Anyone ever get Covid twice?

Draconator

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was just having this conversation last night. Knock on wood .. not only have I not had Covid, I haven’t had so much as the sniffles since pre-Covid. 

I have friends and loved ones who’ve had their asses kicked by Covid, So I do consider myself lucky and fortunate. 

I am vaxxed with one booster and will very likely get a 2nd booster prior to winter. 

Typhoid Gugny, spreading it around tailgates everywhere!

Thank you for your contribution to herd immunity, passing that nasty all over town!

I suspect I’ve had it more than the 2 times I’m sure of. In the old days I never would have missed a minute of work or school for my symptoms last time around. Only a strange fatigue led me to test before my annual eye appointment. I like my eye doctor too much to expose her to that.  A couple other times I had a strangely lingering mild cough, but felt fine otherwise. Strange. 

Edited by Augie

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was just having this conversation last night. Knock on wood .. not only have I not had Covid, I haven’t had so much as the sniffles since pre-Covid. 

I have friends and loved ones who’ve had their asses kicked by Covid, So I do consider myself lucky and fortunate. 

I am vaxxed with one booster and will very likely get a 2nd booster prior to winter. 

You have had it, but probably just didn’t know. At this point, unless you are in a bubble, statistically you almost had to have it.

The recent CDC stats re kids and Covid pretty much re-affirmed this— in many states, over 90% of kids have it, even though the reported data was much lower.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/covid-kids-test-positive-cdc-at-home-20220819.html?outputType=amp

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You have had it, but probably just didn’t know. At this point, unless you are in a bubble, statistically you almost had to have it.

The recent CDC stats re kids and Covid pretty much re-affirmed this— in many states, over 90% of kids have it, even though the reported data was much lower.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/covid-kids-test-positive-cdc-at-home-20220819.html?outputType=amp

I tend to agree. When Covid first hit, I was in an office with 60 people and we never missed a day, as we were deemed “essential,” and we had more than a few outbreaks. At one point, 20% of the office was out with positive tests and/or exposure. 

I’ve just never felt unwell, so no need to ever be tested. 

I also followed all of the CDC guidelines and stayed at home (when not working) when it was recommended to do so. 

Since January of this year, I’ve been working from home, so I’m sure that helps. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I tend to agree. When Covid first hit, I was in an office with 60 people and we never missed a day, as we were deemed “essential,” and we had more than a few outbreaks. At one point, 20% of the office was out with positive tests and/or exposure. 

I’ve just never felt unwell, so no need to ever be tested. 

I also followed all of the CDC guidelines and stayed at home (when not working) when it was recommended to do so. 

Since January of this year, I’ve been working from home, so I’m sure that helps. 

i am the same in terms of numerous close contacts, and not testing positive for a long time. I had my kids—who were positive— breathing into my face and sharing food with me. My wife had it too. My co-workers too. Yet still negative! 

It was sort of a bit of a relief when I got my first totally unambiguous positive test in early July with symptoms. I was like, “okay, finally I know for sure i have had it!”

“More than two years after COVID began, millions of survivors say they still don't feel right. Brain fog, difficulty breathing, and intense fatigue are among the symptoms they say are still lingering in their bodies -- upending their ability to work and derailing their financial independence.”

”Vaccination is expected to significantly reduce a person's chance of developing long COVID.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/mans-land-long-covid-knocks-young-workers-job/story?id=89064127&cid=social_twitter_abcnp

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fully vaccinated with one booster.  My personal choice and everyone has differing opinions and I respect that.

I got it in August 2021 whilst on a family vacation on Saranac Lake.  I just had very minor cold symptoms.  My sister and nephew also got it.  My sister had harsher symptoms, but nothing too crazy.  Lost her senses of taste and smell for a couple weeks.  Nephew was fine.

I got it again last month and HOLY HELL I was more sick than I have ever been in my life.  I woke up early in the morning feeling nauseous and vomited for about 20 minutes.  I also had the worst case of bronchitis type symptoms I’ve ever experienced.  I didn’t eat or sleep for 4 solid days.  Could barely keep down water.  By day three I was so weak and dehydrated I was fairly sure I was going to end up in the hospital.  Fortunately, I started to feel substantially better on the 5th day so I could at least hold water down and eat some soup.  Residual symptoms (mainly fatigue) lasted for a few weeks and that was annoying.

I’m not the type that makes a fuss about the COVID vaccine.  Get it or don’t get it.  I don’t GAF and I don’t care to talk about it ever, really.  But to those who say that it’s just like having a bad cold or the seasonal flu…you haven’t had it bad and you’re lucky.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

... not only have I not had Covid, I haven’t had so much as the sniffles since pre-Covid. 

I could have typed every word in this post. We the lucky ones.... 👍

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

How could I have had it but not know?  I've not had anything that even resembles a cough or cold in nearly three years.  

4 hours ago, Simon said:

I could have typed every word in this post. We the lucky ones.... 👍

I don't know man.  I kind of feel left out.  Like the only virgin in college.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

“More than two years after COVID began, millions of survivors say they still don't feel right. Brain fog, difficulty breathing, and intense fatigue are among the symptoms they say are still lingering in their bodies -- upending their ability to work and derailing their financial independence.”

”Vaccination is expected to significantly reduce a person's chance of developing long COVID.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/mans-land-long-covid-knocks-young-workers-job/story?id=89064127&cid=social_twitter_abcnp

Yea i went a year after getting it not feeling 100%, it wasn't really till this past summer I have finally felt like my old self.

I had hard time sleeping, aches I never felt after work before and for some reason after I got Covid the first time I can no longer eat eggs.

Edited by TBBills

AND the thing is.  Most sickness is spread when symptoms are presenting.  The insidious thing about Da Covids is that it is most contagious 24-72 hours before symptoms present. .. Many don't even present. 

So... When you're sick, you know to stay away. 

I only tested once.  Positive in June.   I wouldn't even had blinked an eye years ago. Missed work,  etc... It wasn't that bad, Been through soooo much worse years ago.  I only tested because I had people coming to visit and felt morally obligated to test since I did feel a bit ill AND because my wife was really sick.

Something to think about... People spreading and not knowing.   My brother died from it in 2020. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't know man.  I kind of feel left out.  Like the only virgin in college

I'd considered getting it intentionally a couple times, but when my wife had it and I took zero precautions and still didn't pick it up, forget it.

I’ve gotten vaxxed. 2 initial, 2 boosters. Prob get next booster next month.

i likeky had Covid before it was established.

historically any new diseases, especially those similar to existing ones, take 6-22 months to be identified.

in august-September of 3019 I had a weird cough. I have asthma.  This was different.  It lasted about 7 weeks. Luckily the cough I had didn’t induce an asthma attack.  In my ear 20s I got 2 different chest colds that led toa perforated lung and a trip to the ICU at buffalo general.

i went through some tests for pneumonia but those were negative.  

my symptoms were very consistent with early forms of it but milder because the virus hadn’t gotten stronger.

something else occurred,I had to get a CT scan with contrast. They happened to catch something in the lungs.  The CT scan revealed lung scaring consistent with where the cough appeared to occur and consistent with lung damage in others.

i had it this past march after a weekend of living like covid never existed.  i even told my wife that if i don't get covid after that weekend, i'm never getting it.  sure enough by that tuesday i had symptoms.  not bad.  3 days of feeling lousy, and if i didn't know covid existed, i likely would have taken day quill and gone to work.  i was vaxed and boosted, but not since october.

i'll likely get a booster this fall when i get a flu shot.  i'm just too in people's faces not to.  about 5 years ago, i was absolutely destroyed by the flu.  one week of not being able to get out of bed.  the next week i went back to work, but couldn't breathe.  i developed pneumonia as a result of the flu, but felt great in comparison.  i felt much better the week after that, but was completely fatigued for another week or two.  an entire month of my life was spent sick, and that's something i'm completely not used to.  for me getting the booster is hopefully avoiding that, and not missing work.  i just can't afford to be sick for weeks again.

viruses are weird.  they can barely hit you, or you can be completely leveled.  i just heard too many stories about healthy people being sick for weeks.  from a work standpoint...forget it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:47 PM, PastaJoe said:

Sorry, I thought you had a legitimate question and not a political statement. Take your anti-science comments to PPP. I don’t want to get suspended for replying.

The problem with the vaccine has been how they presented it. At first it was you will never get it if vaxxed, which turned into you get it but won't die , then you could die from it, then you get it but  don't spread it, which turned into you get it but can spread it and here we are.  The changing of the message cause quite a bit of lack of confidence in it. Plus, they could never admit that healthy people weren't getting very sick from the virus. Sure, there were some in the beginning but once they found the best way to treat it if you were healthy you had little risk.  We travelled all over the country chasing nursing covid contracts.

I currently have covid right now for the 3rd time. Had originial may of 2020, then summer of 21, and this one. Wife likely got it last week treating a pysch patient in the icu who was positive and very aggressive and a spitter.  He wasn't in there for covid but just had it. Funny thing is the only people she has been treating in the icu exclusively for covid are 4th boosted patients.  They haven't had a non vaxxed person in the icu in 6 months yet dozens with 4th booster all summer. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.