So What's Your Thoughts On This Bit of Genius Coming Out of Cali ? Edit: Here's More Brilliance !!

So in another stroke of brilliance as can only be from the great state of California their illustrious leader/leaders have proposed a bill to ban ALL sales of new gas powered cars by the year 2035 . From now till then what will this do to the price of gas in the US not to mention the already ridiculous price of cars & trucks due to such a law ? 

Plus what else will come from this ? Maybe they will put a extra tax on those coming into the state that drive gas powered cars, maybe those that decide or can't afford to buy electric cars & keep their old gas powered cars will be charged more in a higher registration fee, & we know there will be higher taxes on gas in general to pay for the infrastructure change over .

I could see if they would use just a little bit of common sense & maybe say in LA seeing as it has always had a smog problem for years making some kind of change there to cut back which i think would be good but this seems to go right along the same thoughts of giving out hypo's to drug addicts as long as they turn them back in after they use them .

How's that stroke of genius working out ?

I can see NYS & some others following along with this same kind of thing because of the big  cities just because the brilliance in that & other government bodies are just about the same as that of California's !

I think in the long run the rush to put something like this into law will only do more harm than good because they as usual just rush into it with out much if any study on what it will exactly take to make this a success .

Success & ramifications be damned because this is our idea so make it so number one despite the consequences !! 

Let's not start small study it & work up form there with the data gathered from it let's just do the hole enchilada and then when it does screw up we will deal with that by spending more money to fix that after it's implementation .

If all of this was only caused by fossil fuels they may be onto something but there is much more to this entire equation but that doesn't fit the narrative or agenda to what they are trying to accomplish so put ALL the blame on cars only & do away with fossil fueled cars to make this a perfect fossil fuel to produce electric car type world . 

Edit:

I've heard that California is at it still once again as if they haven't done enough damage already this is some more liberal brilliance at it's best !!

Now they want to make minimum wage $22.00 per hr for jobs that are for beginners in the work force . So how many taco's of Hamburgers will they have to sell per hr to pay the 6 or so folks preparing them & then have enough profit to pay the bills & every thing else ? They are a bunch of ding bats !

Plus if this spreads all across the country if they get it to go through my wages will automatically have to go up because i am a journey man in certain area's of construction so if menial jobs like preparing burgers or taco's has a cost of $22.00 per hr my $35.00 per hr for 30 + yrs of experience just went to $50 .

But these wacka doodles don't get it it's all relevant & this is more than likely in part because of the highest taxes in the land that they've put on the people plus record inflation that the the Inflation act is going to fix !! What a bunch of screw lose MF ers !! 

Edited by T master

24 minutes ago, T master said:

So in another stroke of brilliance as can only be from the great state of California their illustrious leader/leaders have proposed a bill to ban ALL sales of new gas powered cars by the year 2035 . From now till then what will this do to the price of gas in the US not to mention the already ridiculous price of cars & trucks due to such a law ? 

Plus what else will come from this ? Maybe they will put a extra tax on those coming into the state that drive gas powered cars, maybe those that decide or can't afford to buy electric cars & keep their old gas powered cars will be charged more in a higher registration fee, & we know there will be higher taxes on gas in general to pay for the infrastructure change over .

I could see if they would use just a little bit of common sense & maybe say in LA seeing as it has always had a smog problem for years making some kind of change there to cut back which i think would be good but this seems to go right along the same thoughts of giving out hypo's to drug addicts as long as they turn them back in after they use them .

I can see NYS & some others following along with this same kind of thing because of the big  cities just because the brilliance in that & other government bodies are just about the same as that of California's !

I think in the long run the rush to put something like this into law will only do more harm than good because they as usual just rush into it with out much if any study on what it will exactly take to make this a success .

Success & ramifications be damned because this is our idea so make it so number one despite the consequences !! 

Let's not start small study it & work up form there with the data gathered from it let's just do the hole enchilada and then when it does screw up we will deal with that by spending more money to fix that after it's implementation .

If all of this was only caused by fossil fuels they may be onto something but there is much more to this entire equation but that doesn't fit the narrative or agenda to what they are trying to accomplish so put ALL the blame on cars only & do away with fossil fueled cars to make this a perfect fossil fuel to produce electric car type world . 

next will be outlawing meat and flatulence 

• Like (+1) 1

They already have scheduled electrical "Black Outs".

How are they going to accommodate the influx of electric vehicles on the power grid?

Not to mention they already have laws to convert to Green Energy, which many experts say are already hitting their theoretical max contribution capacity.

I imagine the next step will be to outlaw vehicles within city limits.

15 hours ago, T master said:

Your post ignores several things. First, the EU already put this law in place and CA is just following suit. ( If CA was a country it would have the fifth largest economy in the world too).  Second the US govt also pledged to stop purchasing gas cars by 2035.

With the above, especially in the EU the auto industry was part of those negotiations and did get some concessions in these plans. Also, with CA, US govt and the EU, it could be enough economic pressure to force the stopping of production on gas cars.

You’re looking at the US power grid as of today and are ignoring the bi-partisan infrastructure bill that is designed to update the US power grid to fix the problem of everyone having electric cars.

As for gas prices with more people using electric, if we’re looking at basic Econ, wouldn’t the decrease in demand decrease price (assume then OPEC et all would shift supply to maintain gas prices)

You rant about a whole bunch of what ifs without any justification or reasons to believe those will occur except for your feels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Your post ignores several things. First, the EU already put this law in place and CA is just following suit. ( If CA was a country it would have the fifth largest economy in the world too).  Second the US govt also pledged to stop purchasing gas cars by 2035.

With the above, especially in the EU the auto industry was part of those negotiations and did get some concessions in these plans. Also, with CA, US govt and the EU, it could be enough economic pressure to force the stopping of production on gas cars.

You’re looking at the US power grid as of today and are ignoring the bi-partisan infrastructure bill that is designed to update the US power grid to fix the problem of everyone having electric cars.

As for gas prices with more people using electric, if we’re looking at basic Econ, wouldn’t the decrease in demand decrease price (assume then OPEC et all would shift supply to maintain gas prices)

You rant about a whole bunch of what ifs without any justification or reasons to believe those will occur except for your feels.

If people in California are so stupid that they elect officials that issue continuous proclamations and regulations and pass laws banning all kinds of things and imposing one restriction or another on their choices and freedoms its their business.  What will happen is people and business will migrate to other "free enterprise" friendly jurisdictions and states.  And what's left of it, well I wish them good luck.    

While I've got nothing against the fundamental idea of electrifying the US vehicle fleet I think the idea as currently presented is a fantasy based on wishful thinking.  I don't see "the plan" for producing all the additional carbon free electricity that will be required to charge all those vehicles.   For now its mostly fossil fuel consuming power plants which begs the question what's the point if all you're doing is moving the CO2 production from one step in the process to another while incurring all kinds of additional costs and inefficiencies?  You can issue all the edicts you want but there's got to be some associated actions and I just don't think these geniuses running policy have any credible plan to put in place the physical infrastructure to support it all.  Why its not obvious to more people I don't understand.       

• Eyeroll 1

Speaking as someone who actually lives in California, I can tell you that this place is almost unrecognizable these days. The state has become a aesthetic dump. If you can look through the trash, graffiti and homeless encampments you can just barely make out the natural beauty that attracted so many to come here….including myself many decades ago. If you haven’t visited lately I guarantee you’ll be shocked. Now, with regards to electric vehicles I have to say the mandate is probably the only way to get to where they want to go. Unfortunately it’s another virtue signal filled gesture that will do little to help the planet while having adverse consequences to the overall quality of life. But I guess that’s the goal. The Church of Climate Change requires sacrifices be made to the Earth God. 

33 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If people in California are so stupid that they elect officials that issue continuous proclamations and regulations and pass laws banning all kinds of things and imposing one restriction or another on their choices and freedoms its their business.  What will happen is people and business will migrate to other "free enterprise" friendly jurisdictions and states.  And what's left of it, well I wish them good luck.    

While I've got nothing against the fundamental idea of electrifying the US vehicle fleet I think the idea as currently presented is a fantasy based on wishful thinking.  I don't see "the plan" for producing all the additional carbon free electricity that will be required to charge all those vehicles.   For now its mostly fossil fuel consuming power plants which begs the question what's the point if all you're doing is moving the CO2 production from one step in the process to another while incurring all kinds of additional costs and inefficiencies?  You can issue all the edicts you want but there's got to be some associated actions and I just don't think these geniuses running policy have any credible plan to put in place the physical infrastructure to support it all.  Why its not obvious to more people I don't understand.       

That’s an interesting what if that doesn’t seem to be an issue.

CAs GDP is up 16.69 percent over 5 years. (https://www.deptofnumbers.com/gdp/california/)

Compared to TX which is 12.32 (https://www.deptofnumbers.com/gdp/texas/)

This while CA offers lower state and local taxes than TX: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdgZ6KOOGww/?igshid=ZWQxOWIzNTU=

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/texans-pay-more-taxes-than-californians-17400644.php

According to ITEP, Texans whose salaries fall into the lowest 20 percent of income earners (making less than $20,900 annually) pay about 13 percent of their income in state and local taxes. Meanwhile, Californians in the bottom 20 percent (making less than $23,200 annually) pay 10.5 percent. In Texas, the middle 20 percent of income earners ($35,800-$56,000) pay 9.7 percent in state and local taxes in contrast to middle income Californians ($39,100-$62,300), who only pay 8.9 percent. Most glaringly, the top 1 percent of earners in Texas ($617,900 or more) pay 3.1 percent of their income in contrast to top earnings in California ($714,400 or more) who pay 12.4 percent. 

So I’d think people would want to go a lower taxes jurisdiction that has an actual electric grid that’s seeing higher economic growth.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

I'll help you out here...these politicians making these calls are not smart.  Not only that, they are driven by an agenda, making them doubly dangerous.

The most obvious example is the Global (east-to-west:  Japan, China, Europe, United States, California) renewed Love Affair with Nuclear Energy.  They (being the Global Leftist-Eco-Elitists) should NEVER have called for the retirement of existing Fission Reactors and essentially ruled out the construction of new ones.  Those were catastrophic errors and over-reactions to what was an awful situation...but many, many more people will be negatively affected, including die, from these disastrous policy mistakes over the next few years based on those decisions.

The US Infrastructure Bill...gimme a break.  You guys fall hook-line-sinker for these Democrat "print-money policy bills" like your idols are actually doing something.  It's really sad, but it propels the insanity.  Here's an article from a typcial Left-wing news source, Bloomberg, that admits that the Gov't charging stations often don't work:  The EV Charging Buildout Has a Problem: Many Stations Don’t Work - Bloomberg

10 years ago the Obama Admin canceled Space Flight, great idea...not.  Now realizing how bad they've actually screwed Western Civilization with their Energy plans, the Biden Admin is trying to claim credit for Fusion, which IS the eventual solution but is a decade or two away.

Trump is a pretty terrible person, but read up on what he told Germany about being hostage to Russian Nat Gas.  I'll take a guy that makes jokes in poor taste, but doesn't also torpedo entire civlizations' futures based on Power/Energy

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Correct, these are Smog-reduction propositions, with some improvement in efficiency but also likely destructive for the grid.

Battery storage technologies are where investors should be looking here

16 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

The US Infrastructure Bill...gimme a break.  You guys fall hook-line-sinker for these Democrat "print-money policy bills" like your idols are actually doing something.  It's really sad, but it propels the insanity.  Here's an article from a typcial Left-wing news source, Bloomberg, that admits that the Gov't charging stations often don't work:  The EV Charging Buildout Has a Problem: Many Stations Don’t Work - Bloomberg

The infrastructure bill was a bi-partisan bill that included putting $73 billion into the electrical grid. Bi-partisan means it voted yes and supported by both Republicans and Democrats.

Until you learn basic US politics, you’re opinion is worthless and you’re just spitting out asinine points.

Not the best source but someone with rudimentary understanding of US politics should probably start their education here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_government_of_the_United_States 

8 hours ago, TSOL said:

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/ford-has-bad-news-for-ev-buyers

For raising the prices of F-150 EV's between $6000 and $8500 dollars for 2023 model year. 

I reply'd to another post with this about the electric batteries & this guy tells how & what will happen to the prices & why but you can't tell ignorant people like Tibs or BT anything like this because they just simply don't care about reality they are living in a dream scenario following what ever their glorious leader spouts off !

But hey TIbs & BT have the money why should they care about the other little people just like their leader which is a lot like this guy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg66kwRnOpw

Even if anyone that believes hole heartedly that electric is the way of the future & that it is the only way to save the planet they won't believe a thing this guy says because the Great Bideny & his minions have spoken !! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Okay so by putting gas powered cars out of business and the rising costs of in just 2 years of making batteries being 144% then seeing as the US is already in some $33 trillion of debt how much more will this little change to completely rebuild the infrastructure to add all this added grid to suffice these cars ?

Then for those that can't afford to pay some $76000 to $90000 dollars for say a pick up truck or instead of paying say $20000 for a kia they have to pay $40000 but can't afford it & the cost of gas you can bet will more than likely quadruple by that time too .

Look at what i reply'd earlier the contradiction of battery operated vehicles this man knows more & has done more research than you & your entire family & the US gov't combined this will in no way be a easy or cheap conversion they have already spent so much inflation is going crazy OH wait that's trumps fault i forgot .

Biden has put no effort into research it's just charge ahead & be damned about the rest if they would even in the slightest way consider say doing this 1 city at a time like LA then collecting the data taking it & making improvements on the plan but it's bull in the china shop forge ahead & buy everything they need from China while they are at it .

If it's completely broke then fix it but if it's in need of repair don't just throw it all out the window on a whim ! I remember back in the 70's 2 guys rebuilt a carburetor on a Mercury capri with a 302 in it then drove it from NYC to Miami & the cat got 50 MPG in the 70's but you never heard of it again .

So tell me there isn't something pretty dam shady going on & of you don't think so your a fool then there are a bunch of other things these people have been playing with that has helped their cause .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf78rEAJvhY&t=1402s  

If they would bring it all to light and be truthful then i might believe some of what they say but if their mouth is moving they are probably lying & after they are long gone will profit from it !! 

As far as the EU putting this law in place so we went from being leaders to followers now monkey see monkey do ! The EU had a brilliant plan of 1 money so that means we should do it too Britain was smart enough to get out because they saw the writing on the wall !! 

Edited by T master

43 minutes ago, T master said:

Okay so by putting gas powered cars out of business and the rising costs of in just 2 years of making batteries being 144% then seeing as the US is already in some $33 trillion of debt how much more will this little change to completely rebuild the infrastructure to add all this added grid to suffice these cars ?

Then for those that can't afford to pay some $76000 to $90000 dollars for say a pick up truck or instead of paying say $20000 for a kia they have to pay $40000 but can't afford it & the cost of gas you can bet will more than likely quadruple by that time too .

Look at what i reply'd earlier the contradiction of battery operated vehicles this man knows more & has done more research than you & your entire family & the US gov't combined this will in no way be a easy or cheap conversion they have already spent so much inflation is going crazy OH wait that's trumps fault i forgot .

Biden has put no effort into research it's just charge ahead & be damned about the rest if they would even in the slightest way consider say doing this 1 city at a time like LA then collecting the data taking it & making improvements on the plan but it's bull in the china shop forge ahead & buy everything they need from China while they are at it .

If it's completely broke then fix it but if it's in need of repair don't just throw it all out the window on a whim ! I remember back in the 70's 2 guys rebuilt a carburetor on a Mercury capri with a 302 in it then drove it from NYC to Miami & the cat got 50 MPG in the 70's but you never heard of it again .

So tell me there isn't something pretty dam shady going on & of you don't think so your a fool then there are a bunch of other things these people have been playing with that has helped their cause .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf78rEAJvhY&t=1402s  

If they would bring it all to light and be truthful then i might believe some of what they say but if their mouth is moving they are probably lying & after they are long gone will profit from it !! 

As far as the EU putting this law in place so we went from being leaders to followers now monkey see monkey do ! The EU had a brilliant plan of 1 money so that means we should do it too Britain was smart enough to get out because they saw the writing on the wall !! 

Have you researched any of this? Your first post was full of factual errors and so is this.

1. The bi-partisan infrastructure bill puts $73 billion into the electrical grid and another $7.5 billion into EV charging infrastructure as well. This is spending agreed upon by both parties.

2. There’s no right to a pickup truck in the Constitution. If you can’t afford a pick up truck, you don’t buy one. Plus the Inflation Reduction Act allowed for tax credits to help reduce the cost.

3. The Inflation Reduction Act takes away credits and provides incentives for batteries not made in China and cars assembled on North America.

4. Biden isn’t charging ahead on this. This is a CA policy that follows an EU policy that was negotiated with car companies.

5. Britain who you point out has banned the sales of gas car by 2030, 5 years earlier than the EU and CA: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidrvetter/2020/11/18/britain-will-ban-gasoline-cars-in-2030-why-are-experts-not-impressed/?sh=690910ef36e4

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Have you researched any of this? Your first post was full of factual errors and so is this.

1. The bi-partisan infrastructure bill puts $73 billion into the electrical grid and another $7.5 billion into EV charging infrastructure as well. This is spending agreed upon by both parties.

2. There’s no right to a pickup truck in the Constitution. If you can’t afford a pick up truck, you don’t buy one. Plus the Inflation Reduction Act allowed for tax credits to help reduce the cost.

3. The Inflation Reduction Act takes away credits and provides incentives for batteries not made in China and cars assembled on North America.

4. Biden isn’t charging ahead on this. This is a CA policy that follows an EU policy that was negotiated with car companies.

5. Britain who you point out has banned the sales of gas car by 2030, 5 years earlier than the EU and CA: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidrvetter/2020/11/18/britain-will-ban-gasoline-cars-in-2030-why-are-experts-not-impressed/?sh=690910ef36e4

With all the talk that Biden has had on this subject you don't think he is behind it common man your not that big of a fool are you ?

The Inflation Reduction Act is about as useful as the the "Affordable Health care act" which was in no way affordable i say that because before it's inception i was shopping insurance which was going to be $280 a month immediately after the "Affordable Health care act" was put into law it went to $600 a month !

This Inflation Reduction Act will cause more inflation not less you can't borrow money & expect it to bring down the deficit & as deep as the US is in debt borrowing more money is not the cure it is the reason why we have the highest inflation in history right now .

And China will be a part of anything the US builds they are so deep into us now they basically run this country & we just keep going along with it because the business owners have moved all our manufacturing there if you don;t believe it look back at the pandemic when we had to wait to get things from them & the supply chain disruption that is still happening today .

36 minutes ago, T master said:

With all the talk that Biden has had on this subject you don't think he is behind it common man your not that big of a fool are you ?

The Inflation Reduction Act is about as useful as the the "Affordable Health care act" which was in no way affordable i say that because before it's inception i was shopping insurance which was going to be $280 a month immediately after the "Affordable Health care act" was put into law it went to $600 a month !

This Inflation Reduction Act will cause more inflation not less you can't borrow money & expect it to bring down the deficit & as deep as the US is in debt borrowing more money is not the cure it is the reason why we have the highest inflation in history right now .

And China will be a part of anything the US builds they are so deep into us now they basically run this country & we just keep going along with it because the business owners have moved all our manufacturing there if you don;t believe it look back at the pandemic when we had to wait to get things from them & the supply chain disruption that is still happening today .

The inflation reduction act has been scored by CBO to reduce the deficit by over $100 billion:

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58366

The rest of your comments are just indescribable nonsense.

12 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

The inflation reduction act has been scored by CBO to reduce the deficit by over $100 billion:

Okay you Tibs & BT go do your daily hang & give praise to all things Joe - just by you saying that you can borrow money & add to the debt/deficit to pay it down tells me all i need to know . 

Add nearly $1 trillion by the time it's all said & done to the debt & it pays down the deficit $100 billion by putting $73 billion into the grid & $7.5 billion into EV charging then add the compounded interest daily to the some $30 trillion already owed yep that Joe/US economics 1 0 1 ...  What school did you learn your economics from ? 

Let's compare your economics to mine - my house is paid for - i own all of my vehicles - i have a good chunk of money set back just in case of emergency - glory to god for it all 🙌 . Your turn . 

Oh & by the way the pick up truck reference in my past reply was to tell you exactly what you said but in your imminent wisdom you said exactly what i meant .

If you can't afford it because of the cost of the batteries have increased by 144% in one year you have to keep your gas powered car which then you have to pay inflated gas prices (and the taxes added to that to pay for the inflation reduction act) because they aren't selling as much so have to increase the price to make it worth wild to produce it still or if your car is old & you need a new one & can't buy a gas powered car your screwed & have to pay the higher priced electric car so thanks for the constitutional reference proving my point .

As Journey said in it famous song "Don't stop Believing - hold on to that feeling" and it will all get better soon . 

38 minutes ago, T master said:

Okay you Tibs & BT go do your daily hang & give praise to all things Joe - just by you saying that you can borrow money & add to the debt/deficit to pay it down tells me all i need to know . 

Add nearly $1 trillion by the time it's all said & done to the debt & it pays down the deficit $100 billion by putting $73 billion into the grid & $7.5 billion into EV charging then add the compounded interest daily to the some $30 trillion already owed yep that Joe/US economics 1 0 1 ...  What school did you learn your economics from ? 

Let's compare your economics to mine - my house is paid for - i own all of my vehicles - i have a good chunk of money set back just in case of emergency - glory to god for it all 🙌 . Your turn . 

Oh & by the way the pick up truck reference in my past reply was to tell you exactly what you said but in your imminent wisdom you said exactly what i meant .

If you can't afford it because of the cost of the batteries have increased by 144% in one year you have to keep your gas powered car which then you have to pay inflated gas prices (and the taxes added to that to pay for the inflation reduction act) because they aren't selling as much so have to increase the price to make it worth wild to produce it still or if your car is old & you need a new one & can't buy a gas powered car your screwed & have to pay the higher priced electric car so thanks for the constitutional reference proving my point .

As Journey said in it famous song "Don't stop Believing - hold on to that feeling" and it will all get better soon . 

I think the difference between say me and @Tiberius and you is we understand concepts like economics, politics and general reading comprehension.

If you read the CBO scoring of the I clarion Reduction Act, revenues from the laws in the act, exceed spending. When that occurs, the deficit decreases.

Comparing a household to a Federal govt is dumb but to use your example, say you just got $100 raise. Part of the raise requires you to spend $30 on new equipment. So you still have a $70 raise. Here, the govt is spending money but their raise is bigger than they’re spending.

If we look at basic Econ, when demand for a good decreases, the price decreases. Absent all the other factors that affect gas, if more people have electric cars, demand for gas will decrease, which would decrease price.

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I think the difference between say me and @Tiberius and you is we understand concepts like economics, politics and general reading comprehension.

If you read the CBO scoring of the I clarion Reduction Act, revenues from the laws in the act, exceed spending. When that occurs, the deficit decreases.

Comparing a household to a Federal govt is dumb but to use your example, say you just got $100 raise. Part of the raise requires you to spend $30 on new equipment. So you still have a $70 raise. Here, the govt is spending money but their raise is bigger than they’re spending.

If we look at basic Econ, when demand for a good decreases, the price decreases. Absent all the other factors that affect gas, if more people have electric cars, demand for gas will decrease, which would decrease price.

And following our gov't past history in regards to spending with all their great economic ideas and the fact that we are in $30 + trillion of debt i'm thinking i'll stay with my economic concepts ! 

Basic economics can be compared from household to gov't it's just a lot bigger the more you borrow the more interest & if you don't pay it down the interest will eventually like it has with the US debt over take any payments made it's just common sense which isn't used in Gov't spending .

With the raise when you add inflation across the board for everything you buy you have to spend more for the same things you purchased for less prior to & the increase in cost of materials & prices of cars going up plus the auto industry has to completely retool their manufacturing and those cost being passed on the pay raise is no longer a raise it's common sense .

But you keep reading what Joe & this administration puts out & like i said you just keep singing the Journey song & it will all get better .

16 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Yep, by "raising" $200B in taxes off of the actual already-paying-taxes taxpayers which will never actually materialize.

Such a joke our gov't, country and Left-wingers have become.  

Can't be a "Soulful Nation" if you're giving Free things to your supporters

On 8/28/2022 at 3:33 PM, T master said:

Pretty sure automakers are already on track to sell nothing but EV's by then anyway...they have stopped all development on ICE. 

So what were you talking about again? 

How many miles of the high-speed rail have been built so far and at what cost? It was so long ago I can't remember, when did that project start?

So a state that can't lay train track or keep the current electric grid on-line is going to ......

Completely upgrade the grid adding 2-3X more capacity.

Make the grid reliable to the point that homes, businesses and the entire transportation infrastructure can operate from it without interruption. 

Source the added capacity through renewables (per CA Senate Bill 100 guidelines).

Do so in a physically large state with heavily populated areas.

Complete this by roughly 2035 (13 years) when new ICE vehicles will no longer go on sale.

In 13 years they will be lucky to have broken ground.....HA HA HA!  

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They need to build a few nuclear power plants to support the energy needed. 

I understood they were shutting them all down.  I think the plant is Diablo Canyon they want to shut down next.  Maybe they'll mandate powering the State by strapping solar panels and propellers to a space camp helmet with I Luv Gavin decals they'll force everyone to wear when they shut down civilization and direct the State's citizens to return to living in the woods where they can compete with squirrels and woodchucks for nuts and berries?  I'm betting on the squirrels here as they are a lot more intelligent that most give them credit for, and certainly much smarter than the average neo-liberal climate enthusiast. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

They need to build a few nuclear power plants to support the energy needed. 

California Senate Bill 100 has no exemptions for nuclear.  Per the bill, CA must be on 100% renewables by 2045.  Here's a somewhat dated but good article by the WSJ...

California Scrambles to Find Electricity to Offset Plant Closures

"California is racing to secure large amounts of power in the next few years to make up for the impending closure of fossil-fuel power plants and a nuclear facility that provides nearly 10% of the electricity generated in the state."

On 8/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, nedboy7 said:

The entire world is feeling climate change effects.  China is going 40% EV production by 2030. Yet these idiots think there is no climate change and electric vehicles are like Covid. An agenda by liberals.  

Actually the idiots are the one who think humans can’t adapt to a degree hotter in 78 years, so we all must go vegan and ride bicycles… and at the same time let’s go colonize mars 😂 

or that the earth is so delicate that one more ice cube sized glacier in the ocean and New York will be underwater. 😂 

or that China or India give a ***** about carbon emissions 😂 😂 

or that all these western austerity measures will do anything whatsoever to reduce co2 in the atmosphere, by front loading the massive initial carbon footprint of lithium ion Evs. Hint whats already up there will be for 500 years… 😂 

the idiots are the ones who have zero fundamental science and business knowledge but buy tons of plastic because it’s tossed into a green container with a heartwarming symbol on it, only to go to a landfill.  

the idiots are the ones that believe these politicians have the people interests at heart, and want you to reduce your carbon foot print, while driving their porches, living in mansions and jetting around the country… 🐑 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Actually the idiots are the one who think humans can’t adapt to a degree hotter in 78 years, so we all must go vegan and ride bicycles… and at the same time let’s go colonize mars 😂 

or that the earth is so delicate that one more ice cube sized glacier in the ocean and New York will be underwater. 😂 

or that all these western austerity measures will do anything whatsoever to reduce co2 in the atmosphere, by front loading the massive initial carbon footprint of lithium ion Evs. Hint whats already up there will be for 500 years… 😂 

the idiots are the ones who have zero fundamental science and business knowledge but buy tons of plastic because it’s tossed into a green container with a heartwarming symbol on it, only to go to a landfill.  

the idiots are the ones that believe these politicians have the people interests at heart, and want you to reduce your carbon foot print, while driving their porches, living in mansions and jetting around the country… 🐑 

Yeah the entire world has fallen for evil scientists who make billions off fighting fossil fuel.

Edited by nedboy7

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah the entire world has fallen for evil scientists who make billions off fossil fuel. 

Right on queue 🐑 living in fear right where they expect you to be! 

Oh my god the world will end next year if one more cow farts… 👻 

😂 exactly…. Nobody stands to make billions from all these green energy fantasies .

say it out loud! ‘Let’s colonize mars… also let’s live in fear of co2, a gas humans exhale btw, and a degree hotter in 96 years!  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Now here's someone with a little common sense. It's all pseudo-science

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Right on queue 🐑 living in fear right where they expect you to be! 

Oh my god the world will end next year if one more cow farts… 👻 

😂 exactly…. Nobody stands to make billions from all these green energy fantasies .

say it out loud! ‘Let’s colonize mars… also let’s live in fear of co2, a gas humans exhale btw, and a degree hotter in 96 years!  

Your oversimplification is a sign of your ignorance.  Some catchy sounding slogans from whatever absurd sources you get your news from. 

Cow farts!  CO2 is life!  Climate scientists make millions! 

Water is in every cell.  You are about 60% water.  Go sit underwater for a bit.  See what happens.  Your logic is non existent. 

Try reading an opposing view once.  I've read all your garbage. 

https://www.dw.com/en/are-us-republicans-finally-waking-up-to-the-climate-crisis/a-59215389

"Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI," Elon Musk said in an interview. "I keep telling people this. I hate to be Cassandra here, but it's all fun and games until somebody loses a ***** eye. This view [of climate change] is shared by almost everyone who's not crazy in the scientific community."

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

"Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI," Elon Musk said in an interview. "I keep telling people this. I hate to be Cassandra here, but it's all fun and games until somebody loses a ***** eye. This view [of climate change] is shared by almost everyone who's not crazy in the scientific community."

I’m not denying climate change, I’m not even suggesting it’s not worth doing some about… but this hand wringing panic and existential crisis nonsense is beyond stupid.

What about the 40s to the 70s when global cooling was the consensus global climate crisis? The ice age was coming because pollution something…. I suppose Co2 emissions were ramping down during that period and vegetation had its dominant period in history?? Phew dodged a bullet there. 

since you’re such a believer in this existential threat bedboy, how have you zeroed your footprint? What kind of bicycle do you ride to work? When did you go vegan?  Do you live in a tent or eco friendly zero emission tiny house. How many tree did you plant today. I assume in such a state of panic you must be doing anything you can to avoid the oncoming catastrophe, right?? Don’t even tell me you have a water heater or ac anywhere. That’s criminal 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not denying climate change, I’m not even suggesting it’s not worth doing some about… but this hand wringing panic and existential crisis nonsense is beyond stupid.

What about the 40s to the 70s when global cooling was the consensus global climate crisis? The ice age was coming because pollution something…. I suppose Co2 emissions were ramping down during that period and vegetation had its dominant period in history?? Phew dodged a bullet there. 

since you’re such a believer in this existential threat bedboy, how have you zeroed your footprint? What kind of bicycle do you ride to work? When did you go vegan?  Do you live in a tent or eco friendly zero emission tiny house. How many tree did you plant today. I assume in such a state of panic you must be doing anything you can to avoid the oncoming catastrophe, right?? Don’t even tell me you have a water heater or ac anywhere. That’s criminal 

Yes the only way to combat climate change is to ride a bike to a vegan restaurant.  Glad you think its not a Chinese hoax at least. 

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Yes the only way to combat climate change is to ride a bike to a vegan restaurant.  Glad you think its not a Chinese hoax at least. 

I hope you're doing your part neddie, the fate of the world is in your hand. 

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

but at the same time if you are one of the fools buying this existential crisis schtick you better be be at least carbon neutral otherwise you’re a total scumbag contributing to the demise of humanity according to your own beliefs. 

So what is your personal sacrifice?