Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I havent been active in this thread since it was moved to OTW.  Now at 297 pages, its not something I have the time to read through.  But I am curious if there have been any news on the case.

Of course googling it did nothing, all the articles are weeks old because now that he is not on an NFL roster the media could care less.  But I see in this page there is talk of videos and stuff that came out.  The only thing I saw since the last time I was here was she gave an interview.  But reading some of the comments here, sounds like a video has come out on her from the night of the alleged event?  

So can someone just give the quick cliff notes on what's happened since he was cut, if anything?  Just wondering if anything new came out that helps his case or helps her case.  

The accuser did something of a media blitz.  CBS News, ABC Nightline and some of the local SD affiliates.  On one of them, her image in silhouette was poorly done to the point where her facial features were visible.  Her attorney also released an e-mail he sent to the Bills where he cc'd her e-mail account which was not redacted.  So, she has basially been outed by the actions of her attorney. 

Shortly after this, a YouTube video called "Slutty Halloween" and created by some organization called "BagNation" which was posted last year, came into prominence because it supposedly had the accuser in it saying she was only 18 and bragging that she had a body count of 20.  There were two clips in it where she puts her age at 18 and, oddly, was the only person in the video to even mention their age.  She was in the fairy costume and getting friendly with some unknown, skinny, college aged male person unrelated to the football team, near as I can tell.  It is likely that this video was shot a party earlier the same night as it seemed not to have any of the SDSU football team in it.  

Since all this happened, she and her attorney seem to have gone media silent which certainly is interesting and leads to much speculation.  There has not been much new to the story since.

DNA, video and a new lawsuit in San Diego State rape investigation

The San Diego Police Department released a report showing multiple 'assailants' had sex with alleged victim.

SAN DIEGO — There are major developments in the case involving a young woman accusing several former San Diego State University football players of rape.

DNA rape kit testing results are in. A video of the alleged victim on social media is raising questions.  And a new lawsuit has been filed against the city of San Diego seeking public records in the case.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/investigations/dna-video-new-lawsuit-in-san-diego-state-rape-investigation/509-1628fc33-b7e4-4349-a012-b1e349dbe16f

On 9/14/2022 at 5:31 PM, Gugny said:

I believe we have proof that she told a bunch of people not named Matt Araiza that she was 18.  

We have no idea what she told him; just like we have no idea what happened that night.

That video proves literally nothing with regard to who she had sex with and whether it was consensual.

That video proves to me that it would have been very difficult for the Buffalo Bills to get to the truth of the matter in a couple of days/weeks.  It was utter chaos and expecting a football team’s investigation staff/contractors to determine all the answers in a short window was always a standard well beyond reasonable.  Yet the Tim Grahams of the world portrayed it as simple, while also citing lawyer’s assertions as “direct quotes from Araiza”.

The underlying story/case is one where the whole truth may never be known' yet the Bills are the villains for not knowing.  Those reporters are a joke.

Clearly the case itself is more important than football and I agree with your that the tape proves nothing about what she said later or what did or did not happen to her.  Unfortunately, it is likely to be used as part of a “short skirt” defense and if it proves effective it won’t be the first time.  Sadly there is a risk that a gang rape occurred but won’t be able to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That video proves to me that it would have been very difficult for the Buffalo Bills to get to the truth of the matter in a couple of days/weeks.  It was utter chaos and expecting a football team’s investigation staff/contractors to determine all the answers in a short window was always a standard well beyond reasonable.  Yet the Tim Grahams of the world portrayed it as simple, while also citing lawyer’s assertions as “direct quotes from Araiza”.

The underlying story/case is one where the whole truth may never be known' yet the Bills are the villains for not knowing.  Those reporters are a joke.

Clearly the case itself is more important than football and I agree with your that the tape proves nothing about what she said later or what did or did not happen to her.  Unfortunately, it is likely to be used as part of a “short skirt” defense and if it proves effective it won’t be the first time.  Sadly there is a risk that a gang rape occurred but won’t be able to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

You and I are 100% in alignment on everything you've stated.

5 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The accuser did something of a media blitz.  CBS News, ABC Nightline and some of the local SD affiliates.  On one of them, her image in silhouette was poorly done to the point where her facial features were visible.  Her attorney also released an e-mail he sent to the Bills where he cc'd her e-mail account which was not redacted.  So, she has basially been outed by the actions of her attorney. 

Shortly after this, a YouTube video called "Slutty Halloween" and created by some organization called "BagNation" which was posted last year, came into prominence because it supposedly had the accuser in it saying she was only 18 and bragging that she had a body count of 20.  There were two clips in it where she puts her age at 18 and, oddly, was the only person in the video to even mention their age.  She was in the fairy costume and getting friendly with some unknown, skinny, college aged male person unrelated to the football team, near as I can tell.  It is likely that this video was shot a party earlier the same night as it seemed not to have any of the SDSU football team in it.  

Since all this happened, she and her attorney seem to have gone media silent which certainly is interesting and leads to much speculation.  There has not been much new to the story since.

I thought she said a body count over 50?

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

And #1 in the joke line is Chuck Pollock of the Olean Times Herald. https://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/bills/araiza-scandal-reflects-badly-on-bills-hierarchy/article_db4362ab-9942-5f0c-8e6d-58ec4e57a544.html

4 minutes ago, boater said:

I refuse to give that a click. I’m not even sure if I want the Cliff Notes. 

I believe 4 teams didn’t know (including the Bills until well after the draft), and 2 had an idea that something was up, but not sure what. I don’t see this as a negative reflection on the team at all. When it came out, he was gone. It’s a shame that……….well, the whole damn thing is just a terrible shame for all concerned. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I havent been active in this thread since it was moved to OTW.  Now at 297 pages, its not something I have the time to read through.  But I am curious if there have been any news on the case.

Of course googling it did nothing, all the articles are weeks old because now that he is not on an NFL roster the media could care less.  But I see in this page there is talk of videos and stuff that came out.  The only thing I saw since the last time I was here was she gave an interview.  But reading some of the comments here, sounds like a video has come out on her from the night of the alleged event?  

So can someone just give the quick cliff notes on what's happened since he was cut, if anything?  Just wondering if anything new came out that helps his case or helps her case.  

nothing much has come around.

it’s bern found out she has bern sexually actively sleeping with 20+ men

another video has surfaced of her being at another party

they have done DNA testing. Unsure how far along the are in this testing

14 hours ago, djp14150 said:

nothing much has come around.

it’s bern found out she has bern sexually actively sleeping with 20+ men

another video has surfaced of her being at another party

they have done DNA testing. Unsure how far along the are in this testing

@muppyposted a linked news article above stating the DNA results are now in and that the SDPD has provided a report stating those tests reveal that multiple men had sex with the victim. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

@muppyposted a linked news article above stating the DNA results are now in and that the SDPD has provided a report stating those tests reveal that multiple men had sex with the victim. 

We already knew multiple men had sex…DNA wasn’t required.

we do not know if they completed all the testing.  Thry did not say what form of testing was done.

33 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

We already knew multiple men had sex…DNA wasn’t required.

we do not know if they completed all the testing.  Thry did not say what form of testing was done.

DNA was required to match the specific DNA profiles of the alleged assailants. According to the linked article, that’s now been completed by the SDPD. Not sure of other alleged assailants, but according to the article, Araiza voluntarily provided a DNA sample to police on 9/6. The DNA profiles obtained may be inculpatory or exculpatory evidence for Araiza as well as any other of the accused. If that’s not a significant development in the case, I don’t what is. 

As for the type of testing, what form of DNA testing is usually performed on rape kits? I honestly don’t know, but would be interested in whatever info you could offer. 

42 minutes ago, K-9 said:

DNA was required to match the specific DNA profiles of the alleged assailants. According to the linked article, that’s now been completed by the SDPD. Not sure of other alleged assailants, but according to the article, Araiza voluntarily provided a DNA sample to police on 9/6. The DNA profiles obtained may be inculpatory or exculpatory evidence for Araiza as well as any other of the accused. If that’s not a significant development in the case, I don’t what is. 

As for the type of testing, what form of DNA testing is usually performed on rape kits? I honestly don’t know, but would be interested in whatever info you could offer. 

Araiza and the girl admitted to having consensual sex so him submitting a DNA sample is a formality.  She didn't say she consented to have sex with the other assailants so if their DNA was found, they're in big trouble.  Whether they talk and implicate or exonerate Araiza is the biggest question mark.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Araiza and the girl admitted to having consensual sex so him submitting a DNA sample is a formality.  She didn't say she consented to have sex with the other assailants so if their DNA was found, they're in big trouble.  Whether they talk and implicate or exonerate Araiza is the biggest question mark.

I'm not sure what the defence of the others is - could be that it was consenual. Unlike with Araiza (in the first instance, at least) this is, of course, disputed.

Edited by UKBillFan

12 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm not sure what the defence of the others is - could be that it was consenual. Unlike with Araiza (in the first instance, at least) this is, of course, disputed.

She originally said she couldn't remember any of it so she must have been passed-out.  So even if she had given consent, it doesn't count.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

She originally said she couldn't remember any of it so she must have been passed-out.  So even if she had given consent, it doesn't count.

I imagine their defence will be that she was in a position to give consent and did so. The prosecution will state as you say above.

29 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I imagine their defence will be that she was in a position to give consent and did so. The prosecution will state as you say above.

I'm sure that's what they'll try to use, but if she doesn't remember it, their DNA was there and there was trauma, that won't help them much.