Preseason week 3: Bills at Panthers 8/26 7pm (local or NFL+)

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Preseason week 3: Bills at Panthers 8/26 7pm (local or NFL+)
2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Hey Bud, 

I would like to suggest whenever you make a post requesting that someone takes action on, that you always address them as “Bud”. That way they know you mean business… 

Hey, you listen here, Pal!

• Haha (+1) 1

A couple questions, but will start with ticket strategy (sorry if addressed earlier in the thread):

Any suggestions on best strategy for getting tickets (we're driving from Raleigh and spending the night)?

Hoping to get two seats for me and my 5 y/o near the Bills bench (or somewhere where we could get down there near the end of the game as it empties out) and my wife and 2 y/o will sit wherever. The wherever tickets are cheap, but down by the bench, not so much ($175ish over the weekendon stubhub)...think wait till day of? I'm looking to get in there for warm-ups, so waiting until the game starts isn't an option.

You guys have no idea how obsessed my 5 y/o is with the Bills and the nfl in general, so I'm willing to pay what the seats are worth for a lifelong memory for him, but figured I'd see if people had advice.

My second question that I'm going to post separately in a bit will be more about how into the Bills he is. He has high functioning autism, and it's crazy how much he knows about football for a 5 y/o (he basically hasnt stopped watching highlights since the offseason and is getting into film breakdowns now). He knows different formations, strategy, calls out penalties before flags come out, how many scores a team would need to catch up, knows when a field goal will make it say a three score game, and the importance of that. He has to deal with so much in terms of how his brain works that so many of us take for granted, and he's trying so hard, but progress isn't always linear and he has his tough moments (not talking tough for me, but where he has a meltdown and after he calms down, you can hear in his words and his facial expressions how he's thinking "it happened again, why can't I just control it like other kids.").

I just want to do something super special for him and am OK spending money on pre-season tickets near the bench if that means he might get to see some of his heros up close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

Beane is such a refreshing interview.   You actually learn stuff.

So what's the guess on who gets a restructured contract this week?

I was just looking at that.  For guys that do not already have a restructure Dawkins is a prime candidate.

Dawkins has 2 more years on his current contract and is down to $11M in dead cap.

Beane could get up to about $5M saved with him, which would do it.

They could go with Josh, but I doubt it.  

Beane said they are impressed with Sweeney.  Dorsey says Gilliam is FB and not TE.

I have to believe it could now be 3 TEs with Knox, Howard and Sweeney on the 53.

That puts pressure on the O roster and makes a good chance that 7WRs is off the table.

The only way I see 7 is if there is 26 - O and 24 - D.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane said restructure so I don't see any new long-term extensions this year for Edmunds, Poyer, Knox or even Singletary.

I'm down with that.  Let them all play and worry about who you are keeping next spring.

Beane's exact words (when asked if trading Ford got him where he needed to go for the 53-man cap) were "I'm going to do something probably this week" and "I'm probably going to do, Um, ah [looks down] a restructure this week"

I think we're gonna see a move this week, but I'm not sold that it's going to be a restructure.  He said first he was going to do SOMETHING, then he said "probably going to do a restructure".

Poyer has a $10.8k cap hit right now, according to Spotrac.  Just sayin'.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.