Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

58 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Von posted an upbeat, positive video about being back next year.

Beane said he expects him back for most of next year.  Also will be back with team this year off the field and rehab in Buffalo.  

Obviously we can conclude … injury settlement. 

And career over obviously too

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Question for anyone in the know..

Given Von seems like a physical freak that loves football:

If Von truly does want to try an play out the six year deal, should both sides agree on it after the guaranteed money is done - would an ACL surgery like he just had, followed by a presumed calendar year off be better for his long term prospects than say, shaving off some of the meniscus if they had to clean it up to come back this year?

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

Super Bowl aspirations are still there but it'll require more of one person in particular - Frazier. 

It's not that any one man can get Buffalo into the SB, but Leslie Frazier isn't going to do what he drew up to beat KC with anyone on this team but Von Miller. 

I'm afraid that when that crunch time inevitably arrives again, he'll get conservative and give Kansas City/Cincy/ what it expects he'll do.  

I bet he’s watched film of the last CIN-KC game to study how Cinci neutralized Kelce

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

What happened to the MRI showing it wasn’t his ACL?!?

MRI isn’t %100. I had one one my shoulder that showed slight rotator cuff tear, when the surgeon got in there two tendons were %90 torm plust torn labrum and biceps tendon nearly ruptured. And that was with contrast dye. Fwiw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

I didn’t know the cadaver was extra! We went with hamstring because a cadaver graft is radiated to try to kill anything the donor might have had. This, as I recall per the Doc, weakens it to a small degree and also cannot 100% guarantee it’s clean. The patella we were warned could take a perfectly good body part and mess with it to a point you won’t like it long term.  I guess you are one of the unlucky ones, sorry.  The hamstring causes the fewest long term lingering issues, and it’s yours. No need to worry about what you just put inside your body. 

That's why I don't grind up all of my cadavers and put them in the freezer.  It's good keep a couple of them intact in case of medical emergency.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

That's why I don't grind up all of my cadavers and put them in the freezer.  It's good keep a couple of them intact in case of medical emergency.

And the rest goes to chili and other winter stews, I’m guessing? 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means 

IDK, we fans are a pretty entitled bunch! WE PAY HIS SALARY! I want my money back! 

Some attorney somewhere will take that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For all you Miller contract doomsdayers out in force in this thread, I have a question:

where were all of you expressing such concern after Von was signed and for the entirety of this season before the Thanksgiving game?

Injuries happen. They don’t suddenly make a contract bad. This is Monday morning quarterbacking at its finest and is typical of some on this board.

• Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.