Soft on crime Democrats - the system is the problem?

Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

In the functioning moderate liberal world, people like Neely would be dealt with by trained professionals. 

But leftists got mad at the trained professionals so here we are. 

Arent leftists the ones pushing for cops to be replace with mental health therapists and such?

• Dislike 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Arent leftists the ones pushing for cops to be replace with mental health therapists and such?

Mental health therapists don’t intervene in this kind of situation *in a mental hospital.* What makes you think they’ll intervene on the street or in a subway?

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Mental health therapists don’t intervene in this kind of situation *in a mental hospital.* What makes you think they’ll intervene on the street or in a subway?

Why wouldn’t they intervene in a hospital where they have full jurisdiction to do so? 

I bet if you paid them to have jurisdiction on the streets and ensured they had some kind of backup, it would work. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Why wouldn’t they intervene in a hospital where they have full jurisdiction to do so? 

I bet if you paid them to have jurisdiction on the streets and ensured they had some kind of backup, it would work. 

They have “Dr. Strong” take care of it for them during a crisis. 

Note that by “intervene” I mean physically insert themselves into the crisis situation rather than extricate themselves. 

Edit to add: and even if your scenario were both effective and possible (it isn’t) then the same problem exists: response time. The average subway patron is not required to be an orderly in the open air asylum leftists (defund and defang police) and neocons (close the dedicated mental health facilities) have worked hand in hand to create. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, LeviF said:

They have “Dr. Strong” take care of it for them during a crisis. 

Note that by “intervene” I mean physically insert themselves into the crisis situation rather than extricate themselves. 

Edit to add: and even if your scenario were both effective and possible (it isn’t) then the same problem exists: response time. The average subway patron is not required to be an orderly in the open air asylum leftists (defund and defang police) and neocons (close the dedicated mental health facilities) have worked hand in hand to create. 

Well in my scenario, people with mental issues are removed to care before they get on the subway like this. Like, weeks before. 

The only policy of Eric Adams' that I agree with is the mandatory removal of mentally ill people to treatment centers. You cannot have disgusting methheads harassing people walking by. 

This of course does not mean you can choke them to death. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Well in my scenario, people with mental issues are removed to care before they get on the subway like this. Like, weeks before. 

The only policy of Eric Adams' that I agree with is the mandatory removal of mentally ill people to treatment centers. You cannot have disgusting methheads harassing people walking by. 

So you can't and don't support civilians, but you support the state "removed to care" of people.

LMAO

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah, if I had my druthers, the guy would have been in an asylum long ago if the chatter about his mental health is true. But this is another consequence of the ethos of "care" and "harm reduction" that we seem to have fallen into regarding addicts and the insane.

There are absolutely times where you may, under the letter of the law, kill someone, sometimes intentionally! What we do know about Neely is that he was often a threat to people on the train. I'm not sure if this was the case this time, but this case certainly has a higher likelihood of "defense of others" than do other homicide investigations.

Now generally I think that the residents of New York City are getting what's coming to them when they have their lives threatened by insane vagrants on public transportation. It's all part of that vibrant city life they've been asking for. The law doesn't quite feel the same way.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So you can't and don't support civilians, but you support the state "removed to care" of people.

LMAO

You got "I don't support civilians" from "I don't think you should murder people?" Strange. 

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You got "I don't support civilians" from "I don't think you should murder people?" Strange. 

its OK, next week you will be parroting talking points about some cops use of force on someone, vs a social worker or some BS.

This week you are for having the police just mass round up crazy, homeless. 

5 hours ago, Chris farley said:

its OK, next week you will be parroting talking points about some cops use of force on someone, vs a social worker or some BS.

This week you are for having the police just mass round up crazy, homeless. 

I am for strategies that give aid and assistance to people who do not have the agency to make decisions for themselves, yes. 

and also strategies where Mr. Vigilante doesn’t strangle people to death because he felt “uncomfortable.” 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Sickening.

Seethe and cope, rightoids 

• Eyeroll 1

The evidence that the left has already manufactured the "future" conservatives constantly warn about is abundant in this very thread.

Neely is a saint, a martyr, just like George Floyd. No matter your status, if you step in to stop him from pushing a woman onto the subway tracks or beating the hell out of an elderly woman you are committing the mortal sin of not permitting black crime, which is the legal and moral equivalent of Lynching™️

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Roundybout said:

you support anti lgbt people? I sure don’t that’s for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you support anti lgbt people? I sure don’t that’s for sure. 

Hating gays is only a crime if you’re White or Asian. Blacks, who nearly all by themselves got prop 8 passed in California, are unassailable in the leftist religion. 

Is it hypocrisy? No, because blacks are free from original sin (racism) and thus incapable of committing wrongthink. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

This is how we can treat cops now and it’s fine because this cop must clearly be racist.  

Imagine how they treat everyone else in society.  

That guy looks like he’s going to be a positive contributor to society.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

"Liberal activists" = Commies.

You know it’s strange, I’ve known a lot of “unhoused” people in my life. The vast majority of them slept in some combination of vehicles, friends’ couches, and shelters. Similarly, the vast majority of them were either working or earnestly seeking work and didn’t engage in flagrantly anti-social behaviors such as punching senior citizens or pushing women onto subway tracks. It’s almost as though being homeless does not make one a criminal vagrant. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Reassessed.  You leave them and never go back.  

I disagree.  The letter was perfect and puts the onus on allowing mentally ill people (back) on the streets on the pols.

On 5/5/2023 at 3:28 PM, Roundybout said:

I am for strategies that give aid and assistance to people who do not have the agency to make decisions for themselves, yes. 

where are these "strategies" at? as the criminally insane are more rampant all people hear is more money. more programs. i want, i would. you can be for whatever you want but what is going to protect a person today? while we wait for the lefts perfect hindsight solutions to every problem. problems that are prevalent in areas they have fully controlled for decades. the main difference is people do not have a right to defend themselves. the solution isn't around any corner but seem to stream out of people that never lift a finger to do anything about it themselves but are quick to judge people that do. sit and patiently wait and hopefully the outcome is not severe enough that you can mount a defense after damage is done. even then you may be prosecuted.

On 5/5/2023 at 3:28 PM, Roundybout said:

and also strategies where Mr. Vigilante doesn’t strangle people to death because he felt “uncomfortable.” 

Seethe and cope, rightoids 

im sure the old lady "felt uncomfortable" right before she got her orbital socket broken by that guy. you would have stood there and watched while delivering a prophecy of what should be done to stop this as that lady puts her face back together. 

you act as if these people deserve or intended to become violent that day. 3 people felt "uncomfortable" enough to wrestle and hold him down. 3! many more called the police while confined in a moving tin can with no escape. police, mental health officers NOONE that could make it on a moving train regardless. next time a story comes out where violence happened and there were threats and unhinged behavior right before it remember that cowards like yourself exist. i hope the father of your wife or gf understands your stance that standing up for others, even if it results in violence is the states problem and not yours.

Edited by Buffarukus

Activists blocking subway trains now. 

Good times.  I’m sure all the passengers trying to get to and from work, and stuck in the tunnels, are happy to sacrifice their day for performative clout chasers. 

Edited by SCBills

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

And there it is! Mask off, everyone!

as opposed to ignoring a relevant issue that needs addressing as it involves the loss of innocent lives. only  because it makes you uncomfortable.

keep the "mask on". it will work itself out eventually. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

as opposed to ignoring a relevant issue that needs addressing as it involves the loss of innocent lives. only  because it makes you uncomfortable.

keep the "mask on". it will work itself out eventually. 

What else would you expect?, these morons think math is racist… 

52 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What else would you expect?, these morons think math is racist… 

Nope. We KNOW proud boys,oath keepers , 3 percenters and many MAGAs r racist. Oh and neo nazis and KKK …all identify as red

Edited by redtail hawk

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

nobody knows about it. This is a local news story, not narrative enough. 

Shocker.  If it were the other way around the alphabet networks would be talking about it 24/7 and making it seem like it's happening daily. :rolleyes:

• Agree 1