Jump to content

Beane’s Offensive Negligence


IronMaidenBills
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not, it’s showing why bother with defense (Elam, Benford, Hamlin, Johnson, etc) when they can’t guard when it really matters. Might as well build an unstoppable offensive and get in shutouts. 


Because we’ve given up a lot of points all year.  
 

We need to win shootouts because we give up like 13 points per game!!

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Again there is an element of overreaction here. But I have been prettt consistent in saying I didn't think they had done enough on the OL. They ended up with 3 backups in, I get it, but even before that the OL was rough today. 

 

That is 4 of our last 7 losses regular and post season where the offense has had the ball at the end with a chance to win the game and OL breakdowns have sunk the drive. 

 

It is a pattern.


We started the game down 1 OL, lost a second one early.  Injuries were the bigger problem.  Then we would lose 3 more before end of game. 
 

No one had an issue with the OL play in first 2 weeks against 2 of the bet DLs in football.  
 

So yeah, everyone is over reacting to the OL today when we had 5 total get hurt for one game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Again there is an element of overreaction here. But I have been prettt consistent in saying I didn't think they had done enough on the OL. They ended up with 3 backups in, I get it, but even before that the OL was rough today. 

 

That is 4 of our last 7 losses regular and post season where the offense has had the ball at the end with a chance to win the game and OL breakdowns have sunk the drive. 

 

It is a pattern.


We can’t run the ball properly. It’s affecting Allen and he’s been covering up this sorry excuse of a line for years now. We are just lucky that Allen can nearly transcend it all, but it’s a complete travesty that we have put him through this Bs. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:


Offensive line has been neglected and now Allen showing signs of battle wounds (wrist). The fact we haven’t protected our best player ever is a travesty in its own right. 

 

I will make it clear here that I don't agree with everything you have said in this thread, but on this point... you are correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:


We started the game down 1 OL, lost a second one early.  Injuries were the bigger problem.  Then we would lose 3 more before end of game. 
 

No one had an issue with the OL play in first 2 weeks against 2 of the bet DLs in football.  
 

So yeah, everyone is over reacting to the OL today when we had 5 total get hurt for one game.  


Don’t pretend the offensive line magically was playing well, they weren’t. Allen has completely masked this crap show and now it’s showing to be overwhelming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:


Offensive line has been neglected and now Allen showing signs of battle wounds (wrist). The fact we haven’t protected our best player ever is a travesty in its own right. 

100%. I know the chiefs lost today but they’ve done an absolutely way better job than us at protecting Mahomes. Took Humphrey (Beanes biggest miss) and got brown, Thuney, etc. Complete rebuild in 1 year while our line still just completely sucks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:


We started the game down 1 OL, lost a second one early.  Injuries were the bigger problem.  Then we would lose 3 more before end of game. 
 

No one had an issue with the OL play in first 2 weeks against 2 of the bet DLs in football.  
 

So yeah, everyone is over reacting to the OL today when we had 5 total get hurt for one game.  

 

Actually I did...  I didn't think the Oline played very well on Monday night either. I still think healthy it is the weakest unit on this football team. Josh covers up so much of it. Put even a top 10 or 12 guy like Carr behind this line and he gets killed.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:


We can’t run the ball properly. It’s affecting Allen and he’s been covering up this sorry excuse of a line for years now. We are just lucky that Allen can nearly transcend it all, but it’s a complete travesty that we have put him through this Bs. 

I have the quad box up watching the 4 pm window. Even teams like the jags can run the ball. It’s insane how bad our line is. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

Doesn't help that Oliver and Phillips were missing

That’s true, I’m not dismissing the defensive injuries, but we could have won today and Allen could stay in the pocket for a change. He is literally almost every play moving to throw. We are so lucky that Allen has been able to do it this long. Imagine if we had the colts Oline?? We can’t establish a run when it matters either. It’s been an ongoing issue. If our next draft isn’t like 4 o-linemen and a safety, then Allen doesn’t deserve this team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:


We started the game down 1 OL, lost a second one early.  Injuries were the bigger problem.  Then we would lose 3 more before end of game. 
 

No one had an issue with the OL play in first 2 weeks against 2 of the bet DLs in football.  
 

So yeah, everyone is over reacting to the OL today when we had 5 total get hurt for one game.  

I thought the offensive line struggled a bit against the Titans… they couldn’t run the ball for ***** against them… today they were even worse.

 

Just a bad game all around. McD continues to be awful in game day management… 0-8 in the last 8 one score games says it all.

  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a point in this game where we literally had zero OL ready to go from the bench. If Mancz or Doyle had been injured we would not have been able to field an 11 man offense, think about that. This is one of many reasons I am burning this game from my mind.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:


Don’t pretend the offensive line magically was playing well, they weren’t. Allen has completely masked this crap show and now it’s showing to be overwhelming. 


OL played fine before injuries first 2 weeks, you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  
 

I’m confused how you’re even allowed to start threads anymore.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Disagree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...