Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Still having an impact 

Somewhat, yes. 

Also, Kelly was outspent 24M to 17M. 

But hey, Lindsey Graham is on tv begging people to donate to Trump.. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/04/matthew-kacsmaryk-mifepristone-medication-abortion-supreme-court.html

It is probably impossible to count how many errors, exaggerations, and lies Kacsmaryk, a Donald Trump appointee, put in his decision. The judge appears to have largely copied and pasted the briefs filed by the anti-abortion group that filed the suit, the Alliance Defending Freedom, rephrasing their arguments as his own analysis. (This was predictable—Kacsmaryk himself is a staunch anti-abortion activist—and might be why ADF handpicked him specifically to hear the case for them.) His decision repeats the ridiculous and objectively false conspiracy theory about mifepristone—that the FDA illegally rushed its approval in 2000 at the behest of former President Bill Clinton, the pharmaceutical industry, and population control advocates. Kacsmaryk flyspecked the FDA’s assessment of the drug, concluding that its studies were insufficient and that the agency “acquiesced to the pressure to increase access to chemical abortion at the expense of women’s safety.” And he claimed that he had authority to revisit an FDA approval that occurred 23 years ago because the agency happens to have changed rules around the dispensation of the drug several times since.

This is all completely absurd, an outrageous abuse of power that no judge has ever even attempted before. Challenges to agency actions have a six-year statute of limitations. That means plaintiffs get a full six years to file a lawsuit, after which point they’ve waited too long. It has, just to reiterate, been more than two decades since the FDA approved mifepristone. Kascmaryk ignored that limitation in his quest to block the drug because, he insisted, the agency hadn’t responded quickly enough to citizen petitions opposing the drug. That is not the law.

Mark Joseph Stern is a journalist with a law degree. He sometimes overdoes it, but I read the decision itself and I gotta say: his summary nails it. This is one of the most poorly reasoned, purely result-oriented decisions I've ever seen. The Republicans are now beating the Democrats at their own game: filing lawsuits in federal district courts where they can get a favorable judge. But its even worse now since they can game their lawsuits by filing in a location where there is just one judge on the bench - Amarillo, Texas. That's right. A single anti-abortion Trump appointed judge in Amarillo, Texas is now running abortion policy nationwide. Obviously we need to change the rule: this decision should, at most, apply to this judge's district in Texas.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

They talk safety while banning that drug. but if they really cared about safety, they would just ban Doctors from prescribing it at some week limit. as the health risk are if it's taken too late.

on a side note, its kind of crazy that you see those drugs being sold on social media next to/same places as recreational drugs.  It's not supposed to be this way.

people will get hurt from this.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

They talk safety while banning that drug. but if they really cared about safety, they would just ban Doctors from prescribing it at some week limit. as the health risk are if it's taken too late.

on a side note, its kind of crazy that you see those drugs being sold on social media next to/same places as recreational drugs.  It's not supposed to be this way.

people will get hurt from this.

Remember when you could buy a gun at Walmart?

smfh

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Remember when you could buy a gun at Walmart?

smfh

I dont know where you live, but the Walmart's around here if anything have muzzle loaders and shotguns.  and only sell shotgun ammo.

but nice canned talking point

Back to topic, someone taking those drugs without a doctor's watch, or taking to late can cause severe issues for MOM

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You can get  without a prescription?

Right now it seems to be a popular drug on the black market.  its cheap as hell in Mexico and Canada.  

And the abortion pill is both mifepristone and misoprostol BTW.

if one takes that after 3 months they could do severe damage to themselves

Just now, Chris farley said:

Right now it seems to be a popular drug on the black market.  its cheap as hell in Mexico and Canada.  

And the abortion pill is both mifepristone and misoprostol BTW.

if one takes that after 3 months they could do severe damage to themselves

Give me a f'n break - you can get ANYTHING in Mexio, Canada, and off the internet.

JFC

Give me a f'n break - you can get ANYTHING in Mexio, Canada, and off the internet.

JFC

you on the roids or something?  did you get them off the internet?

by banning them women will get them from other sources (like you parroted) and if taken after 3 months or without a doctor checkup, people will get hurt.

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

you on the roids or something?  did you get them off the internet?

by banning them women will get them from other sources (like you parroted) and if taken after 3 months or without a doctor checkup, people will get hurt.

Roids - idiots - idiots everywhere 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d799bded67693efb0f06

@Chris farley is what happens when the cult defends EVERYTHING MAGA does even when they don’t have intellect to do so.  

TDS, dude lives in your head.  

wasn't the orange dude that pushed the Mississippi law with a 15 week limit to the supreme court.  that was a highly funded PAC.

just saying.

later

10 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

There is already a shortage of doctors in America. Looks like the problem will be getting worse in Idaho. 

that hospital only had 250 babies delivered last year. rural hospitals across the country are closing and hurting, due to COVID and not making money..its a real problem.  here is a link from a hospital 50 mins from that one doing the same thing cause they only delivered 50 babies last year. neither have any NICU's either.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/briefs/another-idaho-hospital-announces-it-can-no-longer-deliver-babies/#:~:text=The COVID-19 pandemic%2C a,announcement posted to its website.

but agree, its all messed up. some states are promoting abortion to birth for mental health, while others are damn near banning it.

But rural hospitals stopping services like day surgeries and maternity words is and has been an issue.  

Edited by Chris farley

21 hours ago, Chris farley said:

TDS, dude lives in your head.  

wasn't the orange dude that pushed the Mississippi law with a 15 week limit to the supreme court.  that was a highly funded PAC.

just saying.

later

Everyone has TDS except the idiots that rush to clean up EVERY mess on aisle 45.

if it’s not you, it’s @B-Man, @LeviF and @BillsFanNC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Everyone has TDS except the idiots that rush to clean up EVERY mess on aisle 45.

if it’s not you, it’s @B-Man, @LeviF and @BillsFanNC.

your insults are childish.

And would abortion even be a topic without that action by a very shady pac.

lots of countries have limits around 15 weeks.

19 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

your insults are childish.

And would abortion even be a topic without that action by a very shady pac.

lots of countries have limits around 15 weeks.

Ironically, radical Democrats run and hide for cover when you ask them the simple question, "what is a women"?  But they'll fight tooth and nail over abortion issue to protect the rights of this incomprehensibly difficult to define subset of humans.  It's comical.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ah yes - the BIG GOTCHA question - freakin idiots.

What's A Woman? GOP Senators Stumble On Their Own Question To Ketanji Brown Jackson.

Is this your definition of woman?

A human that has scientifically and medically verifiable female characteristic through the presence of genetic and biological traits that objectively prove the person is a female/women.  Along with working lady-parts. 

Your turn.  Do you think a guy wearing a dress and make up with a set of stones taped to his ass is a women?  I'm thinking you do.  And news flash, your part of the cult that believes this fantasy.  If that doesn't make all of you mind-blowing imbeciles I don't know what else to say.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A human that has scientifically and medically verifiable female characteristic through the presence of genetic and biological traits that objectively prove the person is a female/women.  Along with working lady-parts. 

Your turn.  Do you think a guy wearing a dress and make up with a set of stones taped to his ass is a women?  I'm thinking you do.  And news flash, you’re part of the cult that believes this fantasy.  If that doesn't make all of you mind-blowing imbeciles I don't know what else to say.  

If a man wants to wear a dress - how does that impact your life?

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

If a man wants to wear a dress - how does that impact your life?

You won't even answer my question.  But I'll answer yours. 

It doesn't directly impact my life unless the nutjob or some fanatical social justice types that push the idea these lunatics are "women" thinks they're going to force me to believe that insanity.  But if a guy in a dress wants to believe he's a women then okay, its his mental health problem not mine.  "She" just shouldn't expect me to buy into the delusion.  Or for that matter expect any person grounded in reality to believe it either.  The social scene right now is all pretty much the progressive wet dream version of the Emperor's New Clothes tale. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It doesn't directly impact my life unless the nutjob or some fanatical social justice types that push the idea these lunatics are "women" thinks they're going to force me to believe that insanity.  But if a guy in a dress wants to believe he's a women then okay, its his mental health problem not mine.  "She" just shouldn't expect me to buy into the delusion.  Or for that matter expect any person grounded in reality to believe it either.   

FIFY.

Just in case anyone hasn't been following the details of the mifepristone case here are some fun facts about it:

• Forum Shopping: A group of doctors incorporated an organization in Amarillo, Texas. They had no connection to the area, but there is only one district court judge that covers Amarillo and he's been an anti-abortion activist.
  • Lack of standing: The doctors have never performed abortions, nor proscribed mifepristone for abortion purposes. Yet they sued under the legal theory that some day they may be forced to do so somehow, for some reason.
  • Time Travel: One of the reasons the judge used to support his argument is that when the FDA approved mifepristone in 2000, they did not consider the contents of a random blog from 2021.

Yep. This case is totally on the up-and-up, fellas.

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Just in case anyone hasn't been following the details of the mifepristone case here are some fun facts about it:

• Forum Shopping: A group of doctors incorporated an organization in Amarillo, Texas. They had no connection to the area, but there is only one district court judge that covers Amarillo and he's been an anti-abortion activist.
  • Lack of standing: The doctors have never performed abortions, nor proscribed mifepristone for abortion purposes. Yet they sued under the legal theory that some day they may be forced to do so somehow, for some reason.
  • Time Travel: One of the reasons the judge used to support his argument is that when the FDA approved mifepristone in 2000, they did not consider the contents of a random blog from 2021.

Yep. This case is totally on the up-and-up, fellas.

seems like its dead in the water.

now the same places one could get transition drugs without a script, are also selling and shipping mifepristone.  like many things, the ban just created a black market.

Edited by Chris farley

Just now, Pokebball said:

It seems trans are owning lots of women, perhaps you're right

The comical part of it is they're making a mockery of what it means to be a "real" women and the dummies stand and applaud.  You'd think the radical feminist groups would be rushing in and defending their sisters but not a peep from the cowards. 

• Like (+1) 2