Jump to content

Article on 5 scariest QB's -- Allen #2


Recommended Posts

The section on Allen starts off,  "Allen is a freak show at the position...."

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/five-scariest-quarterbacks-entering-2022-nfl-season-where-gronk-ranks-among-top-

 

I'm past the who's the best QB debate which will always be a Chevy / Ford thing.  Bottom line is our QB is elite and is now getting the respect he deserves.  What a road Allen has travelled from draft night punch line to where he is today.

  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd wager that if you ask the 32 NFL DCs, today, who they would least like to face -- Allen or Mahomes -- it's either dead even or Josh gets a couple more votes.

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No doubt that Allen has scary physical tools.  The difficulty is the rest of the team needs to play well and disciplined football .  Look at the list (with Peyton Manning & Brett Fauve getting an honorable mention in the write up).

 

Mahomes 1

Faurve 2

Manning 2

Rogers 1

 

vs

 

Brady 7

 

The point simply is that it takes more than just a highly talented QB to bring home the trophy.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It says 5 scariest but they only talk about 4.  I'm not going to watch the whole thing. My top 4 is Allen, Mahommes, Herbert, and Rodgers.  Rodgers is better than Brady at this point and without Gronk I don't think Brady cracks the top 4.  I know Adams is not in Green Bay any more and that is why I have Herbert ahead of Rodgers. 

I've already posted numerous times the AFC Championship will be decided when Buffalo and LA Chargers meet in the playoffs.  

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Let’s see what Mahomes does without Hill

He's played well when Hill's missed starts.  I think he'll be fine.  I think we're going to have the Mahomes/Allen debate for the next decade which is fine with me.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

No doubt that Allen has scary physical tools.  The difficulty is the rest of the team needs to play well and disciplined football .  Look at the list (with Peyton Manning & Brett Fauve getting an honorable mention in the write up).

 

Mahomes 1

Faurve 2

Manning 2

Rogers 1

 

vs

 

Brady 7

 

The point simply is that it takes more than just a highly talented QB to bring home the trophy.

 

Cheating?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cheating?

Uncalled for.  The camera crew taping the Rams walk through at the Super Bowl and the Cincinnati sideline prior to the week they played them was all for a harmlessly fun documentary their fans could enjoy.  Plus, who doesn't destroy their sim card in their phone at regular intervals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

As a modern-day single-wing quarterback

 

Although I would not classify him as a modern-day single-wing QB so who are the other single-wing quarterbacks who compete with Allen through history?

 

I assume the writer is labelling him as such since he can play as a WR/TE, FB, RB or QB when he needs too.

Kordell Stewart is another such a player who was dangerous even when he was not doing QB role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Cheating?

 Nothing to see here…..that phone was already scheduled for complete destruction. I mean, that’s how I do it, don’t you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's played well when Hill's missed starts.  I think he'll be fine.  I think we're going to have the Mahomes/Allen debate for the next decade which is fine with me.

Agree only add in Burrow and Herbert and an aging Wilson.  Sucks that all 5 are in the AFC.  When Brady and Rodgers retire, there is not much left in the NFC.  Dak probably is the best of the NFC after those two.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We'll see what the ranking is after this season, since Mahomes won't have Hill/a true #1 WR.  Although I'm curious if Kelce was the true #1 WR and Hill benefitted from that?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree only add in Burrow and Herbert and an aging Wilson.  Sucks that all 5 are in the AFC.  When Brady and Rodgers retire, there is not much left in the NFC.  Dak probably is the best of the NFC after those two.  

I'd pry go with Murray (when healthy) and Stafford over Dak but it does suck the AFC is loaded at the QB position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The section on Allen starts off,  "Allen is a freak show at the position...."

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/five-scariest-quarterbacks-entering-2022-nfl-season-where-gronk-ranks-among-top-

 

I'm past the who's the best QB debate which will always be a Chevy / Ford thing.  Bottom line is our QB is elite and is now getting the respect he deserves.  What a road Allen has travelled from draft night punch line to where he is today.

 

What's #1? Mecha-Allen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...