MINKAH Fitzpatrick huge contract

2 minutes ago, noacls said:

Fitzpatrick >Poyer

Contract has no effect on Poyer situation 

Incorrect. Yes, Fitzpatrick will be paid more. But if that's the top end, it raises up everyone underneath it. His agent will say "If Fitzpatrick is at this - we need to fall in line at least here" which will be a higher number than it was yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Hyde’s extension last year was 2 years $19.3 million, so I wouldn’t expect it to be too much more than that. My guess would be around $11 or 12 million per year.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Minkah is also 25 years old and just entering the prime of his career. Poyer is 31. 

That’s a huge part of it. Mathieu was 1st team All-Pro in 2019 and 2020, a pro bowler this past year, and only got $11 million per year at 30 years old.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Incorrect. Yes, Fitzpatrick will be paid more. But if that's the top end, it raises up everyone underneath it. His agent will say "If Fitzpatrick is at this - we need to fall in line at least here" which will be a higher number than it was yesterday.

It shouldn’t have any affect on a Poyer deal. Poyer will be looking for deals in the 5-10 ranking range. Not #1. $12m-$14m per season. Guaranteed money around $20 million range.

I think we’ll see something like 2 year extension for $30 million. $20million guaranteed. That is new money. The 3 year total is 3 years about $40 million.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It shouldn’t have any affect on a Poyer deal. Poyer will be looking for deals in the 5-10 ranking range. Not #1. $12m-$14m per season. Guaranteed money around $20 million range.

I think we’ll see something like 2 year extension for $30 million. $20million guaranteed. That is new money. The 3 year total is 3 years about $40 million.

That number would have been based on the top end value of all Safeties before the new top end deal. The market has now been reset. It bumps up every contract underneath it. That's how contracts work in the NFL. It's naive to think a market reset doesn't reset the entire market.

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That’s not correct.  The big difference is their ages.  But that will impact the length and guarantees of the contract more than the AAV.  Poyer won’t hit Fitzpatrick’s AAV, but this contract for a safety with first team All Pro selections in 2019 and 2020 will definitely raise the price of this other safety coming off a first team All Pro selection in 2021. 

• Agree 1

• Simon changed the title to MINKAH Fitzpatrick huge contract
1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Five yard penalty on the OP for false start....  Should be a rule on this board that any post regarding a Fitzpatrick other than Ryan, should require both names in the title.

If only there was a hero that's been pitching a pinned Fitz thread for years.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:46 PM, benderbender said:

All Fitz threads. Pin it so we all don’t have to go far to scratch the pining for Fitz itch that’s apparently so pervasive.

blank-meme-template-090-carefully-hes-a-

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Hate to say it, but this probably means it's Poyer's last season in Buffalo.

Really happy to see him in mandatory OTA's and at this point I'm just praying he doesn't hold out during the regular season.

Poyer is a good player.  But he is not an all timer the way a lot of people talk about him on here.  It would be nice if we can keep him for a couple more years on a reasonable deal.  But Beane has to look at the big picture.  And his job is not to break the bank for every player on the team.  That is not how the NFL works.  If Poyer and Drew Rosenhaus are thinking otherwise then he probably won't be here next year.  But it would be pretty foolish of him to hold out during a season that we are a very strong Super Bowl contender.  I can not imagine he would want to miss out on any of that.  Showing up at mandatory mini camp is a good move on his part.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

Just saw Steelers are paying major money $18.4 per year average  with 36 million guaranteed for Minkah Fitzpatrick.  How does this affect Poyer negotiations?  Don't expect Bills to go that large but it certainly hampers negotiations on a new deal.  

Okay Dave in Avon Lake wearing cement overshoes.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That number would have been based on the top end value of all Safeties before the new top end deal. The market has now been reset. It bumps up every contract underneath it. That's how contracts work in the NFL. It's naive to think a market reset doesn't reset the entire market.

It’s just not a comparable. He’ll slot in below the top contracts. The example I gave is $15 million a year in new money. Slots him right there with the top safeties, just not at the top. Before this contract I figured something around $12 million per year in new money.  So I did factor in the bump.

He’s signed so the new money would be added on, averaging a little over $13 million per year. That is market value.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.