A few observations from the opposing team fam

PatsFanNH

17 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Same thing happened in the 9ers chargers game and player was ejected after NY interviened 

A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act. This includes illegal contact that may occur during the process of attempting to dislodge the ball from an opponent. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against a defenseless opponent, even if the opponent is an airborne player who is returning to the ground or whose body position is otherwise in motion, and irrespective of any acts by the defenseless opponent, such as ducking his head or curling up his body in anticipation of contact.

Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant.

It was not flagrant and he should not have been disqualified.

And one of the Chiefs DB launched into the ball while McKenzie was in the air, went through the ball and hit McKenzie in the chin/facemask with his helmet.

No call, no foul, no ejection.

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Does “defenseless” translate to “trying to catch the ball”? I honestly don’t know with these calls. I get the head-hunting hits that Ronnie Lott used to dish out, but bang bang plays like that where the DB is trying to jar the football loose should never be a personal foul if it’s not helmet to helmet.

And he hit him shoulder to chest.  I don’t understand the call.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

First a good win by Buffalo. So here are my observations:

1. it looked like it was going be a long NO PUNT night again at the beginning, but as a Pats fan holding the Bills O to 24 points was a win.  

2. Bills D was amazing tonight! It was almost like they knew what play was being called. Did the Bills steal the Pats playbook? No you just go O coaching for dummies? Ah same thing! Lol

3. Bills secondary was flying around tonight and just didn’t give the receivers much room work at all.

4.  Game was over when the Pats got 0 points off that strip sack. They needed something there have a chance.

5. that personal foul at the end of the game seemed kind of silly to do. I know it’s football, but the game is over no need try lay the stick down on someone. 

5. Both O lines looked bad and a TON of holding calls just ignored on both sides. God what a difference a mobile QB makes.

Good luck guys and please don’t lose the division to anyone else especially not the dang JETS!

the hit was perfectly legal hit in the game.  The issue in its appearance was it leading with his head or not.  Itwas not a defenseless receiver because he had the ball then the hit dislodged it.  A defenseless receiver pkay is when the pass is incomplete and thrn he gets hit when the DB didn’t make an effort.

Buffalo was not trying to run up the score.

Buffalos drives were

1st half 

FG

TD

TD

Punt

fumble by allen

2nd half

Punt on a drive killed by a 10 yr penalty on the NE side

TD

punt

kneel downs 

One of the drives were killed by a Diggs drop that he should have caught.

the patriots  are a strong D and run first team who don’t scare you with their passing. It relies heavily on play action calls.  They have benefited when their D creates turnovers.

i see a QB controversy brewing given how the other QB performed earlier this season.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I know. I don't think it was flagrant and warranted an ejection. But honestly, I was not too bothered by it. It is what it is.

You weren’t bothered by it because it was late and the games all but won. If it was in the Q1 you would be!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

From the Patriots perspective I would question why they seemingly gave up in the second half?

They weren’t even trying to score out there, just dumping off to Stevenson.

Punting down 3 scores. 

They were happy to lose by "not that much" this time. I mean they forced a few punts tonight and only lost by 14...Belichick has to be feeling good about things

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

5. Both O lines looked bad and a TON of holding calls just ignored on both sides. God what a difference a mobile QB makes.

Hey, Mac Jones ran for like 100 yards at least behind the LOS. 

Honestly, I didn't think this was even a great game by our defense. They simply weren't challenged at all by the Pats offense. If Greg Cossell says the Bills offense lacks elite players or whatever, good God what does he think of the Patriots offense?

For the Bills offense, it was nice that we found our running game but it still seems like the only thing that can stop the Bills offense is the Bills. Allen had the fumble and Diggs had an uncharacteristic drop on 3rd down 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

You weren’t bothered by it because it was late and the games all but won. If it was in the Q1 you would be!

That's probably true. I stand by my statement that I don't think he should have been ejected.

22 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

i see a QB controversy brewing given how the other QB performed earlier this season.

100%

Given what we have seen from Allen and Tua in their respective year 3 break outs I am weary on giving up on a QB before year 3 but the fact that Mac Jones really doesn't do anything at all at a high level would make me not hesitate to move off of him after year 2. He's regressed quite a bit since the first half of his rookie season.

51 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It was not flagrant and he should not have been disqualified.

And one of the Chiefs DB launched into the ball while McKenzie was in the air, went through the ball and hit McKenzie in the chin/facemask with his helmet.

No call, no foul, no ejection.

Well the Zebras remember the old days when they got envelopes of cash from Bili-CHEAT's director of spying.

57 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I got no problem at all with Hamlins hit.  The WR dipped his head and Hamlin was going for the ball.  It’s the right call but not sure what Hamlins supposed to do there.   Saved 4 points and took another minute off clock.  As a Bills fan, no lead is ever safe.  

Exactly, what was he supposed to do in that moment? I feel like people watch the video in slo mo and say he could have pulled up but real world happens in the blink on an eye. He was clearly going for the strip, you can tell when someone loads up and trys to destroy the reciever(like every crossing route in the 90s). I get the rules but I don't agree with an ejection.

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

100%

Given what we have seen from Allen and Tua in their respective year 3 break outs I am weary on giving up on a QB before year 3 but the fact that Mac Jones really doesn't do anything at all at a high level would make me not hesitate to move off of him after year 2. He's regressed quite a bit since the first half of his rookie season.

I partially agree hes not great at any one thing, but the argument can be made that look how josh looked before diggs, some big flashes but questions were still there. Then he got smoke diggs beasley. Tua was already being labeled as a bust last year, they get tyreek paired with waddle and friendly qb system and he's in the mvp discussion. What have patriots given Mac? Parker and Henry and a questionable OC. I'm not saying Mac will turn it around, I don't think he's a franchise qb but the Pats have not done him any favors and put themselves in tough spot not giving him weapons so they can asses his potential.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I partially agree hes not great at any one thing, but the argument can be made that look how josh looked before diggs, some big flashes but questions were still there. Then he got smoke diggs beasley. Tua was already being labeled as a bust last year, they get tyreek paired with waddle and friendly qb system and he's in the mvp discussion. What have patriots given Mac? Parker and Henry and a questionable OC. I'm not saying Mac will turn it around, I don't think he's a franchise qb but the Pats have not done him any favors and put themselves in tough spot not giving him weapons so they can asses his potential.

The Pats spent an NFL record in free agency last year getting him two supposedly incredible TEs. They traded for WR Parker. They have supplied Jones weapons. He is not a good NFL qb. He will be a career backup or out of league in 5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

as a Pats fan holding the Bills O to 24 points was a win.  

that personal foul at the end of the game seemed kind of silly to do. I know it’s football, but the game is over no need try lay the stick down on someone. 

It's a new era, Pats fans think losing is OK as long as you don't get humiliated. Can't wait to hear Bill Simmons' podcast this week.

As for "the game is over" - you've obviously never seen a Bills game before.

Edited by Dan Darragh

3 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Biggest weakness of P*ts is their General Manager.

They have not had a winning season since their Director of Spying retired.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

First a good win by Buffalo. So here are my observations:

1. it looked like it was going be a long NO PUNT night again at the beginning, but as a Pats fan holding the Bills O to 24 points was a win.  

2. Bills D was amazing tonight! It was almost like they knew what play was being called. Did the Bills steal the Pats playbook? No you just go O coaching for dummies? Ah same thing! Lol

3. Bills secondary was flying around tonight and just didn’t give the receivers much room work at all.

4.  Game was over when the Pats got 0 points off that strip sack. They needed something there have a chance.

5. that personal foul at the end of the game seemed kind of silly to do. I know it’s football, but the game is over no need try lay the stick down on someone. 

Good luck guys and please don’t lose the division to anyone else especially not the dang JETS!

6. Buffalo is New England’s daddy

It’s a pleasure putting the Pats playoff aspirations in doubt. 

Enjoy last place. Get used to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Op,

Thanks for your thoughts.   The one clear thought about the Pats I had is Mac Jones is a strong backup and not your guy.  He tries to execute the offense but displays no individual playmaking ability in crucial moments to carry his team.

Once we had Tre and most of the defense back, you knew we would improve significantly and this was without Von.

God, I can’t wait for what we’ll do to the Fish.  I go to this watering hole near me where there are fans of all teams and there is a Fish guy who constantly rides me of the Fins win.  That day will be fun.  I’m not going to even say a word until the last minute of the game when we are up by 10.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.