A few observations from the opposing team fam

PatsFanNH

First a good win by Buffalo. So here are my observations:

1. it looked like it was going be a long NO PUNT night again at the beginning, but as a Pats fan holding the Bills O to 24 points was a win.  

2. Bills D was amazing tonight! It was almost like they knew what play was being called. Did the Bills steal the Pats playbook? No you just go O coaching for dummies? Ah same thing! Lol

3. Bills secondary was flying around tonight and just didn’t give the receivers much room work at all.

4.  Game was over when the Pats got 0 points off that strip sack. They needed something there have a chance.

5. that personal foul at the end of the game seemed kind of silly to do. I know it’s football, but the game is over no need try lay the stick down on someone. 

5. Both O lines looked bad and a TON of holding calls just ignored on both sides. God what a difference a mobile QB makes.

Good luck guys and please don’t lose the division to anyone else especially not the dang JETS!

• Like (+1) 19
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 22

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. it looked like it was going be a long NO PUNT night again at the beginning, but as a Pats fan holding the Bills O to 24 points was a win.  

2. Bills D was amazing tonight! It was almost like they knew what play was being called. Did the Bills steal the Pats playbook? No you just go O coaching for dummies? Ah same thing! Lol

3. Bills secondary was flying around tonight and just didn’t give the receivers much room work at all.

4.  Game was over when the Pats got 0 points off that strip sack. They needed something there have a chance.

5. that personal foul at the end of the game seemed kind of silly to do. I know it’s football, but the game is over no need try lay the stick down on someone. 

5. Both O lines looked bad and a TON of holding calls just ignored on both sides. God what a difference a mobile QB makes.

Good luck guys and please don’t lose the division to anyone else especially not the dang JETS!

Patriots are so bad on offense...just inept. 

I have no idea why it was even a personal foul, let alone an ejection. He hit him with his shoulder and the recieiver lowered his head into it. What is he supposed to do, just let him catch it?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 22
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Hamlin hit was a foul for sure. But he led with his shoulder and was probably trying to knock the ball out. The receiver was ducking down and got hit in the head.

Hamlin isn't a dirty player. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone. And honestly, I'm surprised he was ejected.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 11

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Patriots are so bad on offense...just inept. 

I have no idea why it was even a personal foul, let alone an ejection. He hit him with his shoulder and the recieiver lowered his head into it. What is he supposed to do, just let him catch it?

Can't do that in 2022

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That was not a personal foul, he’s allowed to play the ball and he didn’t lead with his helmet.  The league is just a bit lost on this stuff.

You aren't allowed to hit them in the head. Doesn't matter if it is with your shoulder. Yes, the receiver was ducking down and he probably couldn't have done much about it, but that's what happenes sometimes. I don't think he should have been ejected.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 8

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Hamlin hit was a foul for sure. But he led with his shoulder and was probably trying to knock the ball out. The receiver was ducking down and got hit in the head.

Hamlin isn't a dirty player. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone. And honestly, I'm surprised he was ejected.

Same thing happened in the 9ers chargers game and player was ejected after NY interviened 

A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act. This includes illegal contact that may occur during the process of attempting to dislodge the ball from an opponent. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against a defenseless opponent, even if the opponent is an airborne player who is returning to the ground or whose body position is otherwise in motion, and irrespective of any acts by the defenseless opponent, such as ducking his head or curling up his body in anticipation of contact.

Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Same thing happened in the 9ers chargers game and player was ejected after NY interviened 

A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act. This includes illegal contact that may occur during the process of attempting to dislodge the ball from an opponent. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against a defenseless opponent, even if the opponent is an airborne player who is returning to the ground or whose body position is otherwise in motion, and irrespective of any acts by the defenseless opponent, such as ducking his head or curling up his body in anticipation of contact.

Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant.

Yeah, I know. I don't think it was flagrant and warranted an ejection. But honestly, I was not too bothered by it. It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Thanks-

I’d like to add that the Bills DL was impressive minus Von. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Thank you for your sentiments.

Curious though, I know Red and the jets struck a nerve but why the well wishes and the…despise for the Jets, not Fins? I thought they played the Pop arts though each year forever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Gonzalez being a douche right til the end tonight. Lol what a clown. Says Miami will run the table, beat the Bills and win the division 

Despite them being a 4 point dog against SF this weekend lol.  They’ve got three 50/50 or worse games in a row and winning just those three is a long shot. 

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ridiculous NCAA penalty.  How 

Does “defenseless” translate to “trying to catch the ball”? I honestly don’t know with these calls. I get the head-hunting hits that Ronnie Lott used to dish out, but bang bang plays like that where the DB is trying to jar the football loose should never be a personal foul if it’s not helmet to helmet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.