Anyone ever get Covid twice?

Draconator

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

The problem with the vaccine has been how they presented it. At first it was you will never get it if vaxxed, which turned into you get it but won't die , then you could die from it, then you get it but  don't spread it, which turned into you get it but can spread it and here we are.  The changing of the message cause quite a bit of lack of confidence in it. Plus, they could never admit that healthy people weren't getting very sick from the virus. Sure, there were some in the beginning but once they found the best way to treat it if you were healthy you had little risk.  We travelled all over the country chasing nursing covid contracts.

I currently have covid right now for the 3rd time. Had originial may of 2020, then summer of 21, and this one. Wife likely got it last week treating a pysch patient in the icu who was positive and very aggressive and a spitter.  He wasn't in there for covid but just had it. Funny thing is the only people she has been treating in the icu exclusively for covid are 4th boosted patients.  They haven't had a non vaxxed person in the icu in 6 months yet dozens with 4th booster all summer. 

You neglect to point out that the variants were the factor that changed the effectiveness of the original vaccine. All of your statements about it were true at various stages. That is why there have been modifications to the vaccines and boosters to keep up with the variants. But the continued truth has been that those who are vaccinated have a far greater chance of mild symptoms and a far less chance of hospitalizations and deaths, which have mostly been among the unvaccinated.

Edited by PastaJoe
  • Like (+1) 2

In 2011 my wife became very ill.  High fever, terrible night sweats, lungs filled with fluid, many of the same symptoms of Covid. It was horrible.  Thought she was going to die. This lasted 3 months. They were unable to diagnose it at all. They drained her lungs twice with the second time pulling a liter of fluid and said if it didn’t get better after that to rush her to the ER.  Well that cleared it up and no issues since. 🤷🏻‍♂️

22 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

You neglect to point out that the variants were the factor that changed the effectiveness of the original vaccine. All of your statements about it were true at various stages. That is why there have been modifications to the vaccines and boosters to keep up with the variants. But the continued truth has been that those who are vaccinated have a far greater chance of mild symptoms and a far less chance of hospitalizations and deaths, which have mostly been among the unvaccinated.

i wasn't speaking to the variants. I was speaking just in the first 6 month the vaccine was out. 

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

The problem with the vaccine has been how they presented it. At first it was you will never get it if vaxxed, which turned into you get it but won't die , then you could die from it, then you get it but  don't spread it, which turned into you get it but can spread it and here we are.  The changing of the message cause quite a bit of lack of confidence in it. Plus, they could never admit that healthy people weren't getting very sick from the virus. Sure, there were some in the beginning but once they found the best way to treat it if you were healthy you had little risk.  We travelled all over the country chasing nursing covid contracts.

I currently have covid right now for the 3rd time. Had originial may of 2020, then summer of 21, and this one. Wife likely got it last week treating a pysch patient in the icu who was positive and very aggressive and a spitter.  He wasn't in there for covid but just had it. Funny thing is the only people she has been treating in the icu exclusively for covid are 4th boosted patients.  They haven't had a non vaxxed person in the icu in 6 months yet dozens with 4th booster all summer. 

assuming what you saw is true…big assumption.

you have to understand…everyone’s  immune system is different.  Unfortunately there isn’t a clear test to score peop,e on this like you can on various blood sample test like for A1C or levels of Lipids or cholesterol in your blood.  Many know they are low on certain things snd they take pre actions.

the immune system is more more complicated,ex with many different pieces and they are not certain yet on what is key or not.  Some foods and medications you take do suppress your immune system considerably.  Side affects of things like chemo also kills your immune system.pand it’s ability to function.

with HIV/AIDS, it didn’t kill you, it instead ripped apart your immune system causing some simple diseases to kill you.

just like with anything else you either have a high or low immune system in terms of response to infections.  Another factor is how your body developed immunity and how long it lasts. With common cold natural lasts 3-6 months after having it. Same with the flu.  Others might have immunity longer because of how it operates.

with the flu you need annual shot. They try to guess the dominant strain will be.  If they are way off then the flu dhot wont work as well if youare exposed to a different strain of the flu.

with Covid cases various mutations occur. There have bern times some have gotten mutations that make them more deadly.  But if they do that, they are less likely to spread.  The virus needs to find a Goldilocks zone where it’s not bad enough to kill to quickly but also be good enough to spread widely. Cold and flus have in essence reached this point.  Covid hasn’t yeast.

it’s also impossible to do active true research on disease spreading in humans using human to do things to measure spreading and exposure tolerance levels to what causes disease symptoms vspositi exposure.

wiyth the exposure testing something else is missing…..if you think about say being able to approach a kid with chicken pox because you already had it or was given a vax fir it,,,,they know you don’t pass it on…but if they did an exposure test many woukd show positive without any disease symptoms.

On 9/10/2022 at 6:56 PM, Draconator said:

My wife and I had it in October 2021. We have it for a 2nd time currently. 

It's a virus, and everyone is going to get it at some point. Might this be a yearly thing where, like the flu, you're chances of getting it are high and we have to accept it as part of modern day society? 

My supervisor got it twice. Thankfully I got it just once. 

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’ve had it zero times 

Dodged the vax longer than most and no booster seems to be working for me. 

Or…….you’ve had it and never knew. That’s not a bad thing as long as you are well. Apparently it’s common. We don’t know what we don’t know. It’s not disrupting our lives as much as it used to, so I’m good with that. 

I had it in November of 2020. My wife refused to distance from me. LOL Slept in the same bed, sat together on the same couch, among other things. Lived life like we normally would.

She never even had a symptom and didn't test. Back then it was the drive up and stick a freaking 20 foot swab up your nose.

Contact tracers. Remember that? LOL

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I had it in November of 2020. My wife refused to distance from me. LOL Slept in the same bed, sat together on the same couch, among other things. Lived life like we normally would.

She never even had a symptom and didn't test. Back then it was the drive up and stick a freaking 20 foot swab up your nose.

Contact tracing was an important tool to limit spread among communities pre-vaccinations. So your wife may have been an asymptomatic spreader to others.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

I did an at-home test on Friday. Saturday morning I went to Walgreens for a Rapid test. Sunday morning I got an email from the Erie County Department of Health that they're tracing me. All because of the Walgreens test.

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I did an at-home test on Friday. Saturday morning I went to Walgreens for a Rapid test. Sunday morning I got an email from the Erie County Department of Health that they're tracing me. All because of the Walgreens test.

LOL...I could say so much but it would get this thread shut down.

I will say the HD called me. I refused to tell

them my marital status, anyone that lived in my house and wouldn't tell them where I worked. I made sure the people that were close to me know I had it. I didn't need the HD quarantining people that I gave them the names of.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I am double vaxed and boosted.  Recently, I had ENT surgery for a deviated septim and was doing fine. I came down with covid slightly more than 2 weeks ago and it attacked my nasal breathing. I am better now but I have to squirt saline solutions up my nose, and take Halls cough drops. 

My taste buds are damaged. I taste mostly salt and sugar. My sense of smell is completely gone. I got my car washed and put in an air freshner and could not smell it at all. I can't smell my morning coffee. I got off easy thanks to God. I lost a few friends to covid. This disease sucks and is evil. It's as if it has a f^$%*&g brain. 

I am thinking about the next booster but I'm not so sure. I had no reaction from any of the shots but my fiancee did and it was scary.

I wash my hands perhaps 10 times a day. Maybe I will make it 20, I don't know.

I pray to God that this horror show goes away.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

them my marital status, anyone that lived in my house and wouldn't tell them where I worked. I made sure the people that were close to me know I had it. I didn't need the HD quarantining people that I gave them the names of.

Someone called me after a positive test and said that she was from the Health Department. She told me to stay confined to a residence that I moved out of 12 years ago. I thought that it was a spam call and told them to not contact me again and hung up. Then, I googled the number and it was legit. 

Oh well.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

Well, when I had Covid the first time, I was given a link to set up an appointment to talk to a real live human. In this email, they said they were aware of my positive test, and call this number if I had any questions. 

6 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Contact tracing was an important tool to limit spread among communities pre-vaccinations. So your wife may have been an asymptomatic spreader to others.

I went to Florida the Feb after the lockdown began.  Followed the standards established, nasal swab 2/3 days out, flew home, was greeted by a National Guard soldier and provided my contact information.  I quarantined the 4 days (maybe 5), tested at a Contagion center and returned to work.   I received several contact messages on my cell, thought they might be spam due to incorrect information and ignored them. 

The thing is, different individuals on the plane had different standards.  If I sat next to a guy from Connecticut, he was free and clear to pass back and forth into NY at will, no quarantine requirements at all.  

Like many things COVID related, it was an absolute sh&t show.  Compliance on a sliding scale with no rhyme or reason to it.  

Btw, Florida, at the time, was such a welcome respite from what seemed like a perpetually dark and dreary doom vigil in NY.  

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am double vaxed and boosted.  Recently, I had ENT surgery for a deviated septim and was doing fine. I came down with covid slightly more than 2 weeks ago and it attacked my nasal breathing. I am better now but I have to squirt saline solutions up my nose, and take Halls cough drops. 

My taste buds are damaged. I taste mostly salt and sugar. My sense of smell is completely gone. I got my car washed and put in an air freshner and could not smell it at all. I can't smell my morning coffee. I got off easy thanks to God. I lost a few friends to covid. This disease sucks and is evil. It's as if it has a f^$%*&g brain. 

I am thinking about the next booster but I'm not so sure. I had no reaction from any of the shots but my fiancee did and it was scary.

I wash my hands perhaps 10 times a day. Maybe I will make it 20, I don't know.

I pray to God that this horror show goes away.

Good luck Bill.  I enjoy reading your posts, and hope you feel better soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I went to Florida the Feb after the lockdown began.  Followed the standards established, nasal swab 2/3 days out, flew home, was greeted by a National Guard soldier and provided my contact information.  I quarantined the 4 days (maybe 5), tested at a Contagion center and returned to work.   I received several contact messages on my cell, thought they might be spam due to incorrect information and ignored them. 

The thing is, different individuals on the plane had different standards.  If I sat next to a guy from Connecticut, he was free and clear to pass back and forth into NY at will, no quarantine requirements at all.  

Like many things COVID related, it was an absolute sh&t show.  Compliance on a sliding scale with no rhyme or reason to it.  

Btw, Florida, at the time, was such a welcome respite from what seemed like a perpetually dark and dreary doom vigil in NY.  

Good luck Bill.  I enjoy reading your posts, and hope you feel better soon. 

States that followed the same high standards of safety compliance like NY and CT along with other northeast states had an agreement that people traveling between those states would be treated the same, whereas those coming from lax states like Florida would face greater scrutiny.

Btw, once vaccinations were available Florida had the highest per capita death rate in 2021 during the Delta variant wave.

ABCB5521-F808-4505-8B25-6ECA9DD6C9AF.jpeg

9 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

States that followed the same high standards of safety compliance like NY and CT along with other northeast states had an agreement that people traveling between those states would be treated the same, whereas those coming from lax states like Florida would face greater scrutiny.

Btw, once vaccinations were available Florida had the highest per capita death rate in 2021 during the Delta variant wave.

ABCB5521-F808-4505-8B25-6ECA9DD6C9AF.jpeg

I think that a strong portion of the states that you list have the worst medical care in the country. Look at the states in the left column after Florida (which I assume has good care). 

I knew a doctor from West Virginia who did his residency up here. He told me that he passed up lucrative offers in NY in order to go back to WVA because there was such a shortage of doctors in WVA. I believe him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.