Feels like 2019 all over again.

streetkings01

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

They are winning close games. That’s a good thing and is more the norm this time of year especially with the schedule they have. 

Most playoff games are pretty close.  I think these types of games, ending in W's is actually better sometimes than just rolling everyone.  They have been hit in the mouth a bunch this year.  Definitely more battle tested than in past seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

And you are wrong.

When were the 2019 Bills ever the 1 seed?

Comprehension isn’t your strong point huh? The point of the thread was for fans to adjust their expectations and not to expect blowouts like we’ve done in 2020, 2021 and the 1st half of 2022. Our wins are going to be similar to the 2019 wins……a lot of nail biters coming down to the last possession which you’ve seen over the past 3/4 games around when this thread was started.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

...or had a 4 game win streak - which this team has accomplished twice already. Surprised that OP would double-down on the comparison.

Another one struggling with reading comprehension! I swear this younger generation skims thru a thread and looks for a debate without fully reading the post and fully understanding it.

2019 - expectations were to win games anyway possible regardless of the score and get into the playoffs.

2022 - expectations were/are to blow out every team with Josh passing for 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns 

The expectations needs to be adjusted to 2019 Buffalo Bills……meaning: just win games regardless if they are ugly nail biters or blowouts…..just win baby!

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Comprehension isn’t your strong point huh? The point of the thread was for fans to adjust their expectations and not to expect blowouts like we’ve done in 2020, 2021 and the 1st half of 2022. Our wins are going to be similar to the 2019 wins……a lot of nail biters coming down to the last possession which you’ve seen over the past 3/4 games around when this thread was started.

You really suck at gaslighting bud.

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Another one struggling with reading comprehension! I swear this younger generation skims thru a thread and looks for a debate without fully reading the post and fully understanding it.

2019 - expectations were to win games anyway possible regardless of the score and get into the playoffs.

2022 - expectations were/are to blow out every team with Josh passing for 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns 

The expectations needs to be adjusted to 2019 Buffalo Bills……meaning: just win games regardless if they are ugly nail biters or blowouts…..just win baby!

In 2022 I expect the Bills to win - dominant or not. In 2019 I hoped the Bills would win and had no expectation of dominance.

As an aside, it's nice to be lumped in with the younger generation regardless what you think of my reading comprehension.

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

In 2022 I expect the Bills to win - dominant or not. In 2019 I hoped the Bills would win and had no expectation of dominance.

As an aside, it's nice to be lumped in with the younger generation regardless what you think of my reading comprehension.

Hence the reason you get a ton of we still suck threads  after a Bills win because your expectations are blowouts every Bills game! Adjust your expectations and you can actually enjoy a Bills win instead of bitching and moaning how we only won by 1 score. Not saying you B word and moan after a Bills win, but the majority of this board does.

• Agree 1

Just now, streetkings01 said:

And you suck at trolling 

I am not a troll, I haven't lived under a bridge since my tour in Iraq. You started this thread implying we would revert to 2019 form, where we choked against the Texans in the wild card round. Now you are trying to frame the formation of this thread as "oh, I was just trying to reset expectations!" GTFOH man, stop gaslighting. We all make mistakes,  especially when we are emotionally married to this team. Doesn't make you a bad guy, just let your balls drop and man up.

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I am not a troll, I haven't lived under a bridge since my tour in Iraq. You started this thread implying we would revert to 2019 form, where we choked against the Texans in the wild card round. Now you are trying to frame the formation of this thread as "oh, I was just trying to reset expectations!" GTFOH man, stop gaslighting. We all make mistakes,  especially when we are emotionally married to this team. Doesn't make you a bad guy, just let your balls drop and man up.

Nobody asked if you served our country ……we talking about Bills football and you trolling! Being in the military ain’t relevant at all in this conversation!

4 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

If you read the first few posts it’s exactly what he says. Readjust expectations and enjoy the season. 

geez. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Hence the reason you get a ton of we still suck threads  after a Bills win because your expectations are blowouts every Bills game! Adjust your expectations and you can actually enjoy a Bills win instead of bitching and moaning how we only won by 1 score. Not saying you B word and moan after a Bills win, but the majority of this board does.

I'm 100% with you on all of that! We're all disappointed that the dominance we saw early this season is gone and it's hard to see it coming back this year. But the 'we suck' threads - win or lose - are ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

"Good teams find a way to win.  Bad teams find a way to lose."

This is a good team.  Tough games are expected and, given the schedule, will be the norm.

This is a very good team. People need to realize this isn’t college and we’re not gonna blowout teams every week. I don’t care how we get the wins just keep getting them…….that’s the reason why I’ve enjoyed this season a lot …….we’re winning!

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's all they need to do. Stack dubs.

Facts!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.