9/8/22 Gameday PreGame Thread Bills at Rams NFL Season Kickoff Game! (Mod edit - Thread will be locked just before kickoff tonight!!!)

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate the Rams. I really do. I previously didn’t care about them but right now I hate them and mcvay’s stupid middle school hair and Frat Stafford. Dude always looks bored as hell and can’t even bother to help a photographer  who falls off a stage taking a picture at his own parade. I bet Chad hall secretly hates him too and has been stealing ***** from their house and getting him wasted on family vacation so he spills the tea on their plays. 

Yeah, I kinda lost some of the respect I did have for him myself. 

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah. Me thinks Florio has issues with Sims man crush on Josh..

Simms is kind of an "equal opportunity man crush'er" though.  He has man-crushes on most of today's top QBs.

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah, I kinda lost some of the respect I did have for him myself. 

FIFY

I actually thought that Stafford deserved a Superbowl ring after a literal decade + spent exiled to the septic NFL Siberia that Detroit has been during that time.

But the reporter stage incident and Stafford's reaction left me flat as an 24 hr open Labatts.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'm waiting to see if, unlike Daboll over the past few seasons, Dorsey has four running backs active tonight (plus Gilliam).

I don't believe that the Bills gave Zack Moss a bunch of valuable training camp and preseason red zone reps with the starters just to have him inactive on game days. 

I still suspect they may change their modus operandi this year and use all three of Singletary (between the 20s), Cook (3rd downs and passing game), and Moss (red zone and short yardage) on game days.

We'll find out soon enough!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You can stop right there.  No further justification is needed.

But if you insist, #1 reason to loathe the Rams is that Stan Kroenke is a slimy sack of ***** who deserves to sink to the bottom of a sewage lagoon.

And if you ply me with alcohol, I'll tell you what I really think of him.

Can I hate the Rams and love Cooper Kupp's game at the same time?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Simms is kind of an "equal opportunity man crush'er" though.  He has man-crushes on most of today's top QBs.

FIFY

I actually thought that Stafford deserved a Superbowl ring after a literal decade + spent exiled to the septic NFL Siberia that Detroit has been during that time.

But the reporter stage incident and Stafford's reaction left me flat as an 24 hr open Labatts.

Yeah, it kinda showed something about his character to me. Definitely wasn't a good look for sure....

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So prediction is that Stafford's elbow will be "just fine" from Day 1

What about any effect of limited practices with his WR under a new OC in what seems to be more of a classic, WCO timing-based offense?

OK, here's another Q.  A lot of the national media seems to be zeroing in on question marks of Ken Dorsey as the Bills new OC

But, the Rams also have a new OC - Liam Coen after Kevin O'Connell left to take up the HC job for the Minnesota Vikings.  Yet I'm hearing 🦗 about the Rams change in OC being a concern.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?

And if not, Why?  Is it assumed that McVay is the chief architect of the Rams offense and anyone with the OC title is just his dingleberry?  Yet, it would seem odd that his OC's keep getting plucked as HC candidates if that's so.

I was thinking about their OC change too and yes I think that mcvay runs that entire side of the ball including the play calling so it’s less of a question mark. I’m not sure what his OC does or why they keep getting HC jobs other than that they are associated with him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm waiting to see if, unlike Daboll over the past few seasons, Dorsey has four running backs active tonight (plus Gilliam).

I don't believe that the Bills gave Zack Moss a bunch of valuable training camp and preseason red zone reps with the starters just to have him inactive on game days. 

I still suspect they may change their modus operandi this year and use all three of Singletary (between the 20s), Cook (3rd downs and passing game), and Moss (red zone and short yardage) on game days.

I agree. I'm curious to see this also. Kinda makes me think he will if only due to the way they spoke of Cook. Interesting to see if Devin, Moss, and Cook are active.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Can I hate the Rams and love Cooper Kupp's game at the same time?

Yes, can definitely love good players on teams you hate, and Kupp seems to be a good guy

The Rams definitely have food to be ticked about all the Press the Bills are getting.  "It's Banner Night for us and all the talk is about the Bills?  ***** That Noise!"

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My guess is one is inactive. 

I'm sticking with what I have been saying.

TE (Looks like Morris who is still dinged)

OL (Doyle still dinged)

DL (between Shaq and Epenesa)

LB (Spector)

DB (Lewis)

I might not have all the players right, but they come from those positions.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m interested in a lot of things tonight. First and foremost I want the usual: a win with good execution and no significant injuries. But I’m also interested in some specifics:

- What Dorsey’s offense looks like and how he calls plays. 

- How the OL has gelled and how they pass block.

- How do Von Miller and Rousseau work together? Both are LDEs (over RT). One has to move to RDE. I expect that to be Rousseau, but that’s not a given.

- How the CBs fare. It may not be a fair test for them, but it’s their first one.

Did I miss anything?

• Like (+1) 1

overcast skies and markedly lower temp so far  today in san diego. It was my hope that would be the case at SoFi tonight for the fans sake.

m

EDIT: I checked the SoFi zipcode for weather and found this just FYI

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT
FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with temperatures up to 104.
Hottest across interior areas to Downtown Los Angeles. Overnight
low temperatures will offer little relief with temperatures
falling to the 70s to lower 80s.

* WHERE...Los Angeles County Inland Coast including Downtown Los
Angeles.

* WHEN...Until 8 PM PDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Extreme heat will significantly increase the
potential for heat related illnesses, particularly for those
working or participating in outdoor activities.

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m interested in a lot of things tonight. First and foremost I want the usual: a win with good execution and no significant injuries. But I’m also interested in some specifics:

- What Dorsey’s offense looks like and how he calls plays. 

- How the OL has gelled and how they pass block.

- How do Von Miller and Rousseau work together? Both are LDEs (over RT). One has to move to RDE. I expect that to be Rousseau, but that’s not a given.

- How the CBs fare. It may not be a fair test for them, but it’s their first one.

Did I miss anything?

James Cooks role in the offense.

• Like (+1) 2