Jets WR Elijah Moore requests trade

Big Blitz

10 hours ago, Nelius said:

And that's now both Moore and Mims being vocal about lack of targets and wanting to leave this year.

OK, I was chided up-thread for saying moore was whining about his lack of targets when he just went to his boss and asked for a trade.

But I thought I'd seen stuff....where and what have you seen?

Allen's 2nd year 2019, the Bills had a former 2nd round pick in Zay Jones who was whinging (through his Dad if I recall) that he wanted to play with a good QB.  So the Bills slung him out of town to the Raiders after 5 games, where his snap count went up from 48% to 72% - and his catch % went up, from 39% to 74% - but his Y/G did not change appreciably nor did his R/G.

We also cut Fat Kelvin partway through the 2018 season and told him "don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord Splitcha and take your 35% catch % with you".

Now both these guys were high draft picks believed to have talent, which is why Zay is on his 3rd team and the Chiefs picked up Fat Kelvin after we cut him.  But they were both "addition by subtraction" for us.

Doesn't mean the Jets will trade Moore in division, but does sound as though they may have some housekeeping to do.

16 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This happens in nba, amd maybe mlb, any history of this in the nfl? Curious in general not even this scenario specifically

Eli Manning was drafted by SD and traded to NY Giants right away in a pre-arranged deal.

Mostly this type of thing could cause bad blood so teams would not do it with frequent partners.

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Totally agree. Also, OBJ was a declining player before this injury. Add to the his huge ego, Moore would be a much better fit imo.  But unless we completely over pay, that won’t happen. But Moore makes so much sense with Allen. 

9 for 115 in NFC Champ and MVP of SB until injury....that's some decline!!

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's business. If he doesn't get targets he can't hit incentives and won't be able to negotiate the contract he feels he deserves. Not much different than the Marquise Brown situation in Baltimore. The Jets could be ruining his career.

People would feel the same way if they were being overlooked at work. Yeh, work harder I get it. At times though youre still overlooked, despite your work ethic/attitude. No one wants to feel that. 

Not being utilized for a player like him will cost him millions. I dont think people should be hating on the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Bandito said:

The dude is a primadonna and a cancer. no thanks. Remember he is the player who cost his team the Egg Bowl while at Ole Miss for "peeing" on Miss State's field. LOL Clown World Bro

Diggs wanted out of Minnesota and some people here called him a primadonna and a cancer too.  Look how that worked out.  Not that it really matters because the Jets would never be stupid enough to trade a good player to the best team in their own division.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Totally agree. Also, OBJ was a declining player before this injury. Add to the his huge ego, Moore would be a much better fit imo.  But unless we completely over pay, that won’t happen. But Moore makes so much sense with Allen. 

No he wasn't.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

9 for 115 in NFC Champ and MVP of SB until injury....that's some decline!!

Great point! Let’s ignore 800 combined yards the previous 2 seasons and a major injury on top of that. 

more fun stats without context. This player had a combined 12 catches for 212 yards and 1 td in the championship game and Super Bowl. 

that player was Sammy Watkins 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Great point! Let’s ignore 800 combined yards the previous 2 seasons and a major injury on top of that. 

more fun stats without context. This player had a combined 12 catches for 212 yards and 1 td in the championship game and Super Bowl. 

One word:  Baker. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Baker Mayfield and run heavy offense. One of those 2 seasons he only played 7 games.

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t even think he is traded TBH.

Even if he is, the Jets aren't going to make a trade like this to someone in the conference, much less their own division. 

The Bills would have to overpay an extreme degree to not be laughed out of the room. 

15 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

What if your QB sucks? If you’re a WR that can cost you millions.

I assume you mean Keenum and Barkley.  Keenum has proven over the years he is a proven backup QB, and Barkley, we’ll, he had a good Jets game in 2108.  I trust McD, that he knows if bad play comes from the RB or the line, or QB’s.

he’s just underwhelmed them so far.  They’ve forgotten more about football then I’ll ever know and I played for year San coached for years.  I a,so know I’m not in the same league as McD.

He’s had 343 snaps, which is 82.45% and tied for the most among skill positions.

His separation is 2.9, which is pretty normal.

It looks like Saleh just isn’t going to pass much with Wilson.

Flacco, probably a different outcome.

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If I am GB, he is my number 1 trade target.  I would be on the phone easily offering a 3rd for him, would even consider a conditional 2nd.  The guy can play, and he would instantly be the best WR on the Packers the moment he steps on the field.  I really think he would be a stud with Rodgers in GB.  

1203672974.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If I am GB, he is my number 1 trade target.  I would be on the phone easily offering a 3rd for him, would even consider a conditional 2nd.  The guy can play, and he would instantly be the best WR on the Packers the moment he steps on the field.  I really think he would be a stud with Rodgers in GB.  

How about a smurf for smurf exchange with Green Bay sending Amari Rodgers to the Jets?

327559-Bring-Me-Another-Smurf.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Baker Mayfield and run heavy offense. One of those 2 seasons he only played 7 games.

Could very well be the case. But he’s pushing 30, wasn’t that great for rams until the playoffs, coming off a major injury after other injuries, and still has an ego like he the best receiver in nfl. I guess I would welcome him but if it was between him and Moore, I’d choose Moore all day if the compensation is t too high.

11 hours ago, Rico said:

1203672974.jpeg

Dude was money for the KC Super Bowl year. What a redemption that would be. 

19 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Neither Moore nor Mims is good enough for this kind of complaining

Moore definitely is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.