NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Looks good as it worked. Would have looked odd if it hadn't.

I'm pretty sure the EV of going for two is nearly exactly 1 point, the same as a PAT -- teams seem to convert these at basically a 50-50 clip.  So any time you observe anything on tape that you think you can exploit on 4th and goal from the 2, you should probably opt for the 2-point try.

Edit: Talking about early game situations here, where you're just trying to accumulate points.  Obviously things change in the late game, where you need to go by the chart.

Edited by BillsFanSD

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are we rooting for Balt over Cleveland? Since we have a game in hand on Baltimore already, a win puts them at 4-3 and the browns at 2-4….making playoffs difficult for them?

Or do we try and root for the balance at 3-4 and 3-3

I'm rooting for the meteor impact.

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are we rooting for Balt over Cleveland? Since we have a game in hand on Baltimore already, a win puts them at 4-3 and the browns at 2-4….making playoffs difficult for them?

Or do we try and root for the balance at 3-4 and 3-3

If the Browns win, both them and the Ravens will be on 3-4. As much as it pains me to want the Browns to win...

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If the Browns win, both them and the Ravens will be on 3-4. As much as it pains me to want the Browns to win...

I just think they’re going to be a way more difficult game in the post season. If we could bury them before they get Watson back, I like it 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I just think they’re going to be a way more difficult game in the post season. I’d we could bury them before they get Watson back, I like it 

That's true. There's something quite nice about Watson walking into a side which is looking to trade players for picks as their season is over.

Just now, Roundybout said:

Ravens are asking Lamar to be their entire team again, but he ain’t Josh Allen.

Or Mahomes.

Lamar has no chill in the pocket. If you get him off his mark, and can keep him from gashing you with his legs, the zone swallows up their poor to mediocre WRs and it’s over 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.