Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Okie Dokie....it is pretty hard to break ground on anything if you don't first have an idea of what you're building. These are very complex structures. They do not start and one end and hope it all comes together when they get to the other end.  As I mentioned above, I'm guessing the issues are all surrounding costs at this point.  They don't want to publish renderings that later cause people to say "Hey! This is not what we were shown/promised!"  That doesn't mean they cannot start some of the infrastructure and site clearing activities this coming Spring.

I believe all the design work and pricing is done and funding is complete. What is left is the community benefits part. In other words, PSE getting all this public funding, what are they gunna give back to the community. As we all know, that is much more about what projects go into which politicians neighborhood and which donor to said politician gets his slice.  Tribute. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalonews.com/business/local/deadline-for-a-stadium-benefits-plan-nears-with-no-sign-of-a-final-deal/article_27c746a6-44b4-11ed-a86b-d747586a1609.amp.html

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I believe all the design work and pricing is done and funding is complete. What is left is the community benefits part. In other words, PSE getting all this public funding, what are they gunna give back to the community. As we all know, that is much more about what projects go into which politicians neighborhood and which donor to said politician gets his slice.  Tribute. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalonews.com/business/local/deadline-for-a-stadium-benefits-plan-nears-with-no-sign-of-a-final-deal/article_27c746a6-44b4-11ed-a86b-d747586a1609.amp.html

That is what I have read is the deal is set etc.. it is the community benefits part and local politicians in the city proper are pushing hard for sizable benefits in those communities.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You may be correct there. It’s however hard for me to believe that if the design is in fact done that they could keep it hidden from the public. Immediately after the architectural firm creates the initial concept sketches and renderings they need to distribute them out to a large number of consultant firms, so the technical design work can begin. I’ve got to hand it to them if their Code of Silence is that wide and iron clad…..but who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Spoken like a true fan of The Wire...and it's also true.  

• Haha (+1) 1