Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Judging by the layout I’d say it looks like pro football reference. 

It does look like that yeah.  I see no way to search like that or query for specific results.  Maybe they just scraped it from there.

Edited by Scott7975

30 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Listen, I'm gonna give you shotgun. But I want you to know it's because only 'cause I'm goin' inside. Keep that in mind. All right?

Not to worry. There's a new fiesta in the making as we speak. It's out at the moon tower. Full kegs. Everybody's gonna be there. You oughta go.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This might come back to bite me but I would go back to Trubisky for the next two weeks if I was Tomlin. Their next two games are Buffalo and Tampa. That might be the two best defenses in the NFL. 

I'd start Pickett week 7 against the Dolphins. 

Agree.  I would add that the 2 Steelers games I watched (Bengals and Browns) the Pittsburg OL was not very good.

That's a tough position to put a rookie QB in.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree.  I would add that the 2 Steelers games I watched (Bengals and Browns) the Pittsburg OL was not very good.

That's a tough position to put a rookie QB in.

Not very good is an understatement. The Bills OL is not very good. The Steelers OL is really bad. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I agree with you, but I don't believe this mentality is in Tomlin's DNA.

This is going to wind up being an awful, terrible, no good season for the Stillers.

Nor should it be. For Tomlinson or any coach. It’s a slap in the face to every player on the team. “Well, boys. We have a delicate waif of a rookie at QB, so we are gonna just focus on his development and not worry about the wins this year.” How does anyone think that sits with the veterans on that team like Hayward, Fitzpatrick, Watt, etc. who know the deal better than anyone? 

You play the guy who you think gives you the best chance of winning. Full stop. And if Pickett has to take his lumps early on, he just might be better off for it in the long run. But you have to find out, regardless. The important thing for a coach is to support him when he struggles and help him to develop his game in spite of those struggles. 

• Agree 2

Will be interesting to see the first injury report coming out later today for this week's game, on both sides. Steelers have several key defensive players who are banged up including Hayward and Fitzpatrick.

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Get your boombox ready and play this every time he throws one too:

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Highly anticipating today’s injury report. Hopefully Oliver and Phillips are 100% and ready to go.

I’d keep Phillips on the bench another week. Hammys suck.  We should blow this team out.  We don’t need him.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

49ers have the 2nd lowest blitz rate I believe at slightly under 9.5% of the time...same concept as us...get pressure with the front 4 and then play coverage

👍🏻 Other than having a stud QB, getting consistent pressure with 4 = the key to winning the SB

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is the point where somebody reminds you of the Jags game. It's the first law of TBD. "Remember the Jags."

Remember the Jags is nonsense.  I’ll give you 5 to 1 odds that we win this game if Phillips sits out.  

Hammys are rarely healed after 2.5 weeks.  They linger.  He’s an important player and I’d prefer him 💯 as opposed to 80%.  KC next week.  

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.