โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ President Biden, A Good American President! โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Tiberius

20 minutes ago, Westside said:

biden hurts the dems more than he helps. You get rid of biden and run a moderate candidate and you might get back some democrats who left the party.

ย 

You run biden again and risk losing the party completely.ย 

Biden is a moderate Democratย 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Westside said:

biden hurts the dems more than he helps. You get rid of biden and run a moderate candidate and you might get back some democrats who left the party.

ย 

You run biden again and risk losing the party completely.ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

ย 

He would lose to DeSantis.

ย 

He's not running again.ย  I just want him and Kammy to fight it out and drag the party down.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden is a moderate Democratย 

Theres nothing moderate about his vaccine mandates, lockdowns and demonizing of entire segments of society.ย 
ย 

Nothing moderate about the IRA. ย 
ย 

Heโ€™s a geriatric hollowed out skin suit for leftist ideology of 0-100 climate agenda and division.ย 
ย 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Theres nothing moderate about his vaccine mandates, lockdowns and demonizing of entire segments of society.ย 
ย 

Nothing moderate about the IRA. ย 
ย 

Heโ€™s a geriatric hollowed out skin suit for leftist ideology of 0-100 climate agenda and division.ย 
ย 

Naw, he's a good moderate Democrat. and a real winner!ย 

• Haha (+1) 1

• Tiberius changed the title to โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ President Biden, A Good American President! โ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes he delivered. ย  Itโ€™s been 12 months. ย Iโ€™m curious. ย How many jobs have been created so far? ย I honestly donโ€™t know and Iโ€™ve not seen anything.ย 

They will just give the figures from the pandemic and then say look how many more people are working now. Yes, because you allowed businesses to re-open

26 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

They will just give the figures from the pandemic and then say look how many more people are working now. Yes, because you allowed businesses to re-open

ย 

Here's the historical trends. We recently just got back to the pre-pandemic trendline:

fredgraph.thumb.png.fadba27cad8dbcacbe4d177e9cade8fc.png

(Source)

ย 

We're also back on track for unemployment:

649855992_fredgraph(1).thumb.png.86bb6df9a17afbd19e1e66cd0b704cc8.png.

(Source)

ย 

Part of the problem of assessing job creation by president is that over the last several elections, Dems have come in during a recession so there is more opportunity for job creation.

ย 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

ย 

Here's the historical trends. We recently just got back to the pre-pandemic trendline:

fredgraph.thumb.png.fadba27cad8dbcacbe4d177e9cade8fc.png

(Source)

ย 

We're also back on track for unemployment:

649855992_fredgraph(1).thumb.png.86bb6df9a17afbd19e1e66cd0b704cc8.png.

(Source)

ย 

Part of the problem of assessing job creation by president is that over the last several elections, Dems have come in during a recession so there is more opportunity for job creation.

ย 

My question wasnโ€™t about any and all job creation. ย Iโ€™m wondering how many jobs have been created that can be attributed directly to the infrastructure bill. ย Itโ€™s likely too early to tell but it will be interesting to see over time. It appears the the Biden Administration was smarter than the Obama Administration and didnโ€™t tout this bill as โ€œshovel readyโ€.ย 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My question wasnโ€™t about any and all job creation. ย Iโ€™m wondering how many jobs have been created that can be attributed directly to the infrastructure bill. ย Itโ€™s likely too early to tell but it will be interesting to see over time. It appears the the Biden Administration was smarter than the Obama Administration and didnโ€™t tout this bill as โ€œshovel readyโ€.ย 

ย 

Looks like the IRA is supposed to create an average of 900,000 jobs per year in its first 10 years. Of course, to your point, it doesn't start full throttle on day one. It's going to take time to ramp up.

ย 

One of the things I was worried about if there was a red wave midterm was that the GOP would be able to take credit for the benefits of the IRA when they start to come into effect. Looks like we dodged that particular bullet.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

ย 

Looks like the IRA is supposed to create an average of 900,000 jobs per year in its first 10 years. Of course, to your point, it doesn't start full throttle on day one. It's going to take time to ramp up.

ย 

One of the things I was worried about if there was a red wave midterm was that the GOP would be able to take credit for the benefits of the IRA when they start to come into effect. Looks like we dodged that particular bullet.

I will be paying very close to these 9,000,000 new jobs. ย Hereโ€™s the problem with infrastructure jobs. ย They are, for the most part, temporary. Now I do know that all 9,000,000 jobs will not be infrastructure construction however many will be.ย 

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

the real question is how much new corruption will this marvel of legislation bring to bear. All the big companies are all in btw. ย Happy to syphon easy government money.ย 
ย 

the idealist fools lose the war while they believe they won a battle.ย 
ย 

itโ€™s cute and extremely naiveย 

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I will be paying very close to these 9,000,000 new jobs. ย Hereโ€™s the problem with infrastructure jobs. ย They are, for the most part, temporary. Now I do know that all 9,000,000 jobs will not be infrastructure construction however many will be.ย 

ย 

So we should just ignore our crumbling infrastructure like Trump did (who, btw, just bragged during his big announcement that he keeps all of his promises )

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.90a010394348f0520815ff575359749f.jpeg

ย 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1348/invest-550-billion-infrastructure-and-create-infra/

ย 

ย 

Just now, BillStime said:

ย 

So we should just ignore our crumbling infrastructure like Trump did (who, btw, just bragged during his big announcement that he keeps all of his promises )

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.90a010394348f0520815ff575359749f.jpeg

ย 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1348/invest-550-billion-infrastructure-and-create-infra/

ย 

ย 

We need our infrastructure upgraded big time. My point, which you didnโ€™t understand, is โ€œdonโ€™t get all excited about these jobs as many are temporary.โ€ ย 
ย 

Iโ€™ll give you a dollar for every post of yours you donโ€™t mention Trump. ย By this time next year you may have enough money to buy a gallon of gas.ย 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We need our infrastructure upgraded big time. My point, which you didnโ€™t understand, is โ€œdonโ€™t get all excited about these jobs as many are temporary.โ€ ย 
ย 

Iโ€™ll give you a dollar for every post of yours you donโ€™t mention Trump. ย By this time next year you may have enough money to buy a gallon of gas.ย 

so 9/1,000,000,345,554 ?ย 
ย 

btw did you see whoโ€™s running again?ย 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Go Joe!ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Surprise fees?ย  Nothing is a surprise.ย  It's pretty much all in black and white when you book your flight.ย  If you're too lazy to read and shop around that's on you.ย ย 

ย 

Hey government!!ย  This ain't your job!ย 

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is this an issue? You pay a certain amount for every single good and service you buy. What the heck difference does it make what the service provider calls the various elements of the total amount they charge you? Unbelievably dumb topic.ย 

Let the public drive the fee issue by who they do business with. One thing that has made Southwest one of the most popular airlines is โ€œBags Fly Freeโ€.ย 

• Agree 1

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/18/biden-admin-saudi-prince-immunity-khashoggi-killing-lawsuit

ย 

The Washington Post has joined human rights advocates in condemning the Biden administration's argument that Saudi Arabia's Crown Princeย Mohammed bin Salmanย has immunity in a lawsuit filed against him over the 2018 killing of Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.

The latest:ย Fred Ryan, the Post's publisher and CEO,ย said in a statementย Friday that President Biden is "granting a license to kill to one of the world's most egregious human-rights abusers who is responsible for the cold-blooded murder of Jamal Khashoggi."

ย 

wonder what the spin will be on this?