Beane’s Offensive Negligence

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Look, I understand heat & injuries really made this a s*** show for us today, but you're still 100% right about the O-line.

This is something Josh Allen has helped cover up for the past few years, but this team has barely invested anything in upgrading this line. All they do is look to patch it up each off-season, with mid-level vets & late round picks. They prioritize "flexibility" & guys who can be a Swiss army knife filling holes, rather than elite talent at their respective position.

It's part of the reason we can't run the ball, regardless of who the RB's are. James Cook might be amazing, but we'll never know his true potential with this line. Allen dancing around pressure & scrambling helps keep their sack numbers low, but they're mediocre group at BEST.

I can’t like this post enough. Josh covers up so many warts but he can’t dodge everything. When they whiff bad stuff happens and can be game changing turnovers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Just goes to show you offensive negligence is catching up. 

I got news for you - ANY team that goes into the game minus their Center who's one of their top Lineman than loses their RT to heat illness, their backup Center to injury, and their RG to a head injury is going to be in a bad spot.

The Line was very good the first two games and it's not like we have a bad Offensive Line with a Pro Bowl LT, a Pro Bowl LG, and one of the top Center's in Football. 

Your argument is moot today.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why is it so hard for them to bring us real offensive linemen? We haven’t taken a 1st or 2nd round WR in how long? We deal with injuries and this is what we get, Allen with no time to throw and he’s going to end up getting hurt by it. Don’t get me wrong, Allen scrambling for yards is ok in some situations, but sidestepping on nearly every play because of trash blocking is going to get him killed eventually. If this next draft isn’t dedicated to multiple linemen, a WR and a S, then they get what they deserve. 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Let’s draft more defensive linemen so we can lose on 3rd and 22nd for the millionth time! 

These are contradictory statements 😂

Again there is an element of overreaction here. But I have been prettt consistent in saying I didn't think they had done enough on the OL. They ended up with 3 backups in, I get it, but even before that the OL was rough today. 

That is 4 of our last 7 losses regular and post season where the offense has had the ball at the end with a chance to win the game and OL breakdowns have sunk the drive. 

It is a pattern.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Merry Christmas!  It’s negative day for you!  Bet you’re excited!

the doom gloom threads will die down if not fed. I cant even keep up with who is Healthy right now much less who is injured after this game.  what a debacle.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Not really, livid watching Allen grinding into oblivion so we can rotate linemen that can’t get home outside of Rousseau and Miller. 

You mean having 5 OL hurt.  If you don’t pay attention during games, don’t start posting nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why is it so hard for them to bring us real offensive linemen? We haven’t taken a 1st or 2nd round WR in how long? We deal with injuries and this is what we get, Allen with no time to throw and he’s going to end up getting hurt by it. Don’t get me wrong, Allen scrambling for yards is ok in some situations, but sidestepping on nearly every play because of trash blocking is going to get him killed eventually. If this next draft isn’t dedicated to multiple linemen, a WR and a S, then they get what they deserve. 

Seriously with this garbage?

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Look, I understand heat & injuries really made this a s*** show for us today, but you're still 100% right about the O-line.

This is something Josh Allen has helped cover up for the past few years, but this team has barely invested anything in upgrading this line. All they do is look to patch it up each off-season, with mid-level vets & late round picks. They prioritize "flexibility" & guys who can be a Swiss army knife filling holes, rather than elite talent at their respective position.

It's part of the reason we can't run the ball, regardless of who the RB's are. James Cook might be amazing, but we'll never know his true potential with this line. Allen dancing around pressure & scrambling helps keep their sack numbers low, but they're mediocre group at BEST.

Offensive line has been neglected and now Allen showing signs of battle wounds (wrist). The fact we haven’t protected our best player ever is a travesty in its own right. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.