Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

When this thing was heading to the initial hearing, I predicted 12 games. 

This was a good deal for Watson.

But if he truly is a serial predator, this won’t be the last we hear from him.

miyagi his forced apology (noone is buying it) especially his "triggering" comment today shows me this guy clearly still does not get it. At all. He makes my stomach turn.  His pockets are soo deep this fine and lost revenue will  hurt him squat. blech.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Last week he did but that’s only because  he was trying to get the settlement. He must have forgotten he already apologized oopsie 

Or he does remember, and is rubbing everyone's face in the fact that he clearly doesn't give a ***** and gets away with it.

• Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Last week he did but that’s only because  he was trying to get the settlement. He must have forgotten he already apologized oopsie 

Watching the NFL network interviewing Haslams and GM Jimmy said that and the reporter did a good job coming back at him with Deshaun saying he didn't do anything wrong earlier.

Wow Kareem Hunt is going to love being lumped in with this.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I don't think predators can be addressed or fixed and I wouldn't shed any tears,

There is data on this. Sexual predators tend to be "the worst humans" when it comes to rehabilitation. Murderers, thieves, drug dealers, all have significantly better rehabilitation rates than rapists and pedophiles at scale. 

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The NFL had a choice between hitting Watson hard and then having the NFLPA challenge the lawfulness of his new disciplinary process (as they had threatened) or find a settlement and protect the process that Goodell and his client journalists have told us is wonderful and out of the reach of the courts. 

They did what they always do. They took the self intrested route and found a settlement. It sucks but I am not surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

I recently had a 3 day reddit ban for saying "I hope he tears his ACL in preseason so his suspension gets pushed off a year/when he is healthy". And here we are on TBD discussing murder.

Apparently I was threatening? 

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

There is data on this. Sexual predators tend to be "the worst humans" when it comes to rehabilitation. Murderers, thieves, drug dealers, all have significantly better rehabilitation rates than rapists and pedophiles at scale. 

If so, then this won’t be the last time his name is in the news for sexual deviancy. And at that point, if his new action still doesn’t amount to what is perceived as a crime,   after the blowback from this situation, the counseling, and the fines from his prior transgressions, I suspect he’ll get the lifetime ban.

EDIT: And Haslam is lying through his teeth. No way he makes that trade again (at least for the same compensation) given all that he knows now.

Edited by JayBaller10

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.