​ 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 President Biden, A Good American President! ​ 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Tiberius

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Ok let's go to the scoreboard.

1.  Red hats are a threat to our democracy.  Check

2. Middle fingers are a threat to our democracy.  Check check. 

I now see where you guys are coming from.  This is some scary *****.  

Hey, everyone is waiting for your sugarcoated definition o f MAGA - lolz

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yep - that's me. Defending our democracy, a women's right to choose; pennies for the poor instead of tax cuts for the rich; a society not overrun by guns etc etc etc...

Can you feel the MAGA love?  gtfoh

How does a rich person's tax rate impact a poor person? Were they bidding on the same yacht? 

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

List of Joe's accomplishments:

1. Not Trump

Can anyone really come up with anything else to support this man? The only thing I've heard is "yea well Trump did this..."

That's not an accomplishment.  And after that embarrassment of a speech last week...

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's not an accomplishment.  And after that embarrassment of a speech last week...

Right but that's all the Dems can hang their hat on...it's not Trump. Even their polls show they don't want him to run again 

What I hear from relatives:

1. "anyone is better than Trump"

2. "I'll gladly pay $4 a gallon to not have Trump"

3. "Trump should be in jail"

4. "I can't retire this year because global economy, Russia etc, president doesn't control the stock market not his fault"

As long as it's not Trump they will let the world burn apparently. Sounds like a winning strategy 

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Right but that's all the Dems can hang their hat on...it's not Trump. Even their polls show they don't want him to run again 

Yeah, he broke them mentally.  A guy who preached "Make America Great Again" and they thought he was a Russian spy because there was no other way he could have beaten Hilly.

But they'll do the same to anyone who comes after him.  They're doing it to DeSantis.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, he broke them mentally.  A guy who preached "Make America Great Again" and they thought he was a Russian spy because there was no other way he could have beaten Hilly.

But they'll do the same to anyone who comes after him.  They're doing it to DeSantis.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

The establishment supports establishment candidates.  People loyal to global corporate and powerful interests while paying lip service to the needs of Americans. The idea any President could put the needs of American's first, ahead of the interests of the Global Empire and the elite benefiting from that arrangement is unacceptable.  Trump is an outsider. It didn't matter if he was a Republican outsider or a Democrat outsider.  If the Democrats would have nominated Tulsi Gabbard or Bernie Sanders they would have gotten the exact same outsider treatment as Trump.  The establishment was so scared of a Sanders nomination they dug up ole Joe Biden and positioned him as a moderate insider that would unify the country.  What a joke and illusion.  This is how the political system operates.  

While the elite thank the useful idiots supporting all their efforts to maintain control and demonize Trump and anyone challenging or questioning their priorities, they should know that none of them are in their long-term plans.  At some point soon they'll be cut loose to fend for themselves.  

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Make America Great for who, doc?

Women?

Blacks?

LGTBQ?

Kids?

Who Doc?

Billionaires and Millionaires who benefited most from his $1.9 TRILLION dollar TAX PLAN?

His properties?  Why wouldn't Pompeo release the report that indicated how much went to Trump properties during the Trump admin?

His Friends? Trillions in PPP loans forgiven...

Yeah... Trump was out to MAGA alright.

image.thumb.jpeg.ab1d0686c6d0f7ee182780540657ccb3.jpeg

Edited by BillStime

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Not to mention "poor people" got the biggest tax benefit by the doubling of the standard deduction.   

Except they didn’t. Don’t forget personal exemptions were also eliminated.

If we look at CBO scoring, doubling the standard deduction cost $887 billion. Eliminating personal exemptions raised $1.4 trillion.

Then looking at things for high wealth individuals:

- AMT changes - cost $884 billion (almost the same as double the standard deduction)

- Doubling estate tax exemption $102 billion

Those 2 alone are well more than the savings for doubling the standard deduction. If factoring in the exemption changes it’s hundreds of billions more.

I also didn’t include QBI deduction since it’s not just a high net worth deduction but the cost is primarily skewed toward high net worth people.

CBO Scoring: https://www.crfb.org/blogs/cbo-estimates-tcja-extensions-could-cost-27-trillion

So I think hoax is the correct response here by @BillStime

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Except they didn’t. Don’t forget personal exemptions were also eliminated.

If we look at CBO scoring, doubling the standard deduction cost $887 billion. Eliminating personal exemptions raised $1.4 trillion.

Then looking at things for high wealth individuals:

- AMT changes - cost $884 billion (almost the same as double the standard deduction)

- Doubling estate tax exemption $102 billion

Those 2 alone are well more than the savings for doubling the standard deduction. If factoring in the exemption changes it’s hundreds of billions more.

I also didn’t include QBI deduction since it’s not just a high net worth deduction but the cost is primarily skewed toward high net worth people.

CBO Scoring: https://www.crfb.org/blogs/cbo-estimates-tcja-extensions-could-cost-27-trillion

So I think hoax is the correct response here by @BillStime

Even with the elimination of the personal exemption lower income individuals and families came out ahead.  So no it’s not a hoax. 

Even with the elimination of the personal exemption lower income individuals and families came out ahead.  So no it’s not a hoax. 

Math comprehension:

$1.4 trillion is more than $887. This means the elimination of the personal exemptions raises more in taxes than the increased standard deduction saved.

Personal exemptions also had a phase out, so people making over $313k (MFJ) had a limited exemption and once they hit $436k, it was completely phased out.

So high worth individuals weren’t really part of that $1.4 trillion tax increase.

39 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Math comprehension:

$1.4 trillion is more than $887. This means the elimination of the personal exemptions raises more in taxes than the increased standard deduction saved.

Personal exemptions also had a phase out, so people making over $313k (MFJ) had a limited exemption and once they hit $436k, it was completely phased out.

So high worth individuals weren’t really part of that $1.4 trillion tax increase.

I’m not talking about total tax receipts. I’m talking individual tax payers.  Lower income folks who rent who had no big mortgage deduction now were able to double their deduction. This IS who Billy Boy is concerned about no?  How many of the people that make up your disparity were people that lost out on their big mortgage interest and came out behind?  I assume quite a lot. 

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m not talking about total tax receipts. I’m talking individual tax payers.  Lower income folks who rent who had no big mortgage deduction now were able to double their deduction. This IS who Billy Boy is concerned about no?  How many of the people that make up your disparity were people that lost out on their big mortgage interest and came out behind?  I assume quite a lot. 

Not a single number supports any of your ideas.

But let’s do more math. Last year of the personal exemption it was $4,050 per person. When the standard deduction was $12,700 MFJ. TCJA raised the standard deduction to $24,000.

Thats an increase of $11,300. The average married US family is 4 people. 4 times $4,050 = 16,200.

So a family of 4 lost a $16,200 deduction while getting an increase standard deduction of $11,300. So they LOST $4,900. Assuming a 10 percent effective rate it cost them $490. That increases with each kid they have above 2.

A single person with no kids had the standard deduction go from $6,300 in 2017 to $12,000. Change is $5,700. Lost their personal exemption of $4,050. So they’re getting a $1,650 of addition deductions. At a 10 percent effective tax rate, these provisions of TCJA saved them $165… wow!

But let’s say that single person is a single mom. Now her personal exemptions were $8,050. HOH was $9,350 and TCJA made it $18,000, so a change of $8,650. With the lost of exemptions they got $600 of additional deductions or a tax savings of $60!!!!!! (Assuming a 10 percent effective rate). If she’s a single mom of 2 she lost money.

So taking it instead of at the national level, you can see the tax savings to the individual aren’t what you think they are.

So thank you Republicans for the $60 you gave poor single moms!

Now, let’s look at 1 provision that favored the wealthy. Say you’re a business owner, non-SSTB and net $400,000 but with other deductions taxable income is at $315,000. Being under the QBI thresholds (to make the math easier), they get a deduction equal to the lesser of 20 percent of QBI or taxable income. $315,000 * 20 percent = $63,000 of new deductions. 
That puts taxable income now at $262,000. That $63,000 would all be in the 35 percent MFJ bracket, so it saved this guy, $22,050.

Math has been had for you but the $22,050 is significantly more than the $60 tax savings the single mom with 1 kid got and a TON more than a single mom with 2 kids who now has to pay more tax got.

14 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

List of Joe's accomplishments:

1. Not Trump

)Can anyone really come up with anything else to support this man? The only thing I've heard is "yea well Trump did this..."

1) Organized the coalition that has helped Ukraine destroy the army of one of America's enemies, Putin. That in and of itself makes Biden significant 

2) Chips law which strengthens American security 

3) Finally got something major done about climate change 

4) Got major gun legislation passed

5) Health care for vets 

He's a good one! 

5 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Not a single number supports any of your ideas.

But let’s do more math. Last year of the personal exemption it was $4,050 per person. When the standard deduction was $12,700 MFJ. TCJA raised the standard deduction to $24,000.

Thats an increase of $11,300. The average married US family is 4 people. 4 times $4,050 = 16,200.

So a family of 4 lost a $16,200 deduction while getting an increase standard deduction of $11,300. So they LOST $4,900. Assuming a 10 percent effective rate it cost them $490. That increases with each kid they have above 2.

A single person with no kids had the standard deduction go from $6,300 in 2017 to $12,000. Change is $5,700. Lost their personal exemption of $4,050. So they’re getting a $1,650 of addition deductions. At a 10 percent effective tax rate, these provisions of TCJA saved them $165… wow!

But let’s say that single person is a single mom. Now her personal exemptions were $8,050. HOH was $9,350 and TCJA made it $18,000, so a change of $8,650. With the lost of exemptions they got $600 of additional deductions or a tax savings of $60!!!!!! (Assuming a 10 percent effective rate). If she’s a single mom of 2 she lost money.

So taking it instead of at the national level, you can see the tax savings to the individual aren’t what you think they are.

So thank you Republicans for the $60 you gave poor single moms!

Now, let’s look at 1 provision that favored the wealthy. Say you’re a business owner, non-SSTB and net $400,000 but with other deductions taxable income is at $315,000. Being under the QBI thresholds (to make the math easier), they get a deduction equal to the lesser of 20 percent of QBI or taxable income. $315,000 * 20 percent = $63,000 of new deductions. 
That puts taxable income now at $262,000. That $63,000 would all be in the 35 percent MFJ bracket, so it saved this guy, $22,050.

Math has been had for you but the $22,050 is significantly more than the $60 tax savings the single mom with 1 kid got and a TON more than a single mom with 2 kids who now has to pay more tax got.

Thanks.  

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

HOAX

Back In The Day did the math and educated me.  Some day you may be able to do the same but I highly doubt it.  

Maybe @Backintheday544 can do your homework and explain what makes MAGA supporters fascists and the biggest threat to our democracy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

1) Organized the coalition that has helped Ukraine destroy the army of one of America's enemies, Putin. That in and of itself makes Biden significant 

2) Chips law which strengthens American security 

3) Finally got something major done about climate change 

4) Got major gun legislation passed

5) Health care for vets 

He's a good one! 

geezus, such simpletons

All he/they have done is cut checks with your money, nothing more.  

classic liberal/democrat action….create an economy where no one wants to make anything here because of your policies and tax structures….realize we’re screwed as a result….cut checks from my taxes to “solve” the problem and lure producers back here.   So pathetic

it happens because liberal voters are stupid but think they’re “smart” because they spent 4 years at college

during the Obama Presidency every company that could reasonably re-domicile  to avoid taxes did so to avoid their absurd taxes, but never mind we’re  bringing them back with your money yay.

morons

Edited by OrangeBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

geezus, such simpletons

classic liberal/democrat action….create an economy where no one wants to make anything here because of your policies and tax structures….realize we’re screwed as a result….cut checks from my taxes to “solve” the problem and lure producers back here.   So pathetic

it happens because liberal voters are stupid but think they’re “smart” because they spent 4 years at college

during the Obama Presidency every company that could reasonably re-domicile  to avoid taxes did so to avoid their absurd taxes, but never mind we’re  bringing them back with your money yay.

morons

Unfortunately the GOP actions are pretty damn similar.  They are are pretty cavalier with our money.    Hard to tell the two parties apart sometimes.  

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

geezus, such simpletons

morons

We are smart enough to know Biden won. Go tell that to the die hard MAGA. They simply can't understand  that. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Thanks.  

Back In The Day did the math and educated me.  Some day you may be able to do the same but I highly doubt it.  

Maybe @Backintheday544 can do your homework and explain what makes MAGA supporters fascists and the biggest threat to our democracy. 

Why are you afraid to define MAGA?

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Why are you afraid to define MAGA?

I'm not.  This is not about me and my definition.  It's about yours.  This is how our conversation started.  With me trying to understand your major concern.  You and your friends on the left are the ones terrified of them but you seem not to be able to define what it is.  What are you all so afraid of?  What was Biden talking about when he mentioned the term MAGA 15 times and MAGA Republicans 11 times?  Can you define what he and you are afraid of?

Ok let me help you out here.  You look at right wing extremist and immediately point at them and say "oh, oh, oh....MAGA!!"  That would be like me pointing at BLM or even ATIFA and saying "oh oh oh, No More Malarkey Democrats."  See I'm smart enough to know the difference.  You on the other hand.......... 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Admit Trump won the 2016 election fair and square and these people should not be in power

This has been what, two years now? They still don't acknowledge the truth. 

Trump's election in 2016 was interfered with by Russia, we all know that, but no one called for a re-do even right after. 

MAGA is literally attempting to ruin our country by destroying the election system. Crazy. It will be worse for them than for anyone, but ignorance is bliss. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

This has been what, two years now? They still don't acknowledge the truth. 

Trump's election in 2016 was interfered with by Russia, we all know that, but no one called for a re-do even right after. 

MAGA is literally attempting to ruin our country by destroying the election system. Crazy. It will be worse for them than for anyone, but ignorance is bliss. 

It's been what 6 years?  You still don't acknowledge the truth

Trumps election in 2016 was in no way interfered as we know our elections our secure. 

The democrats are literally attempting to claim our elections are able to fixed by foreign governments. Ignorance is bliss. 

I'm not.  This is not about me and my definition.  It's about yours.  This is how our conversation started.  With me trying to understand your major concern.  You and your friends on the left are the ones terrified of them but you seem not to be able to define what it is.  What are you all so afraid of?  What was Biden talking about when he mentioned the term MAGA 15 times and MAGA Republicans 11 times?  Can you define what he and you are afraid of?

Ok let me help you out here.  You look at right wing extremist and immediately point at them and say "oh, oh, oh....MAGA!!"  That would be like me pointing at BLM or even ATIFA and saying "oh oh oh, No More Malarkey Democrats."  See I'm smart enough to know the difference.  You on the other hand.......... 

No, you don't LIKE my definition of MAGA and you won't DEFINE it from your POV because it will expose you, Jim.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

It's been what 6 years?  You still don't acknowledge the truth

Trumps election in 2016 was in no way interfered as we know our elections our secure. 

The democrats are literally attempting to claim our elections are able to fixed by foreign governments. Ignorance is bliss. 

Trump won. Who isn't recognizing that? 

You can't understand the difference to pointing out problems with an election and simply declaring, for years, in court, in public, in rallies, with violent mobs, the election was stolen and he wants a re-do? 

You don't understand that, correct? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump won. Who isn't recognizing that? 

You can't understand the difference to pointing out problems with an election and simply declaring, for years, in court, in public, in rallies, with violent mobs, the election was stolen and he wants a re-do? 

You don't understand that, correct? 

you mean like years of “investigations” declaring the election stolen and fixed by the Russians and that they wrongly claimed he colluded with the Russians? Like that? Then orchestrated riots in 2020 leading to the election and even one where they attempted to storm the White House where 90 secret service agents were injured? 

you don’t understand that, correct?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

you mean like years of “investigations” declaring the election stolen and fixed by the Russians and that they wrongly claimed he colluded with the Russians? Like that? Then orchestrated riots in 2020 leading to the election and even one where they attempted to storm the White House where 90 secret service agents were injured? 

Trump did collude w Russia and Barr covered it up for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You don't understand the difference in reactions, correct? 

You also don't understand the results of the investigation, do you? Lol, you are just full of BS and love spewing it. 

You act like Mueller cleared Trump, totally not true. 

You also hate our constitutional republic. Sad 

Your side is going to lose. It already is losing. It's garbage and sewage and it's losing. Piss on MAGE trash 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You don't understand the difference in reactions, correct? 

You also don't understand the results of the investigation, do you? Lol, you are just full of BS and love spewing it. 

You act like Mueller cleared Trump, totally not true. 

You also hate our constitutional republic. Sad 

Your side is going to lose. It already is losing. It's garbage and sewage and it's losing. Piss on MAGE trash 

Really keeping it classy though huh😂 

So much rage... 

• Agree 1