What I hate most about the loss.

NewEra

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

ok...

Both teams were gassed.  But no matter the weather-----it allowed them to run upon 500 yards!  They blew many chances--not because they were hot.

Sitting in the sun is not the same as sitting in the shade.  It has a much different impact.  No? 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sitting in the sun is not the same as sitting in the shade.  It has a much different impact.  No? 

If you don’t realize and appreciate the impact this had on the game, you are either completely ignorant, or you just want to whine. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The inability to stop the clock at the end, poor snap at the half, the missed FG, the 3rd and 22, the Gabe drop, the Allen short hopping passes, the lack of anyone outside of Moss' one run doing anything on offense out of Josh. Lots of plays cost us but we still had a chance because despite all those bad we still thoroughly out played the Dolphins.  The pregame injuries hurt the in game injuries hurt more but it happens. What we do following is going to mark the season not this one game.

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you don’t realize and appreciate the impact this had on the game, you are either completely ignorant, or you just want to whine. 

That sums up pretty much WEO’s entire existence here imo.  

more so the just wanting to whine about others whining.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Is that Miami fans get to enjoy the win.  That’s really the only thing that upsets me.  We were the better team yesterday but the football gods decided it wasn’t our day to get a win.

We completely dominated the game

497 yards 31 first downs.  90 plays

212 yards 15 first downs.  39 plays

-Missed fg.

-Sack/fumble led to easy 7

-We started the game extremely short handed suffered several more injuries.

-3rd and 22 bomb to waddle was 25% of their offense for the day.

-Milano dropped pick 6.

-due to the stadium and the weather, we played at a serious disadvantage the entire game.  
- the fins corners didn’t commit one holding/pi on 63 pass attempts. Sure 

- the fins got away with several cheap shots on Allen while allen gets caught for 15 on the most crucial drive of the game.

Give the Miami D credit for bending but not breaking.  They played great red zone d.  Howard and holland are studs.  McDaniel will be there for 20+ years.  But make no mistake who the better team was yesterday and is overall.  All great teams lose games they’re supposed to win (minus one team, one season).  

I ain’t worried about anything but injuries….. and posters making threads highlighting our resilience to injury. 

What do you hate most about the loss?

U forgot the Davis dropped TD and the Allen miss throw to Mckenzie for a TD . Josh was thinking about making a perfect throw and aim it instead of just throwing it 

• Agree 1

just get a running game.  63 attempts is ridiculous.  90 plays to 39 is ridiculous.  With that time of posession a decent back would shred that worn out defense in the 4th quarter.  This whole forum just applauds the Cook pick til it becomes obvious.  Ya gotta have someone that can get ya a yard in a cloud of dust when absolutely needed.  Somebody that doesnt wear 17. The pee wee stable needs a little more bulk...keep one and ditch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Everything went wrong for us, and they won by 2 at their place. I’m not predicting it, but if healthy I would not be shocked if we beat them by 30+ at our place. 

I agree, and despite it all, we should have beat them yesterday. The Dolphins know that they escaped with a win.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

U forgot the Davis dropped TD and the Allen miss throw to Mckenzie for a TD . Josh was thinking about making a perfect throw and aim it instead of just throwing it 

I think it was part aim, part exhaustion 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Is that Miami fans get to enjoy the win.  That’s really the only thing that upsets me.  We were the better team yesterday but the football gods decided it wasn’t our day to get a win.

-Missed fg.

-Milano dropped pick 6.

-due to the stadium and the weather, we played at a serious disadvantage the entire game.  

- the fins got away with several cheap shots on Allen while allen gets caught for 15 on the most crucial drive of the game.

Give the Miami D credit for bending but not breaking.  They played great red zone d.  Howard and holland are studs.  McDaniel will be there for 20+ years.  But make no mistake who the better team was yesterday and is overall.  All great teams lose games they’re supposed to win (minus one team, one season).  

I ain’t worried about anything but injuries….. and posters making threads highlighting our resilience to injury. 

As you point out, this game was completely one-sided even though half our team was injured and we made a lot of mistakes and the refs jobbed us at every opportunity. Miami fans can enjoy their Week 3 climax to the season. We had a couple of those against the Pats during the drought era so I know how they feel.

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

-Missed fg.

-Milano dropped pick 6.

Can't argue with none of that.

Oh, and you forgot on a short week because we played MNF 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.