Coordinators not adapting schemes

Back2Buff

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

When you're ripping off 20 yard runs, how is that any different than throwing 20 yard passes?

A massive day running the ball is around 200 yards. A massive day throwing the ball is around 400 yards.

It's as simple as moving the length of the field twice vs four times.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

When you're ripping off 20 yard runs, how is that any different than throwing 20 yard passes?

How many of those? How many shorter? How much time comes off the clock for a stuffed run vs an incomplete pass?

20 - 2 - 3 - 10 rushing is 2 minutes for 35 yards and low risk of the blown play 60 yard touchdown

20 -incomplete - incomplete - 15 is 1 minute for 35 yards

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You're playing the what if game. What I'd Josh played lights out in the 2nd half, like he usually does? What if he doesn't throw two 2nd half ints? What if we converted our 3rd downs like we usually do.

Also the OPI wasn't lame, he manhandled Elam to get wide open, it's a penalty every time. AND how for the life of me are you going to sit there and say we almost let GB win? After the first play in the 2nd quarter, that game was never in doubt. They were up 3 scores for a good chunk of the game until a garbage time td cut it to 10.

Giving up 60 yard plays is how you LOSE a game like this. You must be new to football. SMH

It wasn’t a penalty. It was soft.

I am not saying GB “almost won”.

But they needed a game script to win. Control the clock, limit Josh, and be efficient.

The bills seemingly let them do that script fairly well .

The difference? Bills made a few clutch plays on 4th down and In the red zone

My overall point is when I have Josh Allen and I’m playing against a mediocre offence, make them get in a shoot out with you..

GB wanted to run the ball/control clock, and the bills let them do it and it gave them “half a chance”.

If bills played more aggressive in defence, i think they win by 4-5 touchdowns 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think Leslie Frazier knows how to put 8 guys in the box.  Packers were slowly drinking poison with their offensive play calling and he was letting them.

They were down by 14 points throughout most of the game and they kept running the ball.  It seemed to me that the Bills' coaching staff was OK with them running out the clock for us.  

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

That game was a Crosby missed FG and fairly weak OPI call from being tied. You're making it sound like we were comfortably ahead.  We weren't.  It was the way WE were playing that was the reason we didn't know the game was over until Crosby missed the FG.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

Allow 7 yards a run bleeding off 30secs each time or allow 7 yards a pass with the clock stopping half the time...

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

The interviews with Von and Greg were telling. The Packers were in an obvious passing situation and kept running it. They were so confused at one point Von asked Rodgers what are you guys doing, you're down 17 pts and we're in the 4th quarter. 

It was quite obvious that the plan after the half was to prevent a blowout. The Packers wanted it to "look" close at the end.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

The interviews with Von and Greg were telling. The Packers were in an obvious passing situation and kept running it. They were so confused at one point Von asked Rodgers what are you guys doing, you're down 17 pts and we're in the 4th quarter. 

The Packers were trying to get back to the bus and save some face. Essentially forfeiting without blatantly quitting.

Both Rodgers and LaFleur know enough about football to know their gameplan wasnt going to get them a victory. They were merely trying to prevent an embarrassing blowout on national TV.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So they have to lose for us to question why they were allowing GB to rip of 10, 20+ yard runs repeatedly and playing nickel when the formations said run? 

And why Frazier was playing like he was scared to death of GBs receivers, when their receivers are their weak spot?

That game was a Crosby missed FG and fairly weak OPI call from being tied. You're making it sound like we were comfortably ahead.  We weren't.  It was the way WE were playing that was the reason we didn't know the game was over until Crosby missed the FG.

Missed opi call away from being a game aka we would’ve given up two big chunk passing tds and you wanted us to load up against the run lol massively contradictory

You can’t play this what if game when 7 of the packers 17 points came from a completely improbable td catch by doubs.  He would make that play maybe 5 times if given 100 attempts. It’s way more likely he drops that ball than the refs deciding not to call a tossup opi on tonyan 

This revisionist history is absurd…the game was over long before the missed Crosby fg.  If Crosby hits that fg the packers would’ve needed to recover an onside kick then drive 60 yards with no timeouts and 40ish seconds left just to tie the game.  The game was never close 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

It wasn’t a penalty. It was soft.

I am not saying GB “almost won”.

But they needed a game script to win. Control the clock, limit Josh, and be efficient.

The bills seemingly let them do that script fairly well .

The difference? Bills made a few clutch plays on 4th down and In the red zone

My overall point is when I have Josh Allen and I’m playing against a mediocre offence, make them get in a shoot out with you..

GB wanted to run the ball/control clock, and the bills let them do it and it gave them “half a chance”.

If bills played more aggressive in defence, i think they win by 4-5 touchdowns 

A shootout is the last thing you want  against an inferior team, wtf? What you want is to do what they did last night, let them chew up alot of clock while producing very few points.

No way we win by 4-5 tds last night with Rodgers back there. He would've had to fall completely apart and throw several picks for that to happen. Zack Wilson - yes, Aaron Rodgers - nope. You're living in a pipe dream if you really believe that.

Also 100% disagree on the OPI, the refs have been calling plays like that all year. Kelce had a much weaker one called on him against us just 2 weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I like how we’re criticizing our own coaches for letting GB hand us the game lol. 

Handing us the game?  GB was doing what they knew they had to do because they knew their receiving corp is trash.  Frazier was acting like their receivers were "the greatest show on turf" reborn.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Handing us the game?  GB was doing what they knew they had to do because they knew their receiving corp is trash.  Frazier was acting like their receivers were "the greatest show on turf" reborn.

Why would you want to stop an offense from doing what you want them to do?

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

How many of those? How many shorter? How much time comes off the clock for a stuffed run vs an incomplete pass?

20 - 2 - 3 - 10 rushing is 2 minutes for 35 yards and low risk of the blown play 60 yard touchdown

20 -incomplete - incomplete - 15 is 1 minute for 35 yards

low risk of the blown play 60 yard touchdown

And there it is.  Playing scared against a team whose receivers are their weakness instead of making them beat you with them.  

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It was truly bizarre.  They’re in desperation mode at 3-4 yesterday and they didn’t even try to let their HoF QB win them the game.

I was amazed by that as well. I just feel like they have zero confidence in their Wrs and our pass rush was dominant imo despite the numbers, they impacted Rodgers all night. Our secondary was dominant and they had no other choice. really goes to show how great this d is. 

As far as op i semi agree about not running Motor more while up but we have the opposite problem in that we have extreme confidence in our wrs but we should absolutely put it in Motors hands more. Hes a legit RB1 and is playing great

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

A shootout is the last thing you want  against an inferior team, wtf? What you want is to do what they did last night, let them chew up alot of clock while producing very few points.

No way we win by 4-5 tds last night with Rodgers back there. He would've had to fall completely apart and throw several picks for that to happen. Zack Wilson - yes, Aaron Rodgers - nope. You're living in a pipe dream if you really believe that.

Also 100% disagree on the OPI, the refs have been calling plays like that all year. Kelce had a much weaker one called on him against us just 2 weeks ago.

You challenge them a shootout..

what does Green Bay want to do and what do they do best?

Run the ball and control the clock right?

Make them beat you with their 4th 5th and practice squad WRs…

If they get a big play? Who cares… you have Josh freaking Allen and can answer in a heart beat…..

I also think part of the reason Josh sucked in the 2nd half was because he was on the bench for the whole half.

He is a rhythm passer and him sitting down for 7-9 minute drives is a killer for the offensive momentum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Why would you want to stop an offense from doing what you want them to do?

You mean ripping off 10, 20 yard runs at a time?  Those are a good as a pass.  This game was a Crosby missed FG and fairly weak OPI call from being tied.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You mean ripping off 10, 20 yard runs at a time?  Those are a good as a pass. 

it also costs them 30 seconds a run vs a pass which stops the clock half the time.

They limited themselves to 3 possessions in the 2nd half while behind 3 scores.

Edited by unbillievable

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.