE in the Brady years and was a huge weapon for them. Adding to the passing game in any way is a plus for Allen and our RBs five him more options 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He doesn't have to be a slot WR per SE, he could and should add to the passing game out of the backfield or split wide like James White used to for NE in the Brady years and was a huge weapon for them. Adding to the passing game in any way is a plus for Allen and our RBs five him more options 

It's gonna happen. His workload is increasing and the playbook will open up over time.

Catching the ball was his forte in college and they didn't draft him for fourth-and-inches.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:34 PM, Beck Water said:

However much basketball he's been playing, he hasn't been playing football, running routes at game-speed and getting hit.  If he tries to do too much, like Xavier Rhodes, the Bills risk him pulling a hammy and going on PS IR for 4 weeks.

He got 11 snaps, 14%, which is actually about what I thought he'd get (I was guessing 8-10).

We could use him "busting loose" but whether he's got any "busting loose" left in him, can't tell you.  I'd settle for a few critical "get open and catch the ball" and if he lights a fire under McKenzie and Shakir that's good too.

They need to involve Cook as a slot receiver.  This guy could be deadly down the stretch and in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

On 12/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, Malazan said:

He is? I guess I missed it. He's generally been well spoken. He just succumbed to getting involved in an argument on the internet which has made many well spoken people look dumb regardless of their position. 

Agree. Don't gaslight us on the Bease.

If Beas were to play three out of these four games I’ve changed my mind on it.  Before I wanted him playing against Miami, Cincy and New England.  

I now kind of want him for this game against Chicago where it appears it will be a short yardage get what you can game,  He can sit for New England, which surprisingly might be the best conditions for this team in awhile at home even though it is January.

30 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If Beas were to play three out of these four games I’ve changed my mind on it.  Before I wanted him playing against Miami, Cincy and New England.  

I now kind of want him for this game against Chicago where it appears it will be a short yardage get what you can game,  He can sit for New England, which surprisingly might be the best conditions for this team in awhile at home even though it is January.

I was thinking if any game Bease sits, it may be Cincy. Just thinking if for some reason it turns into a shootout, maybe they'll want Browns speed and deeper route ability. 🤔 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I was thinking if any game Bease sits, it may be Cincy. Just thinking if for some reason it turns into a shootout, maybe they'll want Browns speed and deeper route ability. 🤔 

Interesting, LB.  Didn’t think about it that way.

My thought was if he is something you need and gives you any sort of advantage in moving the ball in what may come down to being the most important game of the season, play him.  However, I do get your logic.  That seems sound.

I am NOT looking past the Bears, but man, I am already uncomfortably thinking about the Bengals.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Interesting, LB.  Didn’t think about it that way.

My thought was if he is something you need and gives you any sort of advantage in moving the ball in what may come down to being the most important game of the season, play him.  However, I do get your logic.  That seems sound.

I am NOT looking past the Bears, but man, I am already uncomfortably thinking about the Bengals.

Definitely not looking past the Bears and I sure hope the team isn't either. I think the Bears and Pat's games will be the short passing, quick game that fits Beasley perfectly. Then gives him at least a week to get ready for the playoffs.

Here's my (probably way off thoughts) about Cincy when we get there. I have a feeling that we have been holding back on some offensive plays against some of the teams we have played. Kind of cat and mouse. Just showing enough but pushing a little when needed to get the win. Playing to your competition type thing. Hence forth the close games. BUT, when we get to the Cincy game, all HELL will break loose and we really see a Dorsey game.😁. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!🤣🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.