Training Camp practice 7/24

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Dang, I didn't realize he fumbled THAT many times.... sheesh.   I agree with you on McDermott needing to keep him on a short leash, but I'm praying maybe he's put that behind him, because when the ball is in his hands, he's electric....his speed alone adds an extra element to the offense....

Question, was it McKenzie who fumbled the kickoff vs the Colts, when nobody touched him?  I can't remember if that was him or someone else.  I just remember how much of a momentum killer it was, and felt like it basically ended the game for us at that point...

McKenzie has fumbled a total of 10 times in his career.  6 his first season with Denver (2017) and 2 with Buffalo in (2018).

In his last 3 seasons with Buffalo, he has 2 fumbles.

He has fumble issues, and he knows it too.  Let's see how much work he is putting into improving and whether it's paying off.

All the PR guys fighting for the job have 2 extremely different punters to work with this summer and the best performer "this year" will hopefully get the job.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

McKenzie has fumbled a total of 10 times in his career.  6 his first season with Denver (2017) and 2 with Buffalo in (2018).

In his last 3 seasons with Buffalo, he has 2 fumbles.

He has fumble issues, and he knows it too.  Let's see how much work he is putting into improving and whether it's paying off.

All the PR guys fighting for the job have 2 extremely different punters to work with this summer and the best performer "this year" will hopefully get the job.

If you break it down per touch that’s pretty scary.

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder if Bernard eats into Edmunds snaps on 3rd down and obvious passing situations.

Then the Bills should trade Edmunds now because that is what he excells at. He's one of the best in the league at taking the middle of the field away.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Man, there’s been A LOT of praise coming from Bernard, his speed, and his coverage skills, stretching all the way back to rookie minicamp. Ideally he’d play Milano’s position in the 4-2-5, but if he continues to progress he’ll have to find a role on the field. Maybe that means taking Taron Johnson off and running a 4-3 more often, I don’t know. Taron is a CB with a LB mentality so we’ve been able to get away with running 70% nickel. 

......But the bigger backs kill us. Taron cannot bring them down and they're usually in 3rd gear by the time he can close.

If McFrazier can't prepare for what is obviously coming from the likes of Pitt,. Balt. ,Cincy Tenn. as well as everyone else, we may see twice as many of the Colts, N.E outcomes. Bernard is gonna make a huge difference....providing Frazier is not too stuck in his ways or McD is too timid to take over.

BTW, 70% nickel will kill us in the 1st 4 games. 2/3s of the middle of the field to Milano's left will be the target area and even though I'm expecting....and very grateful for the Dline additions, 4 guys can't stop 6 and a back against a team Hell bent on running and T.O.P.

Another tactic I expect to see is timing passes against us. Teams are gonna try to unload quick to backs to beat our improved pass rush. We gotta run a 4-3 and even with Miller, we're gonna need to blitz more. 4-3 can disguise Milano blitzing.

Edited by nosejob
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

Went to camp today, took my father who turns 98 in 3 weeks. Was a little scared if it would be too hard for him, he reluctantly brought his cane with him when I insisted. We had no problems at all. Leaving one of the staff offered us a ride to the front but he refused. Then we were in the back of a long line to get on a bus but he refused. That time I insisted, he said "No, that's ok, I can wait." I said, "Thank you, yes, please take us to the front of the line to get on the bus." Then, a nice person in the front row sitting across from her husband and young son said, "Take their seat, they can walk to the back of the bus." Although my father insists on independence and that he can do whatever, I very much appreciate not having to make sure he doesn't trip while walking through a bus.

I think it four years ago or so he tripped on one of the rubber things that cover the power cords going to WGR's tent. He was looking at the tent and didn't see the rubber thing, tripped, hit his head and hand on the ground and had a cut on his head. It was a bummer way to start the session.

And, I have four tickets to next Saturday's practice and can't make it. First one to PM me I'll give them to. Of course, I've never used PM here, so not convinced I'll even see the response.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Will McDermott take them on a pre dawn run at like 5am tomorrow to some famous site and tell them if they don't come together right now then they will never come together like Remember the Titans?

That's all I want to know

"Run it up Hermin.....leave no doubt!"

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I said it all off-season…Dane Jackson is a lot better than many gave him credit for. He’s not going down without a fight. 

This is good news because If I had to take a guess Tre does not start the season.....cannot afford to be giving away games.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McKenzie's 8 regular season fumbles on ST's in his brief season and a piece in Denver was one of the worst stretches a player has been allowed to have as a returner.    He fumbled a bunch more in the preaseasons too.   You can't give that dude much of a leash.........he's an all-time-worst kinda' fumbler.

if you just look at his fumbles, it actually understates how bad he has been. He misplays a ton of balls too, which had led to near “touches” and muffs. It’s less of a fumbling issue with him, and more of a decision making problem. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

I agree with you, I think he will make an impact. From what I’ve seen and read his comparable is Matt Milano, same size and playing style. I heard Bernard in an interview say that he studied alot of Matt Milanos playing style during his time at Baylor. 

I had the idea that Milano was bigger, but you’re right- they’re about the same size.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Man, there’s been A LOT of praise coming from Bernard, his speed, and his coverage skills, stretching all the way back to rookie minicamp. Ideally he’d play Milano’s position in the 4-2-5, but if he continues to progress he’ll have to find a role on the field. Maybe that means taking Taron Johnson off and running a 4-3 more often, I don’t know. Taron is a CB with a LB mentality so we’ve been able to get away with running 70% nickel. 

People were so wrapped up draft time in finding the Edmunds replacement that they didnt get Beane took this kid because he is a BEAST.   In McD's defense linebackers have to COVER

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"Run it up Hermin.....leave no doubt!"

This is good news because If I had to take a guess Tre does not start the season.....cannot afford to be giving away games.

You’re missing my point, but ok…

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

You'd be surprised. 

Some of the college cafeterias have pretty good food and at least 7-8 stations of variety.

It's not like when I went to college 

Sorry gotta do it

Rw and sjf are both ranked in the US as top 10 schools for best meals and selection.

Rw has individual cook stations were the chefs actually cook meals for you. 

And the se staff that cooks for students also cooks for the players some do opt out for other meals.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.