Is this the greatest day ever do be a Bills fan?

Pete

I think as far as the Bills being a consensus super bowl favorite and they having the best QB in the league The game on Thursday has made that CLEAR to the fans of NFL football...I mean they made a strong case. It's like others have stated, they picked up offensively right where they left off in KC and NOW the Von effect with a potent pass rush?

Hang on to your chonies people we are in for Fantastic ride. I think the acknowledgment of the Bills being superior in the entire NFL makes this experience almost dreamlike. So Pete I get your enthusiasm. GO BILLS

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Pete said:

Im 53 years old and I have been waiting for this Bills team my whole life.  I wasn't alive for the 64 Bills.  But other great days to be a Bills fan were 51-3 AFC Championship, when we chanted for Scott Norwood at the Bills rally after our loss, Smashing the Patriots in the playoffs last season, those are the first 3 days that come to mind as being best days to  be a Bills fan.  But after that statement game, today IMO is the greatest day ever to be a Bills fan.  LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

No.. we in the garbage business and Buffalo just took out the trash. 

The real Job is when we cut up whoever we go after in the SB.

THAT will be the best day ever. 53 years old you saw some amazing football... 

• Like (+1) 1

I would put the dismantling of the Patriots in the playoffs last year over this week 1 win, personally. That was a great day to be a Bills fan.

As far as my confidence in the team itself, yes. This is the most confident I have ever been about a Bills team. I think they finally have the elite leaders on both sides of the ball, as well as excellent talent and coaching all around, and the most important piece to the puzzle in an elite QB. And they have a great GM who will keep making good moves to keep this team great for a long time.

I've been saying for awhile that a truly great team doesn't just need good players and good depth. They also need a handful of elite players, and one of them has to be the QB. We now have Josh Allen, Steffon Diggs, Von Miller, and Tre White as those truly elite players that will take this team to great heights.

On 9/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, Pete said:

Im 53 years old and I have been waiting for this Bills team my whole life.  I wasn't alive for the 64 Bills.  But other great days to be a Bills fan were 51-3 AFC Championship, when we chanted for Scott Norwood at the Bills rally after our loss, Smashing the Patriots in the playoffs last season, those are the first 3 days that come to mind as being best days to  be a Bills fan.  But after that statement game, today IMO is the greatest day ever to be a Bills fan.  LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

For a semi-younger fan, the greatest game to me (until they win it all this year) will be the Wildcard slaughter of the Patriots. Nothing even comes close? 

I am not old enough to remember the AFL.  I have clear top games, though.

1. Buffalo 41 - Houston 38.

During the game, I knew that the Bills could be making History.  It's still on the books.

2. Buffalo 30 - Kansas City 13.

I was at Michigan State at the time and took a lot of grief the week before this game.  After the game, every time someone gave me crap, I put up 4 fingers as if I had been flipping 4 birds at people.  I was flat out defiant.  When someone asked me if I would be embarrassed if the Bills lost, I replied, "0 for 3, 0 for 4.  Exactly how much worse could it possibly be?"  It was liberating.  And again, it was History.

3. Buffalo 51 - L.A. Raiders 3.

Obvious, right?

4. Buffalo 18 - San Francisco 13.

"...[F]irst division title since '66."  My friends' parents were in tears after that game.

5. Day after SB XXV

I drove back to MSU after being in Buffalo for the game.  There were 4 other Math Department grad students who were camped out in my driveway just to shake my hand because of the reception Scott Norwood got at the rally.  People congratulated me for being a Bills fan all week.

6. Buffalo 22 - Miami 16 and Cincinnati 31 - Baltimore 27.

Now I know why 1980 was so special for our parents.  And the rest of Bills Mafia afterward showed me why I was justified to quit playing bridge after people denigrated me for being a Bills fan at the Columbus, OH Bridge Club.  Being a Buffalonian is more important than getting world championship bridge training from the trainer of Meckwell.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.