Beane’s Offensive Negligence

Milanos Milano

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

They didn’t though. The ball was out of Josh’s hand like lightning. 

Oh so the OL held the offense back huh?  In the game where we pulled our starting offense in the 3rd quarter because we were up so many points.  

Got it.  

Just now, White Linen said:

I get what you're saying and agree with a lot of it but we had real chances to win this game despite the challenges.   We have to start taking these games when they are given to us. 

I don’t disagree with that at all

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Josh has a good amount of responsibility for this loss.  He's awesome but he's not complete yet.  Brady steps on your neck if you expose it to him.  Josh must learn this.  

The guy has won 20 straight games by double digits. I'm pretty sure he's learned how to be a savage and put teams away. 

The Patriots and the Dolphins can credit both of their narrow victories primarily to Mother Nature, not to anything they did on the field. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh so the OL held the offense back huh?  In the game where we pulled our starting offense in the 3rd quarter because we were up so many points.  

Got it.  

I don’t disagree with that at all

We took our own Oline out of the equation by getting the ball out as fast as we could and it worked. I’m assuming Davis was not 100% because he couldn’t separate worth crap. McKenzie is proving to not be reliable enough. They are good enough if we had a better Oline, but we don’t. Our Oline is going to be the reason we don’t win a super bowl if we don’t make it. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why is it so hard for them to bring us real offensive linemen? We haven’t taken a 1st or 2nd round WR in how long? We deal with injuries and this is what we get, Allen with no time to throw and he’s going to end up getting hurt by it. Don’t get me wrong, Allen scrambling for yards is ok in some situations, but sidestepping on nearly every play because of trash blocking is going to get him killed eventually. If this next draft isn’t dedicated to multiple linemen, a WR and a S, then they get what they deserve. 

You're right about Allen running around, he escapes so many would be sacks. 

They've been living on the edge on the interior offensive line for a while now, starting journeyman and living with Morse. 

I do think you make a good point at WR - it's high up the list on Draft needs. 

Ultimately, I think the Bills did this to themselves today. Dorsey not getting the plays in fast enough, for some reason we became obsessed with delayed handoffs, the play calling on the goal line was poor, Diggs missing in the second half outside of one catch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You're right about Allen running around, he escapes so many would be sacks. 

They've been living on the edge on the interior offensive line for a while now, starting journeyman and living with Morse. 

I do think you make a good point at WR - it's high up the list on Draft needs. 

Ultimately, I think the Bills did this to themselves today. Dorsey not getting the plays in fast enough, for some reason we became obsessed with delayed handoffs, the play calling on the goal line was poor, Diggs missing in the second half outside of one catch. 

I don’t really blame Dorsey though. We lack a professional RB and a professional Oline. It’s the Josh Allen and Diggs show. We have Kumerow (f n Kumerow running routes). Now we have Allen hurt with a potential wrist issue. All because Beane couldn’t protect his best player this franchise has ever seen. But nah, he will just draft Ford. Lol 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The offensive line sucked all game today from the start… and like gunner said, I didn’t think it played well against the Titans last week.

Allen masks it all. What he’s managed to do is a Herculean feat on its own right. You can’t mask 3rd stringers though and I don’t blame him. Teams take 1st and 2nd round Oline ALL the time, except us lol and when we do, it’s Ford! 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

13 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

The guy has won 20 straight games by double digits. I'm pretty sure he's learned how to be a savage and put teams away. 

The Patriots and the Dolphins can credit both of their narrow victories primarily to Mother Nature, not to anything they did on the field. 

If they adapt better to conditions than we do then that's just an extra question for the coaches and players to answer.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird, considering the offense was pulled in the 3rd for scoring too many points.  

You’ve got an interesting definition of holding them back.  

DESPITE the Oline. We have been able to mask our starting Oline up until today because now we have 3rd stringers. Even Allen isn’t good enough for that, nobody is. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird, considering the offense was pulled in the 3rd for scoring too many points.  

You’ve got an interesting definition of holding them back.  

Josh overcame them last week.

Did you notice Van Roten botching every other snap?

Did you notice the Bills getting next to zero push on short yardage?

If your argument is that the Bills OL played well against the Titans, we watched different games. Period.

We also pulled our starters after the DEFENSE scored a TD.  You know, the defense that allowed 7 points all game?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

DESPITE the Oline. We have been able to mask our starting Oline up until today because now we have 3rd stringers. Even Allen isn’t good enough for that, nobody is. 

No OL is good when playing 3rd stringers.  Geezus, how is this a struggle for you?  

23 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

No I’m sorry but Josh single handedly kept this game close. Yeah, he had a few bad passes especially the miss to McKenzie but the guy was a friggin warrior and did everything remotely possible to win this game. If he gets any kind of help from the O or special teams it’s a W. 

And I have no problem with Allen ripping Wilkins helmet off after Wilkins grabbed him in the junk and dragged him down. The Dolphins were friggin dirty, multiple times and the refs let them do it. I didn’t see anything concerning about Allen’s play I mean my god he had 400 yards passing and 47 rushing what more do you want? He can’t play flawless football, his guys have to step up like he did and make a friggin play.

Yes they were dirty and Josh is certainly the best thing we've probably ever had.  But he lost his composure and had he not, we would likely have won.  

• Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Josh overcame them last week.

Did you notice Van Roten botching every other snap?

Did you notice the Bills getting next to zero push on short yardage?

If your argument is that the Bills OL played well against the Titans, we watched different games. Period.

We also pulled our starters after the DEFENSE scored a TD.  You know, the defense that allowed 7 points all game?

Van Roten is a backup!  That’s the point.  He is terrible.  INJURIES…

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

No OL is good when playing 3rd stringers.  Geezus, how is this a struggle for you?  

But it’s because we haven’t drafted young healthy Oline to be resilient enough to handle the nfl. We have old dudes that are basically washed up at this point outside of Brown and Schnow. Zero young depth. And when we do we draft crap like Ford. 

23 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Josh is amazing and I love his tenacious way of playing.   But he lost focus a few times and he could have pulled us out of this ugly game with a win.

• Agree 1

Injuries aside the guard play has been awful this season and Spencer Brown is playing himself out of a job - and he’s the only Beane draft pick in the starting five.  Inexcusable.

Also insanely dumb are the rostering decisions - activating all the RBs and only five WRs on a day where one of your receivers is coming in injured and the game plan apparently calls for passing the ball SIXTY TIMES.  Beane and McD, I know we all love them but they are a couple of gym teachers.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.