A few observations from the opposing team fam

PatsFanNH

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Hey, Mac Jones ran for like 100 yards at least behind the LOS. 

Honestly, I didn't think this was even a great game by our defense. They simply weren't challenged at all by the Pats offense. If Greg Cossell says the Bills offense lacks elite players or whatever, good God what does he think of the Patriots offense?

For the Bills offense, it was nice that we found our running game but it still seems like the only thing that can stop the Bills offense is the Bills. Allen had the fumble and Diggs had an uncharacteristic drop on 3rd down 

And this is an offense that put up almost 500 yards on the Vikings the week before 😂

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mac Jones on the sidelines yelling at Patricia was priceless!

Lol I felt he was channeling his inner Brady. I think Brady would audible out of every play call that man sends in.. he is so BAAAD and then tell him take the head set off and he has it from here. Oh speaking of Brady the rumor here is he may come back and help mentor young Jones for a year.. lol

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol I felt he was channeling his inner Brady. I think Brady would audible out of every play call that man sends in.. he is so BAAAD and then tell him take the head set off and he has it from here. Oh speaking of Brady the rumor here is he may come back and help mentor young Jones for a year.. lol

Hahahaha...mentoring will never inject talent into the man...he doesn't need a mentor.  He needs more talent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here's my thing.....first of all, this was a potential TD catch.  The Bills are trying to keep the Patriots out of the end zone, and IMO Hamlin was simply trying to prevent that the best(and probably only) way he knew how.  He DIDN'T lead with his helmet.  Yes, his shoulder did make contact with the receivers head, but he also ducked into the hit.  This is a guy going full speed.  To ask him to slow it down is just pure ludicrous.  Also, Hamlin has never been labeled a dirty player. Yes, he is a physical player, but that's one of his best attributes.  It's plays like that that are watering down the authenticity of the game if you ask me.  Personally, I don't think the hit warranted a flag, BUT, I can see why it was thrown. However, disqualifying him was flat out WRONG.  Again, I go back to the point that this was a potential touchdown catch, FFS you're supposed to separate the receiver from the football.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

First a good win by Buffalo. So here are my observations:

3. Bills secondary was flying around tonight and just didn’t give the receivers much room work at all.

5. that personal foul at the end of the game seemed kind of silly to do. I know it’s football, but the game is over no need try lay the stick down on someone. 

5. Both O lines looked bad and a TON of holding calls just ignored on both sides. God what a difference a mobile QB makes.

Good luck guys and please don’t lose the division to anyone else especially not the dang JETS!

3) So I've been down on Edmunds many times, but when he does his job vs. the run like last night, it frees up that whole backfield. White & Poyer are key. But frankly, it seems like NE abandoned the run which might have done in the Bills late in the game if they had stuck to their guns.

5a) When a receiver dives, it's really tough on defenders. The call made sense, the hit was just a typical bang-bang on a guy who's diving, judging those angles can be tricky.

5b) The sooner one realizes that the league tells officials when to find things to call, the sooner you understand that there's a reason they wanted to get those big sponsorship bucks from the gambling huts.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Hahahaha...mentoring will never inject talent into the man...he doesn't need a mentor.  He needs more talent.

Pats fans are delusional, they are trying to find some characteristic of Jones that reminds them of Brady. Tom Brady yelling at a coach is a lot different from a second-year player who has proven next to nothing. Anyone watching that game knows that play design and play calling isn't great, but neither is Jones. Glad they won 6 games and will win 2-3 more, as Whaley once said, "that keeps you in purgatory for drafting a QB". Honestly, until Belichick retires, they have zero chance of being relevant in the SB conversation. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The hatred for the Jets is a personal thing for me. I have hated them since I was a kid. Let’s just say their fans in the 80’s and 90’s were the biggest butt heads I had to deal with in the old Sullivan Stadium.  i have never seen such arrogant fans in my life whose team stunk! I want their misery to last forever.  

I never have had an issue with Bills fans. You guys were always awesome even when we truly SUCKED! You were fun to tailgate with and even when you were at your peak you were not jerks and for myself I enjoyed the Bills v Pats game even when we get destroyed.

dolphins Fans were ok as well. Although the way they talked about Marino I expected him to turn water into wine and walk on water lol.  They were arrogant bandwagon Pats fans of their day without being anywhere near as good.  So how can I hate them? Lol

Fair enough about the Jets, I guess I didn’t think about the fans and how they act (never been to a game against them). For Dolphins I can totally see that and also experienced the Marino talk! All in all most teams have good people/fans and their bad as well. 
personally my despise is for the Dolphins, always has been probably due to Brian Cox and the Marino/Kelly battles. 
Being dominated by the Pats for 20 years was a new kind of misery lol. 

Mac Jones ain’t the guy no matter who the coach is. I like RS, Meyers, and your defense. But you have by far the least talented team in the division. Great run by you guys but it reminds so much about the Bills after Kelly retired.

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But he won and was good at Alabama!!!! Do you know hard it is to win at Bama with their lack of talent???

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Pats fans are delusional, they trying to find some characteristic of Jones that reminds them of Brady. Tom Brady yelling at a coach is a lot different from a second-year player who has proven next to nothing. Anyone watching that game knows that play design and play calling isn't great, but neither is Jones. Glad they won 6 games and will win 2-3 more, as Whaley once said, "that keeps you in purgatory for drafting a QB". Honestly, until Belichick retires, they have zero chance of being relevant in the SB conversation. 

I mean...he made the Pro Bowl as like the 10th alternate... 😂

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Pats fans are delusional, they trying to find some characteristic of Jones that reminds them of Brady. Tom Brady yelling at a coach is a lot different from a second-year player who has proven next to nothing. Anyone watching that game knows that play design and play calling isn't great, but neither is Jones. Glad they won 6 games and will win 2-3 more, as Whaley once said, "that keeps you in purgatory for drafting a QB". Honestly, until Belichick retires, they have zero chance of being relevant in the SB conversation. 

You do know I was being tongue in cheek with the Brady thing right?  First Brady would have gone ballistic on Patricia and thrown his headset into the stands and told him sit down and shut up and watch and learn..  Jones just showed his frustration, no time behind a banged up O line and WR who were not getting open on terribly designed plays.  Again I am reserving judgement on Jones till I see him with a true #1 WR. Look at every top QB this year they all have an amazing top WR or TWO.  What does Jones have?  

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

There is a reason I had a lot of free space in old Sullivan stadium lol. IMO People got interested in the Pats when the Krafts bought the team and actually cared about the product on the field. I do believe there has been a waiting list since 1996 for season tickets.  Sadly fans like myself can’t afford season tickets anymore so I get to maybe 1 game a year maybe 2. I was thinking traveling to Buffalo at the end of the year.. but Buffalo in January seems insane.. lol

I told my Pats*** bride last night that Jones and the current offense reminds me of the Hugh Millen days.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know I was being tongue in cheek with the Brady thing right?  First Brady would have gone ballistic on Patricia and thrown his headset into the stands and told him sit down and shut up and watch and learn..  Jones just showed his frustration, no time behind a banged up O line and WR who were not getting open on terribly designed plays.  Again I am reserving judgement on Jones till I see him with a true #1 WR. Look at every top QB this year they all have an amazing top WR or TWO.  What does Jones have?  

For your own sanity, stop making excuses. Jones has talent on offense. Your problem is Jones and Belichick. Belichick thinking Patricia was the answer for OC shows it is time for him to retire. 

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Rousseau

He was a monster.  He IS a monster.  

Everyone had their moments last night. Shaq, AJ, Basham, Daquan, Phillips, ED, settle.  I thought our pressure was good last night.  We may not have gotten sacks, but our defensive success rate was amazing last night after moving Macnchz off his spot.  

To the sack stat geeks:  Pressures and hurries aren’t as good as sacks, but they are extremely important and can wreck offenses and help win games.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

But does New England and BB have a plan for obtaining that #1 WR? Who is the free agent or trade target for the off-season? Or do they plan on drafting the next Moss, Jefferson or Chase? I agree that in today's NFL you have to give a QB that one elite pass catching threat. 

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Here's my thing.....first of all, this was a potential TD catch.  The Bills are trying to keep the Patriots out of the end zone, and IMO Hamlin was simply trying to prevent that the best(and probably only) way he knew how.  He DIDN'T lead with his helmet.  Yes, his shoulder did make contact with the receivers head, but he also ducked into the hit.  This is a guy going full speed.  To ask him to slow it down is just pure ludicrous.  Also, Hamlin has never been labeled a dirty player. Yes, he is a physical player, but that's one of his best attributes.  It's plays like that that are watering down the authenticity of the game if you ask me.  Personally, I don't think the hit warranted a flag, BUT, I can see why it was thrown. However, disqualifying him was flat out WRONG.  Again, I go back to the point that this was a potential touchdown catch, FFS you're supposed to separate the receiver from the football.  

It was the perfect breakup up in 1995-  can’t play it any better.  It’s a different game now, so I figured the flag was coming.  Helluva play Demar

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Does “defenseless” translate to “trying to catch the ball”? I honestly don’t know with these calls. I get the head-hunting hits that Ronnie Lott used to dish out, but bang bang plays like that where the DB is trying to jar the football loose should never be a personal foul if it’s not helmet to helmet.

My thoughts exactly. If he has already caught the ball, how in the hell is he defenseless? Hamlin was just trying to knock the ball out. Makes no sense. It was a fantastic play by Damar. 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

But does New England and BB have a plan for obtaining that #1 WR? Who is the free agent or trade target for the off-season? Or do they plan on drafting the next Moss, Jefferson or Chase? I agree that in today's NFL you have to give a QB that one elite pass catching threat. 

That’s the million dollar question. They have some great #2’s and 3 receivers (Parker, Meyers) I don’t know enough about College know who a good top WR would be. As for FA depends on who is truly available.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Add

• A weight problem

Lmao that was last year. He got rather ripped in the off season.. he was primed make a decent jump with any semblance of a cohesive O plan in place.  (Just because he is primed doesn’t mean he would but he had everything set up that way.)  then they trade their top Guard, Wynn goes backward (which I didn’t think possible) and Savage is just that on the O line, add in Brown looks old now and we’ll it’s a death trap behind that line. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s awful! Doesn’t help we had a practice squad player starting at RT. I think he did ok, IMO the play calling was beyond awful!  Way way too many screens.  This year is toast for my Pats I am hoping for Bill O’Brian for next year.

Are you hoping the Pats are bad for the next 10 years?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.