What I hate most about the loss.

NewEra

On 9/26/2022 at 4:08 PM, RocCityRoller said:

Was the Hail Murray on Josh? Was 0:13 seconds on Josh? In both games Allen had the Bills with the lead when he walked off the field for the last time.

He is 9-15 in games decided by 7 or less.  None of them is St. Josh's fault.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, jkeerie said:

Why is it on Josh?  When you look at many of those losses, it was the defense that folded after Josh got us the lead.  Yesterday....I will discount because it was just a freakish day and Josh had little help from his oline and his receivers were gassed.

Josh is 9-15 in games decided by 7 or less.  Not good enough.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, nedboy7 said:

calling to fire the coach or claiming Josh isn’t elite is not really criticism. 

Josh is 9-15 in games decided by 7 or less.  Puts him behind Brady, Rogers, and Mahomes.  

• Eyeroll 1

On 9/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, jkeerie said:

Why is it on Josh?  When you look at many of those losses, it was the defense that folded after Josh got us the lead.  Yesterday....I will discount because it was just a freakish day and Josh had little help from his oline and his receivers were gassed.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, No_Matter_What said:

You either don't understand what small sample size is or understimate its effect. I don't blame you, most people don't get it.

I am pretty certain that Josh will win a lot of close games for us in the future, including some big ones.

I give you that he failed at the end yesterday. He hits McKenzie for easy TD, we likely win. But that is also just one of the many many things which if they go differently, we win.

Here's a better sample size.  For his career he is 9-15 in games decided by 7 or less.  

• Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

Josh is 9-15 in games decided by 7 or less.  Puts him behind Brady, Rogers, and Mahomes.  

This does not explain why Josh is responsible for all the losses.  Last I heard football is a team sport.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, LeGOATski said:

It feels like the first loss to the Pats last season.

I am more sure we will get them in the rematch than if we destroyed them with our starters Sunday.  That roster we were down to in the second half was pretty dreadful and we still should’ve pulled it out.  

1 hour ago, TN Bills Fan said:

I hope he spitefully stops blowing teams out just to adhere to this silly metric. I doubt Brady,mahomes, and rodgers had a run of 20 consecutive two + score wins.  We are reaching historic levels.  He’s had plenty of clutch should be game winning drives that the defense blew too…ala cardinals game and chiefs playoffs game.

Bucs game he was great and we got hosed on that uncalled pi against diggs in the end zone that would’ve won us the game…josh was plenty clutch in that one.  

pats cheapshotted him his rookie year and he missed the tail end of the potential game winning drive. 

You really gonna hold those against him?

josh is extremely clutch imo,  it’s the defense that’s great until an absolutely key moment then can’t make the play 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, TN Bills Fan said:

Whats his record in games decided by 10 or more?

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I am more sure we will get them in the rematch than if we destroyed them with our starters Sunday.  That roster we were down to in the second half was pretty dreadful and we still should’ve pulled it out.  

I hope he spitefully stops blowing teams out just to adhere to this silly metric. I doubt Brady,mahomes, and rodgers had a run of 20 consecutive two + score wins.  We are reaching historic levels.  He’s had plenty of clutch should be game winning drives that the defense blew too…ala cardinals game and chiefs playoffs game.

Bucs game he was great and we got hosed on that uncalled pi against diggs in the end zone that would’ve won us the game…josh was plenty clutch in that one.  

pats cheapshotted him his rookie year and he missed the tail end of the potential game winning drive. 

You really gonna hold those against him?

josh is extremely clutch imo,  it’s the defense that’s great until an absolutely key moment then can’t make the play 

Letting teams score a few more garbage time TDs is the answer to all our problems.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

This does not explain why Josh is responsible for all the losses.  Last I heard football is a team sport.

I agree. Do note though that the NFL doesn’t market it like this and neither do the pundits.

I always wonder why it is dubbed as Allen vs Mahomes or Rogers vs Brady and stats are bandied about regarding head to heads. Not like QBs see the field at the same time…go to a tennis court if you want HTH to have any meaning (and even there it is over-valued).

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2022 at 9:54 PM, ScottLaw said:

They were getting jack ***** in the running game… they tried to run it early with no success. Seemed like every running attempt was a loss behind the LOS or stuff at the LOS.

I don't get it!  It seemed like so many Bills fans here were posting about how much better the run game and O line will be with the new line coach, Kromer? Was supposedly a big upgrade.

The run game with the RBs was working well at the end of last season and the line did a really good job in pass blocking, protecting Allen. The Bills RBs are more than good enough to get the job done as they showed last season.

I get that by the end of the Miami game they had O line 3rd stringers out there. But, like you stated the line couldn't block to save their lives early on. The run game suffered because the RB's had no holes and were getting tackled as soon as they touched the ball. 

2018 all over again...

I know Josh Allen is a unicorn and you want the ball in his hands as much as possible. Still, in order to be a balanced team they need to find a way to get that run game going as there might be games like the Jags game last season in which the QB was under so much duress he had no time to throw! Or a windstorm like that Patriots game.

The Bills do play in Buffalo and at the end of the season should they get home field... it would really stink to lose at home because they can't run it in the snow. They had better get the run game fixed. 

What I like most about this loss: we dominated a pretty good team missing basically half our regulars due to injury/fatigue. It took a confluence of events - a comedy of errors - for us to give the game away and seize defeat from the jaws of victory. 

We can whine about bad injury luck and our penchent for losing close games, but the truth is we're so ***** good it takes miracles for the other (good) teams to win. 

Edited by VW82

This bengals game was proof that the injury bug is gonna cost every team a game at some point…Miami hung around without tua but the floodgates opened once Howard went down.  Evened out some of the good fortune the dolphins have seen with injured opponents so far 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

23 hours ago, Rat-boy said:

I agree. Do note though that the NFL doesn’t market it like this and neither do the pundits.

I always wonder why it is dubbed as Allen vs Mahomes or Rogers vs Brady and stats are bandied about regarding head to heads. Not like QBs see the field at the same time…go to a tennis court if you want HTH to have any meaning (and even there it is over-valued).

Exactly 

josh isn’t playing corner when mahomes is out there

IT IS THE ULTIMATE TEAM GAME

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

I don't get it!  It seemed like so many Bills fans here were posting about how much better the run game and O line will be with the new line coach, Kromer? Was supposedly a big upgrade.

The run game with the RBs was working well at the end of last season and the line did a really good job in pass blocking, protecting Allen. The Bills RBs are more than good enough to get the job done as they showed last season.

I get that by the end of the Miami game they had O line 3rd stringers out there. But, like you stated the line couldn't block to save their lives early on. The run game suffered because the RB's had no holes and were getting tackled as soon as they touched the ball. 

2018 all over again...

I know Josh Allen is a unicorn and you want the ball in his hands as much as possible. Still, in order to be a balanced team they need to find a way to get that run game going as there might be games like the Jags game last season in which the QB was under so much duress he had no time to throw! Or a windstorm like that Patriots game.

The Bills do play in Buffalo and at the end of the season should they get home field... it would really stink to lose at home because they can't run it in the snow. They had better get the run game fixed. 

Thank God Josh can throw through snow or rain better than any QB alive 

We’re not getting ran over for 200 yards when it matters… It’s gonna come down to the quarterbacks arm 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.