Training Camp practice 7/24

On 7/24/2022 at 9:09 AM, The Wiz said:

Tre is on schedule

What does that mean?

That he's on schedule according to the trainers.  Good old McD answering the question without answering it. 

Schedule for an ACL is one year. TDW had his surgery 15 December. Draw your own conclusions.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The difference the second time was they had to give cushion outside and, frankly, the line just didn't execute as well as it managed in the first meeting. But rushing 5 against Mahomes is a proven recipe for failure in any event. 

The idea of more of a bear front is something they have done on occasion, most notably at San Fran in 2020 when after the 49ers ran the ball right down the field to score on their first drive the Bills switched to the 5 man front, with Tremaine lining up on the edge and managed to shut the run game down for large parts thereafter. The other way for the Bills to get teams out of the run game against them though is to score on offense. See how much teams are willing to stick with it down multiple scores. 

Ok we can have different opines. If we can't get pressure or stop the run with 4, the Mahomes of the world will RPO us to death....and one more loss in the playoffs due to that or stupid 9-6 losses during the season will certainly mean a D.C coaching change. I'm afraid that's the one thing that's gonna keep us from the trophy. Pettine or Schwartz would make us unbeatable.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, nosejob said:

Ok we can have different opines. If we can't get pressure or stop the run with 4, the Mahomes of the world will RPO us to death....and one more loss in the playoffs due to that or stupid 9-6 losses during the season will certainly mean a D.C coaching change. I'm afraid that's the one thing that's gonna keep us from the trophy. Pettine or Schwartz would make us unbeatable.

How does a 9-6 loss result in the DC getting fired?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mattymafia said:

Something I’ve never noticed before. Josh Allen says the word “Again” A LOT. 29 times in his first interview of the season. 

Has he created a new drinking game? 

You have to be very anal to actually count how many times he said the word "again".. Who cares!?!

Again, you have to be very anal.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

You have to be very anal to actually count how many times he said the word "again".. Who cares!?!

Similar to when Marrone would say obviously…. Believe someone actually counted here.

13 hours ago, boater said:

Schedule for an ACL is one year. TDW had his surgery 15 December. Draw your own conclusions.

An internet search suggests that the fastest recovery time is 6 months, 9 months is common, and it can take as long as 12.   

I'm not making any predictions, but we know that Tre has been getting the very best treatment, surgery through rehab.   So, if he was a normal case and has had no complications, my own conclusion is that we'll see him in October. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Agree 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:09 AM, The Wiz said:

Tre is on schedule

What does that mean?

That he's on schedule according to the trainers.  Good old McD answering the question without answering it. 

On schedule means between September and December. September is 9 months. Conservative timeframe is typically 9-12 months. Some players can return earlier than the 9 months with aggressive treatment.

Without any setbacks I think he’ll be ready to play in September. But I think the Bills will take it as slow as possible. Using a 4 week IR seems likely.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, boater said:

Recovery generally takes about nine months. It may take eight to 12 months or more before athletes can return to their sports. 

He can return anytime between August thru December. So only Tre and the doctors will know when.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/acl-reconstruction/about/pac-20384598#:~:text=Recovery generally takes about nine,can return to their sports.

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

It wasn’t me, it came up on my feed. But I watched another interview and he said again like 10 times. 

37 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

It wasn’t me, it came up on my feed. But I watched another interview and he said again like 10 times. 

Well, let's treat it as a drinking game then.:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Don’t worry about that IF. OJ has demonstrated an ability to block more than he has demonstrated being a downfield threat as a pass catcher. From reports I believe Knox lines up out wide when they are both on the same side of the field. 

If you're right about Howard, and I am inclined to believe you, I like some of those mismatches. In my mind Diggs and Davis on the outside, Know against a linebacker, Howard to block, Cooks out of the backfield, and Josh's ability run to RPO or zone read plays offers a number of options to salivate over. 

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

An internet search suggests that the fastest recovery time is 6 months, 9 months is common, and it can take as long as 12.   

I'm not making any predictions, but we know that Tre has been getting the very best treatment, surgery through rehab.   So, if he was a normal case and has had no complications, my own conclusion is that we'll see him in October. 

Thanks for this. 

Obviously, I think we are very hopeful that this is an abnormally good case and that White is back to full speed come week 1. But I think we need to be prepared for the idea that he spends 4 weeks on the PUP list. It would also give some credence as to why some Bills players have been courting Joe Haden.

Haden, in my mind, is a lot like the a Josh Norman or Vontae Davis: a vet whose best days are behind them but maybe want one last splash. I would feel a whole lot better with Dane Jackson as my CB4.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Thanks for this. 

Obviously, I think we are very hopeful that this is an abnormally good case and that White is back to full speed come week 1. But I think we need to be prepared for the idea that he spends 4 weeks on the PUP list. It would also give some credence as to why some Bills players have been courting Joe Haden.

Haden, in my mind, is a lot like the a Josh Norman or Vontae Davis: a vet whose best days are behind them but maybe want one last splash. I would feel a whole lot better with Dane Jackson as my CB4.

Yeah, maybe.   On the other hand, there are a lot of things that go into determining who you want to occupy roster spots.   Maybe, as some have been saying, Dane Jackson can be a solid #2.  Maybe the Bills know that they're building for the playoffs, not opening day, and by the time they get to the playoffs, they want Elam and Jackson to be seasoned starters/backups.  Maybe they don't want to take training camp reps away from those two and use them on a vet who won't be in the lineup in December.  

I'm not arguing with you.  I don't know or pretend to know.   I just think that although probably everyone agrees that Haden would be better in game 1 than at least one of the starting corners, that's not enough reason, alone, to add him to the team.  

McDermott always challenges his team.   I think he's going to challenge in game 1 by letting them realize that, just like in the playoffs last year, they'll have to play without Tre.  

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

if he is not in a red practice jersey than means fans can tackle him, right?

I’ll give you $50 to find out! 

Bail money, fines and court costs are on you, however, so I hope it’s not more than $50 total.  

Edited by Augie