Rolling blackouts imminent for the People's Republic of California

Big Blitz

The California grid is only overworked because leftist politicians have been pushing toward energy policies that make zero sense for decades.

Shut down nuclear plants? Check.

Push solar and wind infrastructure that can’t sustain diddly squat in order to appear hip and cool? Check.

Disincentivize the repair of aging power lines that tends to fail or spark and cause hundreds of wildfires by pushing companies to invest in green energy instead of maintaining current infrastructure? Check.

The California energy problem is man-made. It has nothing to do with climate change.

But it does have much to do with “California’s Potemkin Environmentalism:”

https://notthebee.com/article/look-at-this-headline-

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

The California grid is only overworked because leftist politicians have been pushing toward energy policies that make zero sense for decades.

Shut down nuclear plants? Check.

Push solar and wind infrastructure that can’t sustain diddly squat in order to appear hip and cool? Check.

Disincentivize the repair of aging power lines that tends to fail or spark and cause hundreds of wildfires by pushing companies to invest in green energy instead of maintaining current infrastructure? Check.

The California energy problem is man-made. It has nothing to do with climate change.

But it does have much to do with “California’s Potemkin Environmentalism:”

https://notthebee.com/article/look-at-this-headline-

Energy correspondent on Bloomberg surveillance said literally the same this morning to Tom Keene. Effectively all the regulation and moves towards economically unviable and un scalable green energy coupled with failure to maintain existing infrastructure is a mess decades in the making. Other specifics include woeful lack of solar farm battery capacity to support peak demand when the sun isn’t shining.

You know what they say; the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Global warming 

BS. I lived there from 1995-2014. It has been  this hot before. About 15 years ago, where I lived (SF Bay area) got up to 117. It got to 118 Monday and Tuesday. I remember bailing going to the county fair another year because it was 110. Several times the sky right at the bay was dark with the heavy smoke from the  inland wildfires.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Global warming 

It's actually been a cooler summer here in the desert this year.  Too many ***** people with an infrastructure that has not been updated to take all the people.   Wait until they force what kind of car we have to drive.  They've got 13 years to update it and I'm not holding my breath that they will.  Hell it took them over 10 years to redo the eastern span of the Bay Bridge.