A few observations from the opposing team fam

PatsFanNH

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

My thoughts exactly. If he has already caught the ball, how in the hell is he defenseless? Hamlin was just trying to knock the ball out. Makes no sense. It was a fantastic play by Damar. 

Helpless as in unable to defend himself from the hit. Which he was. Again the right call, and maybe no need for the ejection but it was definitely a hit to the head of a defenseless defender… (no I don’t think he meant to hurt him or anything just happens)

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Are you hoping the Pats are bad for the next 10 years?

I just want him as the OC. He be a gigantic leap forward from dumb and dumber. He also would bring in a similar O to what Alabama runs so we will truly see what we have in Jones. Last year he started good and like a lot of rookies ran out of steam late. This year he been horrid but the play calling been so obvious the opposing D have been calling them out. (So how do you blame the QB for obvious scheme and play calling issues). With him here we know right away if Jones is or is not the answer.. which IMO is the most important question. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Helpless as in unable to defend himself from the hit. Which he was. Again the right call, and maybe no need for the ejection but it was definitely a hit to the head of a defenseless defender… (no I don’t think he meant to hurt him or anything just happens)

He hit Meyers in the shoulder. And how do you defend yourself against a hit while you're catching a pass. The receiver also lowered his head into Hamlin. It was a lame call.

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know I was being tongue in cheek with the Brady thing right?  First Brady would have gone ballistic on Patricia and thrown his headset into the stands and told him sit down and shut up and watch and learn..  Jones just showed his frustration, no time behind a banged up O line and WR who were not getting open on terribly designed plays.  Again I am reserving judgement on Jones till I see him with a true #1 WR. Look at every top QB this year they all have an amazing top WR or TWO.  What does Jones have?  

As bills fans, we have done a lot of rationalizing with bad qbs.  Your points are valid about needing better receivers, a real OC (if another coach in the nfl did that but Belichick, they would be fired), and oline play. But I don’t seem it. He reminds me of Trent Edwards. Pretty smart guy, not very athletic, and loved checking down. I was so happy when the Pats drafted him because I don’t see an upside with him.  He has no elite skills. I think he absolute best case is Chad Pennington, so you can win with him but you’re limited imo 

but you guys have been so spoiled. Kinda nice to see this role reversal. 😉 but I respect you for the good thoughts even after a loss. Take care.

9 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He hit Meyers in the shoulder. And how do you defend yourself against a hit while you're catching a pass. The receiver also lowered his head into Hamlin. It was a lame call.

Dude it’s the rule! Meyers never saw Hamlin coming he was finishing the catch while the other Bills player (Poyer?) was trying to break it up.. then Hamlin came in and hit him in the shoulder with his helmet. Which I think someone else pointed out you are not allowed to do anymore. You can not lead with your helmet.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As bills fans, we have done a lot of rationalizing with bad qbs.  Your points are valid about needing better receivers, a real OC (if another coach in the nfl did that but Belichick, they would be fired), and oline play. But I don’t seem it. He reminds me of Trent Edwards. Pretty smart guy, not very athletic, and loved checking down. I was so happy when the Pats drafted him because I don’t see an upside with him.  He has no elite skills. I think he absolute best case is Chad Pennington, so you can win with him but you’re limited imo 

but you guys have been so spoiled. Kinda nice to see this role reversal. 😉 but I respect you for the good thoughts even after a loss. Take care.

Please don’t take me defending him as me saying you’re wrong. You can very well be 100% right! The whole O just looks like something a HS coach wrote out on a back of a napkin or something. That’s why I want O’Brian with him installing an Alabama like O we would truly see who Jones is..  I think our “coordinators” are so bad we could have Mahomes or Allen back there and maybe have 2 more wins. 

13 hours ago, MJS said:

You aren't allowed to hit them in the head. Doesn't matter if it is with your shoulder. Yes, the receiver was ducking down and he probably couldn't have done much about it, but that's what happenes sometimes. I don't think he should have been ejected.

The ejection part was what surprised me.  Initially I assumed Kirk H was confusing college rules with NFL.  But then ref said he was out??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.