Jets WR Elijah Moore requests trade

Big Blitz

He's being underutilized, no question. He's 5th in targets & 6th in receptions on the Jets, despite playing the most snaps of all WRs there. The almighty Breece Hall is ahead of him getting more targets.

He's been vocal about wanting to be more involved for a few weeks, and it's still the same.  He sees the Packers & Giants with dire needs at WR, and is hoping to force his way to one of those teams. I don't like how he's handling it, but can't really blame him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

But the Jets are such a huge threat. 🙄

Gonna be honest, I don't get how this news has anything to do with the Jets being perceived as a threat... sarcasm or not 😅

That'd be like news coming out that DaQuan Jones or McKenzie wanted a trade, & Jets fans saying "but the Bills are such a huge SB contender!"

Doesn't really make sense 🤷‍♂️ 

• Agree 2

I was just laughing on the way home MOVIN the Chains, and they were laughing at his position.  He’s a cheap talent picked in the 2nd RD., and Mims pulled this crap last year, and they just fined him for missing practice.  This 22 yr. old will learn he’s a commodity for them for four years, and maybe the Jets have finally learned not to let the player push them around.  He has zero leverage.

You want to get more targets, a novel idea, PRODUCE in practice, and then take advantage in the games.

Moving onto Cincinatti as one coached said.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This would be a tremendous add for us. The kid escaped our grasp in the draft and now we have a chance to grab him. Beane should put together a great  package with a draft choice or two and get this talented receiver. Moore would be prolific with Josh. The  Jets would probably be reluctant to trade him within the division. Oh well.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

There is - it's their QB.

I feel certain the QB made the decision to cut his snaps from 90% to 50 or 60%.  

The coaches grading whether or not he’s doing what he’s supposed to be doing in practice and his games would certainly have no bearing on that.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I like Shakir growing into our 3

I reallyyyyyy like Shakir. I might get blasted and im even hesitant but in an imaginary situation. I'd trade Shakir for him.

Moore really has game breaking ability. A threat to take it to the house on any touch. Line him up near Gabe on a screen let the young men grind.

Idk that i even think one's better than the other but different skill sets. A home run hitter in this offense would put us over the top.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What’s the bigger news here is that in the articles I have read about Moore’s

low target %, Gabe Davis has a pretty comparable %.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34839826/frustrated-jets-wr-elijah-moore-excused-practice

Different roles. Your slot guy should catch a high volume of short/underneath stuff. Gabe stretches the field. Lower volume.

Apples n oranges

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Monster usage?  

Absolutely not.  

Kirk targets by season:

2018:  68

2019:  108

2020:  78

2021:  103

Career high yards:  982

Next highest was 709

Is this a troll post? Cole Beasley in 2020 had just under 1000 yards iirc.

Kirk had a 982 yard season and a 709 season while being targeted twice over 100 times as a slot receiver and he’s not being used a lot?!?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

He’s a great prospect, the Bills reportedly loved him coming out. He would blossom with Allen and upgrade the 3rd spot but the Jets will no way trade him to a divisional rival if at all 

So Bills South trade for him and they trade him to Carolina for future considerations.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.