Bills lost 6 starters from last year's team. 4 aren't on an NFL roster and one is a projected backup

CorkScrewHill

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Depends on if/when he gets healthy and if he returns to previous form.  As a few games rental, he can't do too much harm.

From most accounts he works as hard or harder than anyone else in the league. Allen’s definitely at the point where ego wouldn’t be an issue, especially after injuries. I’m sure OBJ would fit right in on the roster. Question is the repeated knee injuries. That eventually takes a toll. 

5 hours ago, djp14150 said:

i would have kept Hughes fir a low 1 yr just fir being a long veteran.  I don’t know if they offered him a low contract and he declined wanting instead to start/ play more somewhere else.

When you have used a #2 and then a #1 and #2 at that position in the draft, you have to let those players get on the field and play.  Hughes and Addison not being signed is also directly correlated to that. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

He reportedly has bad back issues.

I don't remember seeing that, but this would makes sense.  In a league where Van Roten and Hart are being counted on to contribute, it's hard to understand why Darryl Williams is not on a roster otherwise.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

I don't remember seeing that, but this would makes sense.  In a league where Van Roten and Hart are being counted on to contribute, it's hard to understand why Darryl Williams is not on a roster otherwise.

he also cannot be fit under the cap as his cap hit was more than 5M

16 hours ago, Doc said:

OBJ...

It's not happening despite what GM Von Miller wants. The only possible way would be if someone else got injured. The Bills have $2 mil cap space so they would be pushing any salary into future years and then who does he replace? You can't just take Kumerow out because he also plays special teams. I don't see it happening 

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

QB….= Josh was about as good as you get last season, not sure how you can expect more
RB….=/+ Marginal improvement possible with Cook, but it’s unproven
FB….= Sure
WR…+ Agree if this is because Davis improved last season 
TE….= agree
OL….= This is a worry. On paper they got better at run blocking and worse at pass blocking. Overall they might be a push, but for this team I think it could be a real negative l. 

DE….+ Agree. I’d give it a ++ as Miller is a huge addition 
DT….+ Probably
LB….= agree

CB….- agree, and it’s a real worry. With Tre coming back from injury there might be a very big drop off

S……= agree, though the dings are a worry

Specials….= agree

with tre coming back he’s only got to be Levi Wallace good. The OC change is the biggest item to watch early imo. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's not happening despite what GM Von Miller wants. The only possible way would be if someone else got injured. The Bills have $2 mil cap space so they would be pushing any salary into future years and then who does he replace? You can't just take Kumerow out because he also plays special teams. I don't see it happening 

If they wanted to, they can restructure other contracts.

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

with tre coming back he’s only got to be Levi Wallace good. The OC change is the biggest item to watch early imo. 

Good point about the OC change. But I disagree about Tre. When he’s playing up to his ability they can roll coverage away from him. A limited or sidelined Tre limits the defensive options. 

23 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

QB….= Josh was about as good as you get last season, not sure how you can expect more

You can expect more because Josh’s development is not complete and he is a competitive and self-driven player.  And he’s a unicorn.🦄
RB….=/+ Marginal improvement possible with Cook, but it’s unproven

The running game in general is improved because of Moss’ health, Cook, and the hiring of Beach Chairs
FB….= Sure
WR…+ Agree if this is because Davis improved last season 
TE….= agree
OL….= This is a worry. On paper they got better at run blocking and worse at pass blocking. Overall they might be a push, but for this team I think it could be a real negative l. 
Beach Chairs.  End of story.

DE….+ Agree. I’d give it a ++ as Miller is a huge addition 
DT….+ Probably
LB….= agree

CB….- agree, and it’s a real worry. With Tre coming back from injury there might be a very big drop off

Is there an area you’d trust McD and Frazier to coach up more than CB?  I can’t think of one.  White’s return will make a very good defense even better.

S……= agree, though the dings are a worry

Specials….= agree

See above in red

On 9/3/2022 at 9:28 AM, BarleyNY said:

It is really not unreasonable for Allen to have a better year this year than in 2021.  All he has to do is return to his 2020 level.  His 2021 peak may be better but there is no doubt Allen was much much more consistent in 2020. Almost all his 2020 numbers were better, some significantly, even with the mid-season shoulder injury.

Edited by Billy Claude

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Levi Wallace officially the backup in Pittsburgh. He was a nice piece but was never going to be a top end starter for us.

https://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart/

Not really surprised.   He is tied for the 47th highest paid CB.  Considering players on rookie contracts and that the newest contracts are larger, this is pretty much high end backup CB money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.