TNF Eagles @ Houston

Steptide

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Had 2 10 sack seasons in 2013 and 2014.  Might be scheme and who he’s playing next to have some impact

Those were almost 10 years ago and Mario Williams was with us both of those years. After Mario left, he struggles getting 5 sacks a season most times

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

11 rushing TDs in 3.5 seasons is incredibly weak. He's fine... just doesn't give us anything extra. And obviously Moss is terrible.

Agreed on Moss.  Singletary may not exactly have a nose for the end zone but if he wasn't playing with Allen the epic TD vulture he'd have quite a few more than 11.  4.7 YPC over 4 seasons is not too shabby.  He's a plus member of the team, though granted not plus plus.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think asking why he's better this year than he has been in at least the last 5 or 6 years with us is a valid question. Sorry, I don't have a hard on for him like you and the other guy do

Valid question, although it may be a flawed one. “Better” in what regard? Is he playing more snaps? Is he being asked to do the same roles he was in BUF. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him drop in coverage tonight as he has for years on occasion with the Bills. I don’t have the answer to those questions but I’m not going to be blind to other factors and assume an inflated sack total means he is playing better football. I’m not interested in having that conversation or figuring it out. Instead, I’ll just choose to respect his body of work over a decade in this city and with the team. 

And if you can’t get a hard on, they make a pill for that

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.