Proper Gear for Game Sunday?

tjwbills

I did find it odd that the Bills official email sent this out to fans the other week, a sponsored ad for battery operated clothing, while their weekly "What You Need to Know for Game Day" email always specifically says these items are prohibited.

• Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.) are prohibited.

%7Bb96de562-7af2-4288-845f-31eff3c24442%

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

breathable layers, multiple.  Then a fleece jacket or vest.  Then waterproof shell(with hood preferably) or ski jacket.  Add breathable layers as needed, breathable warm socks, comfortable water proof boots, hat, neck warmer or scarf.  Worst case scenerio, put on ski pants as well- you are ready for a blizzard Bills game now!

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I did find it odd that the Bills official email sent this out to fans the other week, a sponsored ad for battery operated clothing, while their weekly "What You Need to Know for Game Day" email always specifically says these items are prohibited.

• Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.) are prohibited.

%7Bb96de562-7af2-4288-845f-31eff3c24442%

I think batteries have been banned since the Bryan Cox days when they were used as projectiles!  

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Definitely wear a water proof jacket and water proof pants. Nothing's worse that getting soaked when it's in the mid-30's. Stay dry. 

Definitely, prepare for rain and/or wet, sloppy snow. Make sure you have waterproof boots. In this kind of weather, I usually bring one set of footwear for the tailgate, then change socks and boots before I head in. 

I like to have one extra layer I can put on in the stadium.

Gloves, winter hat are a must.

We tailgate with a heated trailer, so we keep all our outer gear inside there and it's toasty when we head into the stadium. You can also keep it in your car and run the heat before you get dressed to head in.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, damj said:

Definitely, prepare for rain and/or wet, sloppy snow. Make sure you have waterproof boots. In this kind of weather, I usually bring one set of footwear for the tailgate, then change socks and boots before I head in. 

I like to have one extra layer I can put on in the stadium.

Gloves, winter hat are a must.

We tailgate with a heated trailer, so we keep all our outer gear inside there and it's toasty when we head into the stadium. You can also keep it in your car and run the heat before you get dressed to head in.

All good points.  I also make sure to have a change of clothes for when I get back to my vehicle after the game as it is no fun wearing wet gear on my 3+ hour drive home...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.